Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«192 »
Son of Thunderbeast
Apr 11, 2006

Fanny can do anything.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, wrong thread, nothing to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Anyone have a link/number to the SCP that was, I think, a pair of glasses that showed we were surrounded and observed by these huge, horrible monsters and the longer you wore those glasses, the closer they came to you, culminating in you getting killed/eaten by them.

Davethehedgehog
Jun 7, 2003
Choose me, I am warm!

KozmoNaut posted:

SCP-1045 is pretty good, I think. Read it all the way to the end.

I liked this one, it was clever. You're right about reading until the end.

scalded schlong
Sep 20, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Anyone have a link/number to the SCP that was, I think, a pair of glasses that showed we were surrounded and observed by these huge, horrible monsters and the longer you wore those glasses, the closer they came to you, culminating in you getting killed/eaten by them.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-178

Not quite how you remember it, but I think this is the one you're on about. You get killed gruesomely if you interact with the watchers, but otherwise they just sort of leave you alone.

There's one sitting on your bed, by the way. Just by the pillows. And there's another one by your window.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Action Yak Police posted:

Ahaha. I don't think I can find that spooky anymore.

HogX
Aug 16, 2008

Penguingo posted:

Not quite how you remember it, but I think this is the one you're on about. You get killed gruesomely if you interact with the watchers, but otherwise they just sort of leave you alone.

There's one sitting on your bed, by the way. Just by the pillows. And there's another one by your window.

I've never seen that one, it's pretty good!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Penguingo posted:

That's the one, thanks. Honestly, this type of SCP is my favorite because they reveal horrible things that interact with us without our knowledge, and I always like a good test/experiment log.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Now I wanna make one about the sunglasses from THEY LIVE.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

Our future is at stake.

Rough Lobster posted:

Now I wanna make one about the sunglasses from THEY LIVE.

They tend to frown on SCPs being lifted directly from media, especially in this case: there are already a Glasses That Let You See Stuff

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

What is the SCP again that's clearly inspired by that fungus that infects ants and makes them climb up and up and then explode? I want to read that one again.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

Our future is at stake.

Iced Cocoa posted:

What is the SCP again that's clearly inspired by that fungus that infects ants and makes them climb up and up and then explode? I want to read that one again.

It's not an SCP, I think the name of the story is Up.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.

Penguingo posted:

I love this one. Such a case of blue balls on the pending test, though.

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played.

Anyone know the SCP where a group of researchers have to navigate a stone crypt/stairwell and at the bottom are faceless beings (who do horrible stuff to whoever finds them) waiting for them? creeped me out first time reading it, one of my favs

Wedemeyer
May 2, 2008
I steal other peoples food and am a twat

Sokoban posted:

Anyone know the SCP where a group of researchers have to navigate a stone crypt/stairwell and at the bottom are faceless beings (who do horrible stuff to whoever finds them) waiting for them? creeped me out first time reading it, one of my favs

Are you mixing The Stairwell with the Labyrinth SCPs? Actually, why are there two labyrinth SCPs?

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-167
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-648

I thought there was a longer exploration type log thing for a labyrinth entry?

whitey delenda est
Sep 14, 2008

Oh pirates yes they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships

Penguingo posted:

Wasn't this the plot to one of the more horrible TNG cast Star Trek movies?

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Wedemeyer posted:

Are you mixing The Stairwell with the Labyrinth SCPs? Actually, why are there two labyrinth SCPs?

There's actually three labyrinths. The other one is a filing cabinet that has a bunch of rusty hallways inside of it. There's also a House of Leaves reference and a Minotaur.

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played.

Wedemeyer posted:

It's hard to remember clearly, defiantly an exploration story but it began with a research team who find a stone structure and one by one succumb to these 'beings' who sit around a central room and they die typically gruesome deaths.

There's a picture with the scp as well of the entrance to the crypt/vault thing I think. It's none of the above

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

Nothin' but lint.

fleshy echidna posted:

Killing The Enemies And His Family Too, By Captain Dmitri Arkadeyevich Strelnikovov

By far my favorite scp article, I mean what can I say? The captain is just such an agreeable guy. VV

I can't but help to read this to myself in the voice of Strong Bad.

Edged Hymn
Feb 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sokoban posted:

It's hard to remember clearly, defiantly an exploration story but it began with a research team who find a stone structure and one by one succumb to these 'beings' who sit around a central room and they die typically gruesome deaths.

