Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
What's a good cheap synth for making the kind of rounded plucks that are so common in progressive house? Sylenth makes some really good sounds but it's a bit on the pricey end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Never was able to get it to work on OS X

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Do you have AIM by any chance? And I mostly stick to Massive, I play around in others a bit but Massive is awesomely powerful and I want to learn it first.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

So I've been using Diva for about a month now, and it has infiltrated all my current projects - some with as many as 8 instances; running fine and dandy on my aging E8500 in cubase. I dont use the divine setting, but that gets done in offline rendering anyway automatically (if you specify)

Very glad I picked this up, and it is quickly becoming my #1 workhorse. This combined with my nebula addiction; I have all the emulated analog mojo I need!

My copy of it from the beta period still works fine. If I understood synths better Diva would definitely be my next purchase.

I just bit the bullet and got Razor and my god does that thing makes some amazing sounds, but I have no idea how to save my own patches and from what I understand it's kind of designed that way which for the money sucks a loving dick.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Can anyone recommend a good free VST that does 303 or in general acid-y sounds well?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Has anyone here played with 2caudio's Aether? I'm not in the market for actually spending money right now so it'd be a ways off for me, but I'm looking for some really good reverb and I'm finding guitar rig pretty limited and Live's built-in reverb isn't that great.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Holy poo poo I've been looking for something like that. Holy poo poo 150 loving pounds.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Last time I played that game I ended up with a TB-303.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Eh, I mean I get the attitude if a company has a habit of putting out great stuff. U-He isn't exactly a gamble when it comes to quality.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Can anyone recommend a free bitcrusher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Isn't that just a demo of a paid VST?