Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I saw a lot of deserved pimping in this thread for Alchemy, but I'd like to add CamelPhat and CamelSpace as two great little plug-ins from CamelAudio. I have FXpansion's Etch and Maul, too, but the CamelAudio plugins have more presets and are just easier to mess around with and get interesting results quickly, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Battery 4 is the reason I want to upgrade. Battery is the only program I consistently use from Komplete - in fact I bought it standalone before I ever bought Komplete.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I bought DIVA at a discount as a paid beta. I don't think my IQ dropped any points because I did so. In fact I didn't even use it for months anyway because I was waiting for the 64-bit version. So I got a synth I wanted from a company whose quality I trusted - at a discount.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Also, FXpansion is offering half price this month on all their expansion libraries, including DCAM Synth Squad, BFD, BFD2, etc.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I went for this, but the download link in the email, despite me selecting the windows version, and despite the email saying it's for windows, links me to the OSX mountable DMG image :(

(the only things in this house that boot OSX are my wife's ancient macbook and a tiny partition on my dell laptop that's not nearly large enough to have a DAW and VSTs installed on it)

edit: it allows you to resubmit multiple times from the same email - submitting a second time produced another download link, also labeled windows, but that actually links to the windows version this time...

Yeah, I tried to get the Mac one last night, and got the Windows download to something else instead. I'll try again tonight.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Since we were talking Spectral Analyzers earlier, MeldaProduction is having a half-off sale on its MMultiAnalyzer for 29 Euros / 39 Dollars during the month of February. It supposedly combines a spectrum analyzer, sonogram, and "collision" and "loudness" analysis. I have no experience with their products but it looks interesting.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I just bought it. I use Battery, and edit through Cubase's drum maps, but I find Battery fiddly and the non-standardized layout of kits annoying. I already like and use other FXpansion products, so I went for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

0dB posted:

Camel Audio has died. If you own Camel Phat , Alchemy etc. you should get a back up from them, as they will shut down by mid year.

Boo. I'd noticed that I hadn't gotten any email about new soundsets lately, but I've got a lot going on so I didn't think about it.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

WorldWarWonderful posted:

Did anyone buy anything this year or did you find the deals a little lackluster? I was hoping to score a cheaper upgrade to Reaktor 6, or nab Plogue's stuff on sale, but no dice. I already have the Arturia Collection (although not the current edition), most of UVI's stuff and the core NI VSTs so there's not a heck of a lot left to get unless I want to get something more esoteric.

I did pick up Rytmick Ultimate for my 3DS and it's fun to play around with.

FXpansion is offering 50% off a number of items. I may pick up Tremor just because...

https://www.fxpansion.com/

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Hmm - with all this Wavestation love, I should mention I have a Wavestation A/D (the rack-mounted version) tucked away in my closet for years now. If anyone is interested, PM me with an offer. I understand why a VST version would be preferable, though.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
If you're like me and have at least one U-he product, you got an announcement today about the release of their new synth Repro-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQST401uYM

Sounds pretty sweet and is only $99.

They mention it's been 5 years since DIVA was released, and so I now feel even older....

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

wayfinder posted:

Stupid aside, why is it "and I" and not "and me"?

Actually, it should be "mine"...

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
There's a pea under my mattress!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Radiapathy posted:

my dudes, what are y'all using for trance gate effects?

i used to use CamelAudio's CamelSpace (which I still technically have a registered copy of, but don't wish to mess with it since it's unsupported and I think there were weird activation instructions once they sold off to Apple), and most recently I used the trancegate plugin from the Vengeance Producer Suite. it gets the job done i guess, but i would like something with a couple more tweakable parameters.

the project i'm working on now I'm trying to do entirely with Cubase 9.5 bundled effects/instruments + a handful of Komplete instruments. trying to see if a very stripped-down setup makes me more productive. but there is no trance gate effect across Cubase/Komplete as far as I know, so I'm willing to bend the rules for that.

SPC Plugins' Gater-Pro

The more basic version, Gater, is free.

But I'm still using a Mac running High Sierra (OS 13) - it doesn't work on Mojave (OS 14) or Catalina (OS15). It supposedly works fine on Windows XP or newer.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Splinter posted:

A lot of this though (e.g. pricing high to make the sales seem good) isn't really specific to these mentioned companies or even the music production industry. It's a pretty common practice across many industries, not even just software based. Not loving around with pricing for sales is more of the exception, e.g. Valhalla.

U-he is consistent as well.

I hate subscription-based pricing. Subscriptions only make sense for professionals. I'm not a professional musician. I dropped Adobe as soon as they made the change for all their software because I'm not a professional designer. If one of these plug-in companies makes me pay a subscription, I'm dropping them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I finally upgraded my old iMac with a Mac Studio a few weeks ago. Paid to upgrade my half-dozen or so Waves products.

Now this. I wouldn't have paid the money if I knew this was coming. I'm already annoyed how many of my plug-ins were rendered useless with the OS and chip upgrade. Ah well - it's not like I've been making music anyway, and this great purge allows me to concentrate on a smaller variety of tools, I guess....