There's a picture with the scp as well of the entrance to the crypt/vault thing I think. It's none of the above

I know exactly what you're talking about. Something about whitish beings seated in a circular chamber judging victims for unspecified transgressions. I don't know, but it was cool.

Edged Hymn fucked around with this message at Jan 10, 2012 around 23:16

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Edged Hymn posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about. Something about whitish beings seated in a circular chamber judging victims for unspecified transgressions. I don't know, but it was cool.

Maybe 296?
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-296

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

I want to bring up possibly my single favorite SCP, even if it may only be because of the Gordon Richards log.

The Architect
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-184

Personal Log of Gordon Richards posted:

Im not feeling well. I feel really disconnected here, like an astronaut or something. Its not like other areas Ive been in. Never felt so alone. Im fine, I know that. Its Henry dying, the whole rotten city outside, and me being alone and able to think too much. Rats are tested for mental stability, and I passed with flying colors. Its just my nerves. Im sitting on a chair made of thousands of tiny dragon statues, writing on a table made of super-dense paper, and I am fine.

I seriously have to applaud Dr. Gears for that one.

saberwulf fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2012 around 02:31

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

I Love SCP, I read it everyday, blah blah blah.

I love 583. The description of the tape's contents are really creepy in my mind's eye, plus the end result just begs for an experiment log.

Also, I've wanted to know if someone took the time to count how many D-class personnel and staff have been killed in all of the entries, and tales. Just a curiosity that would hopefully put an end to the whole "Too many class Ds just dieing everywhere" debate.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

Does anyone have the scp were it's an entire society following guidelines that are so perfect that the possibility of the society itself expanding is a risk to humankind in general?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOONS!

I read an SCP during the last thread that absolutely gave me the chills. It was this weird lanky dude, who whenever you looked at a photo of or a video feed of, he'd break out of containment to where you were for the sole purpose of loving your poo poo up. I thought it was pretty terrifying because of how, if you look at him, there's the time it takes for him to get to you, where you get to think about dying, and absolutely nothing can stop him or save you.

Does anyone have a link to it?

e: VVV Yes, that's exactly it, thank you!

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2012 around 03:52

Willheim Wordsworth
Dec 29, 2008

The Shy Guy? That's one of the most well-written ones imo.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-096

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

الله أكبر

Action Yak Police posted:

In fact, the face paint on that thing looks vaguely familiar to me...

Thanks, now I'm going to be stuck trying to figure out what other SCPs fit the Homestar Runner cast.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

anger issues

I really think that SCP would be much, much better if someone just went ahead and erased Kain Pathos Crow from the site.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Slanderer posted:

I really think that SCP would be much, much better if someone just went ahead and erased Kain Pathos Crow from the site.

Oh god, don't get me started on that motherfucker. He's the dumb motherfucker who wrote Cain and Able. Even his name is horrendously terrible name. I mean the guy's also done some decent entries (035 for example) sure, but yeah, Able.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOONS!

saberwulf posted:

Oh god, don't get me started on that motherfucker. He's the dumb motherfucker who wrote Cain and Able. Even his name is horrendously terrible name. I mean the guy's also done some decent entries (035 for example) sure, but yeah, Able.

Ugh, Able. However, you should probably give that article a re-read. They've cleaned up a lot of the anime stuff, and now he's just a guy who keeps coming alive and slaughtering guards. Not some super-secret agent who has a chainsaw-sword and can fight 682 to a stalemate.

They even put this at the head of the article.

SCP-076 posted:

I have to go on record as saying that I seriously object to the proposed revisions of the SCP-076 Special Containment Procedures File. I know that Redact All Important Stuff Already claims it's a security risk, but you and I both know it's just top brass trying to sweep their biggest and most embarrassing mistake ever under the drat rug. Omega-Seven happened. It existed. Those people died because you screwed up, and you can't change that, no matter how hard you try to hide it.

For God's sake, man, those people guarding him deserve to know exactly what he is and what he did. What WE did. How we hosed up, so they'll know better.

It's not very subtle.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

anger issues

saberwulf posted:

Let's examine another one of his masterpieces, though:

SCP-040

*Focuses on a young girl of "indeterminate age"...well, okay, but by itself that's not too

*And who has pink hair. Well then.
*And eyes of different color (I dunno, someone liked Cowboy Bebop too much?)
*Magical living clothing. That is all powerful and indestructible and psychic.

