Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
My favourite skullgirl is Panzerfaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Countblanc posted:

I have a feeling that team compositions are going to be very loose in this game, simply because every character has approximately infinity-billion possible assists, so you'll almost definitely find something that covers the others' weaknesses.

Cerebella's spinny arms thing that looks like Orbital Grudge seems really popular as an assist though, I reckon it'll be a staple since it locks down for so long.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

The 19th Person posted:

This is actually something I find extremely odd about her play style. She's a keep away character loaded with projectiles, but her strongest super is a command grab. Seems contradictory. Probably will be an interesting risk/reward thing though, what with having to put her where she will supposedly be at her weakest to pull it off.

It's not really a command grab, it's a move that you cancel off her normal throw. So it can still be teched and so on.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Countblanc posted:

Also, what does Diamonds are Forever actually do? It's a level 3, right?

It looks like a seriously heavy-duty projectile to me. I might be wrong though because I only see it used at close range.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Do we know how online's going to work, by the way? I'm aware it's GGPO but is it a simple matchmaking system like SF4 or something else?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

PalmTreeFun posted:

Or gently caress, throw in the original Japanese mythology Raiden.

Oni confirmed

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Liar Lyre posted:

Here is a good 3v1 where 1 wins. And it's with Peacock who is considered a fairly weak solo character.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=Y6SuATsMg80

Uh that just links to my Watch Later list

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

mango sentinel posted:

Finally: Is that a X reference with Y Skullgirls move?

The answer is probably yes.

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 2, 2012

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

the_american_dream posted:

What is happening when Parasoul tells the Egret "Not Now"?

The soldier guy distracts her which cancels her current animation, letting her set up fancy combo chains and stuff.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Saint Freak posted:

That blog post they mentioned yesterday is up:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/03/dev-diary-skullgirls-is-a-feature-rich-psn-fighter/

Spoiler: no release date yet. Everyone seems to know it's Valentine's Day except them.

Oh my god the story mode looks legitimately fun. I hope Ms. Fortune's is as full of cat puns as that snippet implies.

e: do we know how story mode works? Is it one for each character like Soul Calibur 3 or a single unified one a la Mortal Kombat 9? The blog post seems to imply the latter.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Liar Lyre posted:

You know what SkullGirls needs? A rap video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxX7AFHmOCI
:psyduck:I don't even...

I want to see Yipes commentate a Skullgirls tourney now.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Fishmonkey posted:

Wait, is that an unlockable character slot in the bottom right corner? I thought this game was made by fighting game fans for fighting game fans? :confused:

They're going to be releasing a steady stream of DLC characters after launch.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Jmcrofts posted:

It's a pretty huge difference. The one that has a hitbox she shoots horizontally using her gun. The one that doesn't have a hitbox she just spins her umbrella in a circle and the bomb comes out in an arc.

He's talking about the projectiles themselves.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Can you use Painwheel's armoured charge moves as assists?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I thought it was a Samus palette.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Dias posted:

And it requires a setup that's only safe after a knockdown (in which case Valentine misses out on oki) or from distance, and you can't really "vortex" people with it, you land a combo + orange soda, you get your mixup, if you get something from that you'll need to use another poison.

Her counter super also injects them with whatever poison she has loaded.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
New Friday Night Fights: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/726737

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

quote:

Roses are red, Skull Hearts are blue,

The game is nearly done,

Happy V-Day to you!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Double's gross (and therefore cool) as heck but I do agree that they could have done something different. I would have preferred it if they made her into a walking homage to all the coolest fighting game moves out there, like Seth had Urien's shoulder bash.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The Double walkthrough is up!! Get hype!! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-double-skullgirls/727033

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

The Rokstar posted:

I love how the PS3 version has a trophy for what looks like getting a happy birthday. So much detail crammed into every crevice :)

If a player gets a happy birthday and kills both characters the game plays a laugh track. It owns.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Um.

