Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

c355n4 posted:

I hope this wasn't mentioned already; but, someone made a game based on one of SCP-087.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...087/#more-95313

I'm a pussy and quit after 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

a foolish pianist posted:

That one, 835, has a really strong element of body horror to it that works very well. It's also been around for ages, and I think it's one of the examples of a good SCP. Different tastes, I guess.

It is, bar none, my least favorite SCP for a variety reasons (1: It survives mainly on its gimmick, 2: It's trying way too hard, 3: it reads like really bad fetish fiction). If I had the opportunity to remove one SCP from the series, it'd be either that, Abel, or 682.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

PaleFigure posted:

I fell behind reading this thread and skipped a fair few pages, so I hope we haven't stopped suggesting SCP ideas without being arsed to write them ourselves.

A Safe-Class item (going by the Foundation's own definition, at least) that is a red plastic ice-cube tray.
If filled with water and put into any freezer, the water freezes normally into cubes with no adverse effect. Once removed from a sub-zero environment however, whoever filled the tray experiences a converse thermal reaction to the contained cubes.
In laymans terms, as the ice cubes absorb heat and begin to melt, all water in the victim's body begins to chill and, eventually, freeze. This process continues until all cubes have entirely melted, and the victim has frozen solid (which is obviously fatal). At this point the tray/water loses it's thermal synchronisation with the victim and any attempts to change the temperature of either the melted cubes or the victim cause no inverse or related effect to the other object.

On one experiment, as the cubes begin to melt and the victim begins going into hypothermia (but while they are still alive), the tray is put back into the freezer. This does indeed reverse the chilling process for the victim but, as the cubes in the tray re-freeze, the water in the victim's body boils and evaporates.

Man, I'd still classify that as Euclid.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

IUG posted:

Fatmonger?

Fishmonger.