Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Yessss, the game feels so much closer now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
I wonder if having customizable assists is gonna make alpha counters more prevalent than in other fighting games?

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

Waverhouse posted:

Has anyone else gotten this weird bug where you try to cancel out of searching for a Quick Match and you get stuck at the 'Please Wait... Network Shutting Down' screen forever? (Xbox) The Network shutting down action funnily enough takes more time sometimes than just getting a rejected match.
I've been getting that a lot lately, it's pretty annoying. I can always tell when it's going to fail too, because the screen sort of freezes for a couple seconds right at the beginning of the search. It seems to happen less after playing a few matches though.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Skullgirls is the first fighting game I've played that uses GGPO, do all GGPO games feel this nice online? Going from UMvC3 to this is nothing short of amazing.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Goddamn, Smash players really are the worst. There was no way that joke warranted an apology at all. How can you even get mad at something like that?

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/294671878310739968

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
My votes were for Isaac, Feng, Aeon, and Panzerfaust, but it's kind of crazy how many characters I'd be totally fine with if they got into the game.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
It's weird seeing all of these changes every week and getting excited to try some new stuff out, but then remembering that the game we're playing isn't actually changing. :v:

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Uploaded me playing some online matches as solo Squigly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpauDllpxp4

Oh hey, that was me you were playing in the first match! Watching myself played back is kinda making me cringe :v:

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

may contain peanuts posted:

Was the level 3 at the end really necessary

I was too worried I'd mess up my combo if I went for one, so the level 3 just sort of happened on reflex. It wasn't just to be a jerk, honest!

Noi Albinoi posted:

Coming up with your own combos feels intuitive and fun, but I have a question regarding the system. If the numbers of hits on the screen gets dropped in training mode, does that means it's a broken link or that I did it wrong?

Specifically, I am trying this -

If I do qcf+lk into s.mk, the number of hits drop despite it seeming to flow without any problems. How do I know if I am on the right track when creating combos?

I guess I could test it vs other players but I have a tendency to button-mash when it gets intense :v:

If the number drops off the screen, then you've dropped your combo, even if things look like they connect together really smoothly.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

ps am no frog posted:

I'm aware the IPS got changed a bit but im still murky on how so maybe its not possible but i'm trying to work a jump in to open this combo for Squigly. Maybe someone can come up with something or tell me that its not possible without triggering IPS.

s.lk, s.mk. s.hk. j.mp (4), j.hp xx qcf mk, s.mk, s.hk, j.lk, j.mk (4), j.hk xx qcf mk, s.mp, s.hk ,j.lp, j.mk (4), j.hk xx qcf mk, s.hp, s.hp xx qcf lk, c.lk, c.mk, c.hp (4) xx qcf mk, qcf lp, qcf pp (lp mp version), qcf [hk], ]hk[

The link after qcf.lk into c.lk is where it triggers if I try a jump in with say j.mk into s.lp.

Is it just not possible to jump in with this or am I missing something.

I might as well mention, for those of you who want to use this, that you can replace any of the mk dive kicks with an lk for a throw reset.

When IPS triggers, what colour are the hitsparks? Pink, or green?

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Beside the combo stage number that goes from 0-5 in training mode, there's another number that says 0/420. Every hit in your combo increases that number by a set amount. If you start a new chain after that hits 420, those green hitsparks pop up and they can burst. This was added fairly recently to help keep the combos shorter and avoid multi-character touch of death combos. The extra hit at the beginning is probably pushing you over 420 when you have to do that link to start your last chain.

I'm pretty sure the green hitsparks only trigger when you start a new chain, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Pre-orders start on August 1st, which will give you beta access as well.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Man, lobbies are so much more enjoyable than ranked. A single match just really isn't enough to learn from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Feel free to add me as well, I'd love to get better at this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xuuel/

• Locked thread