What's a 'Happy Birthday'?

Catching two or more characters in a single combo. I don't know why it's called a happy birthday, it's a fg meme thing I guess.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So, performing a combo that hits the primary fighter and their assist?

Yes.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

darealkooky posted:

Have any choice quotes?

Being a fan of loli /= pedophilia. >_>

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Shadowlyger posted:

So, reading up on this a bit, it turns out that Peacock is really loving creepy. For instance, did you know that she sees with the eyes that are on her arms? Those things on her face? Those aren't eyes.

Yeah in her winpose she turns one of her eyes into a mouth so she can blow smoke out of it. She's weird.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
No Friday Night Fights tonight.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
It might be a long shot, but is there any chance of Skullgirls having a colour edit mode, either on release or afterwards? I know it'll have plenty of pre-made palettes but seeing Strekken's abysmal version made me realise how much it'd own in this game.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Groghammer posted:

I remember hearing the devs left it out so people wouldn't make nude/camouflage pallets.

And what's the count on alt colors? The most recent build I saw only had 9 per character.

I might be wrong but isn't there one for every combination of buttons?

e: so 15 different palettes?

vv That makes sense.

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 6, 2012

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Ask Autumn Games if they can set up a $25,000 tournament reality show. Will you cross the line skull the girls??

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I reckon Black Dahlia might be a future addition since she appears in Double's level 3.

Marin seems quite likely too. You don't even need to animate her panty shots!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If Big Band doesn't make it in playable I will be greatly disappointed.

I hope all his moves come with a different music note so long combos sound like a jazz improv

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I really don't "get" why people like color edit mode, especially in games that already have 6+ palette swaps. Most of what people who aren't actual artists or designers come up with is going to look worse than the official palettes, if not outright ridiculous (full flesh tone, full black, etc). There are exceptions, but that's true of any mod tool of any kind in any game; 1% of people will always do something cool with them.

I see very little incentive for designers to include it unless it's just throwing their own existing color tools in the game and costs them basically nothing. It makes their game look shittier and nobody is going to make their decision to pay/play based on whether or not a game has color edit.

People like to feel unique and creating personal palettes is part of that. You could be the only Ms. Fortune who ever uses green akin and yellow scars, but thousands of other people will be using Palette #8.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I hope they add black and white palettes for every character to match Peacock's.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Funk In Shoe posted:

What are the odds this will be coming out for PC? It looks amazing but there's no way I'm going to go out and buy a console to play it.

PC release is confirmed but it's coming some time after release.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Leadthumb posted:

I played chipp in Guilty gear, and bakuryu in bloody roar, does that I am destined to main valentine? Is there any other dodgy/"too fast" character planned for DLC or is she the one for me?

There's a ninja guy called Le Duc who might be DLC, he looks like he might fit the bill.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Has there been any word on those character posters from Attract mode becoming available? Someone said they might be selling those iirc.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Somehow they still managed to get a panty shot in there.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

animaCartographer posted:

I dont know why this (character designs in skullgirls) is a big deal, seriously. EVERY other genre in games doesnt get NEARLY the amount of crap about this as fighters do.

They do actually. It's just most other games have stuff like the storyline and world-building or whatever to distract you (so some girl wearing a square inch of clothing is less important if the storyline itself is quite fair and egilitarian) but in fighters literally all you are seeing is the character themselves and their moveset.

quote:

Personally I think its loving stupid to not like a game PURELY on the art style alone. I dont like the style of Street fighter IV, but I still think that overall its a solid game.

Nobody who's been complaining about this kind of thing has said it's going to be a bad game.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

One thing that concerns me after watching these videos is that the infinite prevention system seems way too sensitive. There was like 5 or 6 different moments in that video where they could burst out despite not being in anything even mildly resembling an infinite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I'll be buying it on PC when it eventually comes out. I hope the release isn't too long after the console, I want the people I'm playing to be just as new to it as I am. :I

• Locked thread