Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My favorite Skullgirl is the one made specifically to masturbate over, she fits extremely well with my basement decor and Cheeto-themed furniture.

In all seriousness, I think I'd want to play the game a lot more if it wasn't as ridiculous as it seems based on those character profiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

big duck equals goose posted:

This is my problem too. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fighting game and I'm sure the mechanics are really fun and all that, but really, who enjoys watching pantry shots every five seconds and a cast of all hip anime women with gigantic tits? I can understand if you are a five hundred pound virgin with autism, but with MVC3 I can be like "Oh poo poo! (Insert random hero here)?! I ALWAYS wanted to see him/her fight!"

With this game, I think I would just stare at the character select screen and think "Mmm... I wonder which Skullgirl is the least embarrassing to play with."

It's not even an issue of "I don't want to play a woman" or something stupid like that, I'd be perfectly fine with any of these characters if the focus weren't on their T&A. It's just that their portrayal and the way they're treated weirds me out, and I don't want my fighter to be 99% panty shots. Variety is the spice of life, dammit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

big duck equals goose posted:

Mmm? I wasn't saying that having an all female fighting cast is bad.

Nor am I, just that the panty shot stuff is the video game equivalent to eating a whole can of cinnamon.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gamest Mook posted:

Oh please, it's at least as valid as story discussion which I'm sure you'll begrudgingly tolerate.

Except that the thread is specifically for harboring the discussions. It's easier to manage.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cat Machine posted:

But so often it's simply used as a launchpad to talking about sexism in fighting games and video games in general. It very rarely focuses on the game itself. Every time this debate has erupted, people almost immediately go off topic and start personally attacking each other/accusing each other of being paedophiles.

That last one's only a problem if you don't believe that everyone is a pedophile. Because they are. Everyone is. Even your mother. Even you. But not me. I'm not. Cause I'm the only not-crazy one. I'm not crazy. Why are you calling me crazy? I'm not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I will say that between the characters' personalities and the fact that it seems to give a drat about newbies in fighting, this might be the first fighter I actually pick up.

• Locked thread