Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

The upside to it is that it's impossible to perform an infinite that doesn't break that rule. The downside is that you have to be really creative with your combos to make them last beyond, say, 3 or 4 links (which is a secret upside for spectators).

Wouldn't this place more of an emphasis on hitting the same bnbs over and over though?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV oh god

kater fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Luceid posted:

Can anyone on XBLA actually play yet? Mine just sits on "waiting to validate online play..." forever. I want to get started!

Yea I'm getting this too. Played some training till I was comfortable with Peacock and now I want to destroy fools!

I can't believe there's a Garbage Day quote in here.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think a huge part of sticklove is based on nostalgia. I know for me just hearing those clacky button presses tickles some part of my brain that's still trapped in the 90s. If there were a controller with decent shoulder buttons I would have no problem believing it was superior. Something like the playstation ones, but in a place that wasn't ridiculously uncomfortable to hold.

Oh god I just realized the N64 had the best fighting game controller.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is the most interesting gameplay concept I've ever seen in a fighting game. It's like he's somehow his own puppet character.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

Anyone added other than Panzerfaust & Big Band is going to feel weird as hell. Also the Isaac time-travel mechanic everyone's gushing about doesn't even make sense. Why would you risk some future-punch (which then leaves you completely open 5secs later which you might even take damage on) when you could just...punch?

You can punch and then, while you are punching, punch.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

They look to be exploring a range of small Ungulates to have fight to the death.

I understand that it's likely that first creature just has puffy hair, but I really want it to be a brontosaurus with dainty feet.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's still the proper steam launch and also any DLC sales beyond the grace period. I know plenty of people who want to buy the game on steam but don't feel like paying a 200% markup.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is Marie getting an overhaul if she becomes playable? Her deadpan mumbling and bland art design made the boss fight really boring.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Azaael posted:

Three, with the no doubt 'strategic voting' likely starting, some of her voters(and a couple of the other characters as well) are likely the type who 'threw a vote in for an underdog since they knew others they'd like will win', but are going to start backing favorites more.

As people look for characters to throw away votes on so their despised competition doesn't earn more, Scythana will coast to victory. Final round should have two votes dammit.

I just think she's the best female design after Roxie, and Roxie didn't have a chance in hell.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

sentrygun posted:

What does this even mean? He's got a loving timetravel watch! Cerebella can be boiled down to punch+kick, but just look at her normals! They're pretty cool and they even added some little touches to the original ideas like the knife in her s.LK! I mean come on, do you really think the animators are going to look at Isaac and go "welp I'm out of ideas how about we just make him swing his limbs around"? Even Stanley's going to have goofy rear end normals if he gets in, the animation staff on this game fuckin' loves goofy poo poo.

I'm not really sure how the girl with gigantic mutant arms growing out of her head is comparable to a dude with a watch. Did you mean parasoul?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The GIG posted:

No, the girl with the doofy hat was being compared to the dude who can stop and rewind time.

This dude with a watch has the grand ability to summon another dude with a watch from the future? God give me the possessed chair guy please.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah I unno, the salt has been hilarious but maybe fanvote isn't such a great thing. It's weird that Marie and whatever the umbrella child is named (Oh god is it Umbrella?) were basically next in line and now they don't have a chance.

I mean, I'm glad because Marie is a pretty garbage design and nothing about the boss encounter is so interesting I'd want to play as her, but still.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

The winner was always going to be a girl, in the end it boils down to which is more popular between huge-breasted or flatchested. Remember the demographic here.

Because boob size is the only distinguishing feature women have!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Why do we have 3 rounds of IRV...

Unveiling the winning character takes three levels of Dramatic Tension.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

My meta-narratives in grade school were so dense they couldn't reflect at all.

That concept art made me like Marie. Which means I'm cool with anyone winning now. If Umbrella wins somehow that's even cooler.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah, on one hand it's stupid and dumb and proof that the runners don't have a clue what they are doing; on the other who gives a gently caress it's hype hype hype.

I still would have rathered them sticking with Umbrella and Marie, but that's long past so whatevs put on a show.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Aeon seems to have a legit chance of making it. Which is bizarre because the character design just looks like a clone of Double's boring form. I don't get the appeal at all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Beowulf is cool, but if the game is only going to have a single dude it should have been Adam.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Anything with that much sax transcends gender.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Macho Man is such a lame choice. Beovulf is obviously Heart Break Kid material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That's awesome that Eliza won out all the way through. She was by far the most striking character on initial reveal.

Also unless I'm misunderstanding... The way the 2nd vote broke down means more people that wanted Annie main wanted Beowolf over Minette? And significantly so? That is funny, but really believable.

• Locked thread