Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm gonna break out the 360 again to play this game. It's been a long time since I used the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So what references are there so far in terms of character colors? Cirno(Touhou) Peacock, Hatsune Miku(Vocaloid) Filia, Battletoads Cerebella, I know I saw at least two others. Princess Peach Parasoul, I think was one of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZackHoagie posted:

No but this totally is.

God drat even their parodies get it right.
It would be funnier if they actually made it as a downloadable game. Having sprites done by Paul Robertson would be basically The Best Thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think my favorite Cerebella move is the "EXCELLEEEENT!" while throwing up the horns with the rough, jagged art style for that specific animation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Countblanc posted:

Some of them are kinda weird ("Umbrella" being the big one) but I think most of them are just cute and punny.
I'm guessing it has something to do with umbra, but "Umbralla" would be even weirder.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why does it say those pictures were taken February 2004? Is that because of the camera's date when the picture was taken or something, and not the upload date?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Skullgirls isn't at PAX East at all, right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Saw a Cerebella at PAXE with what amounted to a gigantic cheeto on her head.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there going to be a new thread, or just a title change to this one to signify it's released?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AxeManiac posted:

Is the op still active? This is a good first post, we can repost it and close this one, but we normally leave them open and roll it into the post game release talk. It's fun to see the wave of game talk go up and down before and after a release usually.
That's true. I guess I've just seen enough "beta" threads start over whenever the game/show/program goes public to expect this one to do the same. I also didn't realize this thread actually wasn't that old, I forgot they restarted it in early January already.

It would be good to say it's out now somehow in the title, though.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 10, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't wait to see the list of referential palette options for each character.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy smokes, I can finally play Skullgirls on Steam. I got the beta and...

...took like 20 minutes to pull off the tutorial LK MK LP HP -> JLK JMK JHP -> Airball -> Gregor Samson combo. :negative:

It's been a loooooong time since Street Fighter 2, man. Hard to learn a fighting game using the 360 controller.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I wanted to try online and see what it would be like after I did the Cerebella tutorial a couple times, and my very first match was against a Squigly/Ms. Fortune guy who clearly knew what he was doing. I think he got a 60 hit combo on me at one point. I tried another round and got matched up against an equally-incompetent Squigly player, and managed to pull off some decent combos, tense match, good fun, etc.

The next twelve or so times I was matched up against the Squigly/Fortune guy. I hear throwing matches is gauche in the fighting game scene, but man, it sucks getting repeatedly matched up against the same dude who is totally out of your league over and over again. He started just letting me hit him which is a bummer.

Also, is there a tutorial mode where it just puts inputs on screen, in the background or something, for total scrubs(me) who forget special move inputs the moment they're out of the tutorial so we can just force ourselves into remembering moves through repetition, but also having easy access to said commands without having to look at the list in the pause menu?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arzachel posted:

There was a cool link in the general fighting game thread a while a go, but in short, if you struggle to remember your moves, you're not going to pull them off when you need to and adding in the time to look them up is just going to make it worse.

Instead, try limiting yourself to just five or so moves until feel more confident. An anti-air, a jab with good range, a meaty to follow up, a throw maybe? Dunno, haven't gotten to play yet, so I can't suggest the exact moves to use.

Yeah, I've stuck with the various charges, the jump-catch, titan fist, basic throws, and the launcher followed by jump attacks, and that worked well until I ran into a black-and-white peacock who was lagging like a motherfucker and kicked my rear end because every time I went to make a move he'd lag out of it and counter it. His ping wasn't bad, either, weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As I went from left to right, I was like "fits, fits, fits, doesn't really fit, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

• Locked thread