That's not even mentioning the Olympia Project

Just burn it all down, jesus loving christ.

Nombres
Jul 16, 2009

Jesus Christ, anime ruins everything.

And what the hell is with that name?

I like SCP and I'm glad this thread exposed me to it, but the community seems worse and worse.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

الله أكبر

Don't forget how he turned into a dog for no drat reason.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

They seem pretty good at policing themselves. Most of the anime bullshit has been there for a long time and toned down. Nowadays, mary sues don't make it in.

There's still quite alot of bullshit about superpowered researchers, but hey, it's fanfiction. I might start a Doctor Normal or something, who barely escapes from the tests and spends week in the hospital after having his arm broken.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Slanderer posted:

Let's examine another one of his masterpieces, though:

SCP-040

*Focuses on a young girl of "indeterminate age"...well, okay, but by itself that's not too

*And who has pink hair. Well then.
*And eyes of different color (I dunno, someone liked Cowboy Bebop too much?)
*Magical living clothing. That is all powerful and indestructible and psychic.

That's not even mentioning the Olympia Project

Just burn it all down, jesus loving christ.

I'll have you know Cowboy Bebop has nothing to do with weird, creepy, pink haired anime girls who Kain probably wants to gently caress good sir.

But seriously, gently caress KPC and 90% percent of the articles he writes. I hope Bright "accidentally" gets transferred into 040 one day and snaps her neck. As for Olympia Project

"Hey guys so I just watched this totally awesome episode of Full Metal Alchemist"

Seriously, it even has the killing a bunch of people for one person thing.

Nombres posted:

Jesus Christ, anime ruins everything.

And what the hell is with that name?

I like SCP and I'm glad this thread exposed me to it, but the community seems worse and worse.

There are some lovely people, yeah, but there are also some really fantastic writers. One of them (forum user Parahexavoctal), who might actually be Bright, posted a few times in the old thread, and even he thinks there's some real poo poo people there. I happened to hire him to edit a non-SCP short story I wrote*, and holy poo poo does that man know how to write. He's really a great guy.

(*He has a thread here if you want to check him out. The way he works is simply incredible.)

Mattslox
Jan 11, 2004

LIVE IN TREATMENT OK?

fleshy echidna posted:

Killing The Enemies And His Family Too, By Captain Dmitri Arkadeyevich Strelnikovov

By far my favorite scp article, I mean what can I say? The captain is just such an agreeable guy. VV

This is amazing, and I imagined the whole thing as being spoken by Borat.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Just as 173 is a proto-Weeping Angel, Agent Strelnikov is Medium Weapons Guy.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

On a whim I clicked on the "most recently created entries" button and found this interesting series.

* Conversation 1: Omnicron
* Conversation 2: Numberless
* Conversation 3: Decomissioning

Pretty interesting story about a secret "numberless" SCP that supposedly reverses entropy but turns out to be much more than that. I thought it was pretty cool.

Also: is there an SCP entry for a device or something that extradimensionally "flips" a person, so that from an outsider perspective they seem to have switch handedness (i.e. they were right-handed but after being flipped are now left handed), but from their perspective the whole world has been flipped around them? I've had that particular idea stuck in my head for a while, and I can't remember if it's an SCP entry I read or something I read somewhere else...

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

If it is from SCP, it would actually make a pretty good read.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

how i wonder what you are

I tend to keep to the SCP articles to do with places or exploration. Machines are good too. When there's a humanoid tag in there it dramatically increases the possibility that the article is garbage imo, though I'm sure there are exceptions I can only read so many articles and I'd like them to be good.

There's one really bad one that I ran into when I found the site from the last thread, where a facility was built in some remote location where a woman was imprisoned and she had to be raped every day by D-classes with criminal records for sexual assault and the story ended with some note about how it was all for the sake of saving the world or some poo poo. It was loving awful, and after reading that I pretty much stopped reading the site for a while. It went into a lot of detail on the setup of the facility to the point where it felt like I was reading someone's carefully orchestrated perpetual surprise sex room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Boneitis posted:

If it is from SCP, it would actually make a pretty good read.

That's what I was thinking; if it's not already an SCP entry, maybe I'd take a crack at writing it. Then again, I'm half-afraid that if it's not an SCP entry already, that means I probably got the idea from some random sci-fi story, so it's be horribly unoriginal anyway.

«192 »