Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Bananalogue posted:

What is it about KVR and insufferable arrogant dickheads?

GearSlutz can't hold them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
One guy I know was given an upgrade from V3 to V4 for $99. Thing is, I have the same V3 and ain't a word about it anywhere on the Arturia site.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I just checked and it says 399€ until I click "Buy", after which it turns into 99€ (being logged in, of course).

Yeah they're "looking into it for me". Sales guy is talking to Web guy. You'd think Sales guy could just push a button. :(

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Camel Audio has died. If you own Camel Phat , Alchemy etc. you should get a back up from them, as they will shut down by mid year.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

I was actually planning on getting some of their sound sets in a month or two so this kind of sucks.

Hopefully those sound sets will still be available after the dust settles and if not then at least letting people buy them for the next few months instead of just closing shop would been a hell of a lot better.

You'll most likely get them with the next version of Apple Logic.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Earwicker posted:

well it's still fundamentally intended to do what a DAW does which is manipulate, mix, and edit digital audio.

Audition is an adjunct to Première and After Effects, and all the fiddling around under the hood is about making it work better with those guys.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Using Paulstretch is a big no no in the 'serious drone fraternity' apparently. But it's really excellent for making nice looping samples with clean pitch. Just about anything sounds like clever synthesis.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

wayfinder posted:

Recognizable paulstretch is seen by some as low-effort or boring/one-trick-ponyish. :keke:

#PAULSTRETCHGATE

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

0dB posted:

You'll most likely get them with the next version of Apple Logic.

Goal! Goal for Australia!

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Radiapathy posted:

If we go purely by history, that would indicate a strong chance of Komplete 11 coming out this Fall,

With at least 20 identical sounding pianos.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Sizone posted:

Would I regret it if I only crossgraded to komplete 10 instead of komplete ultimate?

Well the little hard drive is BS for a start. It just goes and gets the upgrades online.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Er, yeah ... so that too. That was the point I'm making?

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Not really a VST, but Propellerhead's ReCycle is half price at the moment.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Brony Car posted:

How is Arturia for software support? I was thinking of treating myself to an Arturia V software pack.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VColl4-e

Or is this one of those things where I could find a bunch of free equivalents if I just set aside the time to shop around?

They are polite and get back to you but still took a while to untangle why my V3 to V4 upgrade hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
The new organs have all kinds of interesting tweaks to them (the Farfisa has additive synthesis), the Piano is physically modeled and quite nice. Apparently they have upgraded the sound engine with some circuit modelling but haven't really tested that yet. Moog modular is actually usable now (can see what you are doing). Good upgrade.