Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Jimson posted:

If you can show me one female character in a fighting game who isn't somehow overly sexualized you deserve a gold medal.

Skullgirls looks pretty good. I'm by no means a good fighting game player but I do like to watch EVO and I'm good enough to understand what's going on in the fights but not good enough to pull that stuff off myself. If Soul Calibur 5 is going to be at EVO they should put Skullgirls on the main stage too. Also, hopefully the online community sticks around for this game, usually the multiplayer communities for downloadable games dies out real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Brosnan posted:

Jamcrofts, I love you, but the woman slurring that obnoxious "laaaa-la-la-la-la-laaa" over that track is awful. I don't play fighting games for the music, but I don't think it's such a high bar to ask for some that's at least not distractingly bad. Like I said, MvC2's music is pretty inappropriate for a lot of the same reasons, but at least there's some cute jazz drumming and stuff to keep it active.

You're gonna get taken for a ride.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
There was a pretty good Valentine too, didn't get a pic

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm getting this on the PSN because I have no stick and the 360 controller is terrible for fightin.

Add MSX6800 if you want to play a scrub.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Feenix posted:

I may get boo'ed off the stage here but is anyone else playing with Stock controllers?

I've owned peripherals in the past. Dj decks, Move controllers, even sticks. But I just don't the money (or the space. I live in a Studio with my wife and my dog.) I'm hoping this game is at least "Casually-playable" with the DS3.
v:)v

I'm using a PS3 pad and regretting it. It's awkward and hard to use even after setting it up somewhat comfortably. Don't wanna spend out for a stick for just one game I'm not gonna be playing competitively anyway.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Having the characters appear over the text in the tutorial is a weird design decision. I don't know what moves I'm supposed to do unless I try and get my opponent out of the way.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I have a question about Cerabella's cHP jLP jHK cLK sMK sF+HP in the tutorial. I can do all of that up to the final sF+HP which doesn't get checked off on the list. Do I do it as fast as I can or am I supposed to delay it?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Jmcrofts posted:

Make sure you do forward+hp and not standing HP. And not qcf+hp.

I am, she even says Titan Knuckle when she punches. It just doesn't check it off on the list.

edit: Oh I see what I was doing wrong, I was supposed to hit the opponent while she was in the air. I was a little too slow.

Overbite fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 10, 2012

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like how they put all these references to other games in Skullgirls, like how the last boss is a reference to SNK bosses. Really annoying to fight, especially with Cerabella seeing as how she's immune to grabs which means her super move is pointless.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I found out the final boss is kind of easy as Cerebella when for her first form you mash jLP and her second and third form just mash cHP, blocking when you need to.

Also why is it that when I look at the lobby list only 1 or 2 games are up? Why isn't anyone playing? :(

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Where can I get the move list? Skullgirls.com isn't working. Maybe it's getting hammered?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Twistedkidneys posted:

How has everyone's luck been on getting decent connections on PSN with this?
The only game I can play reasonably smoothly online is 3S and so far, that doesn't seem to be the case here. Everyone I've played has had a terrible connection, even with keeping the region the same. Am I alone in this?

I've had plenty of smooth games. I joined a guys game in Japan and it was slow but other than that one it has been fine. The biggest problem I've had is actually finding people playing it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I didn't think I would like Filia because she seems like the Ryu of the game but she's pretty good. I like how I can combo Hairball into Gregor Samson into Hairball into Gregor Samson and no one does anything about it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't know why I laughed hard at this

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I Need an expert opinion on having George at the Air Show as Peacocks assist. So far it's been doing me favors and people don't expect it when they try and jump in at me but I have no idea if I'm missing some big disadvantage to it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'd rather have Cerebella's hat instead of the Leviathan.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'd much rather have characters that play cool instead of look cool because I'm cool :cool:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

horriblePencilist posted:

It would have been nice to have a charging meter in the Training mode, kind of like the hit-and blockstun meter. Once it gets full, it flashes and you can use your charge move.

Yeah. The reason I never play charge characters is because I can never tell how long I'm supposed to charge for and I always end up doing it longer than I need to.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Scyantha is the only interesting character to vote for i don't know why people are upset she's getting voted for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Out of the final four Eliza was the best choice so yay.

Next up, we get Scythana to the top!

• Locked thread