Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

The gist is that Peter is a numbnut, it was said in an elevator and in confidence after the ACTUAL interview (of which very little was used since Eurogamer is a tabloid), he's just a PR guy and not a designer, and Eurogamer is willing to say or do anything to generate site hits as long as it doesn't hurt any companies bigger than them. Alex Ahad's reponse to the whole thing says quite a bit more.

Basically, a pair of idiots made the entirety of Reverge look bad.

Then why did he post "In addition to doing some UI design, implementation and production on Skullgirls and leading design on our next project, I’m currently filling the role you might know at other companies as the dreaded “Community Manager.”" on the Skullgirls website?

Seems like he's a designer and one held in pretty high regard by Reverge if he's leading their next project, in addition to being "Community Manager" which is not really "some random PR guy" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Top of this page, a string of posts talk about pad controls. Maybe it's not specifically iPad.

The guys talking about pads are referring to what you probably know better as controllers, not iPads.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

I remember back on SRK somebody started a huge argument about how character health provided depth and variety and was actually a legitimate balancing mechanism.

I responded with, "By your logic, Dark Phoenix should be the worst character in the game (with the lowest health and it constantly draining) and Thor should be the best character in the game." Before Ultimate came out.

Did someone seriously argue that varying health is great for balance and then go on to claim high health characters are automatically good while low health ones are automatically bad? Or did your response make as little sense as it seems to without having read the posts in question?

I'm not personally that attached to varying health as a balance mechanic and true enough it often doesn't work out exactly as planned but that's so obviously not at all what the logic behind it is that I'm really confused by your post.

• Locked thread