Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I guess people on macs dont get to play huh :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I've used that GVST delay in several commercial projects. Its a nice pack, sort of like the mda pack with better skinning, but it doesnt have a signal/tone generator which sucks.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Its a great way to test monitors and to pinpoint possible acoustic issues in your enviroment. if when you play music you hear something buzzing or shaking/rattling, you can use the sinewave thing in mda to figure out at which frequency resonates, and since theres only that one sine making noise it gets a little easier to figure out where it is. not something that will always be usefull I admit, but I have needed it on more than one occasion.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Are all the sounds and whatever contained in the USB drive? I could see that being a long term benefit.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Ohmicide is crazy as hell. Completely nuts.

This however http://www.soundtoys.com/product/Decapitator is now my go to crank dial make angry effect.

D16 Decimort has taken over bit fuckerupper duties as well.

Will have to look into StereoTool however.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

I have found none better for severely loving up both samples and generated waveforms. (Or both, together)

It singlehandedly transformed me from a presetwhore to a sound designer!

Generous demo as well, give it a go.

edit: Dont be fooled by the soundlibrary - it can do so much more than traditional Romplers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuAYMv5tpL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOYSZdGuUc

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 26, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Yeah its what I reach for EVERY TIME I want something unique. with 16 LFO's/ADSR/Sequencers etc its hard to run out of options.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I bought U-He Diva!

Have used it in a few releases already, still trying to figure it out somewhat. Holy poo poo does it ever eat CPU!

It does sound very very nice though - it can be both very juno'ish or moog'ish. Will report back in a few weeks when I've learned it a little better.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
synth1?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
So I've been using Diva for about a month now, and it has infiltrated all my current projects - some with as many as 8 instances; running fine and dandy on my aging E8500 in cubase. I dont use the divine setting, but that gets done in offline rendering anyway automatically (if you specify)

Very glad I picked this up, and it is quickly becoming my #1 workhorse. This combined with my nebula addiction; I have all the emulated analog mojo I need!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Variable. If you read my post, theres that end - on the other; there are single patches that kill my CPU instantly in divine mode.

I dont really give a gently caress all of my output goes to audiotracks as soon as possible

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

My copy of it from the beta period still works fine. If I understood synths better Diva would definitely be my next purchase.

The full version does come with a very healthy preset collection. Among these, a large bank of classic jupiter and juno sounds.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Oh cool, my DS-1 broke

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Not so sure about that "unlike anything else" part. Looks an awful lot like alchemy to me!

We shall see though - yes, we shall!!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
atleast the UI is pretty huh

edit: I'm sorry to go on and on about Diva - but I just got a Roland SH-01 Gaia, and that only made it more clear how amazing it actually sounds.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
The demo yes. I believe I uninstalled it after around 15 minutes. I really saw no reason to keep it, or buy it for that matter.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
It was more of a "I already have things that does this better" kind of thing for me. And it wasnt fun to use, which is somewhat important.

But yes, definitely narrow down, its a good idea. Once I get a new interface I'm considering a Blofeld, and I think I'll be set for a good while as well.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Buy alchemy and a zoom H4N and the world is literally your instrument!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Its not a waste of money!

Mine doesnt see much use these days, but I did record pretty much non stop for 3 weeks when i first got it - built up a decent library of sounds.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

I'm leaning heavily on this lately. Its fantastic for getting rid of redundant high/low frequencies and for gainstaging your poo poo.

It also does a pretty nice job at smooth distortion. If Decapacitator feels like a meat axe sometimes, this would be the butterknife!

edit: Also the price is most definitively right.

edit2: the cpuload is something from which dreams are made. Used on every track? Hardly a dent.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 29, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Mr Jaunts posted:

there's really no reason not to have it.

One reason would be streamlining your plugin collection. Amassing large quantities will eventually get counter-productive in a fairly major way.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

HollisBrown posted:

I really would pay the money for that one but alas I' m a Pro Tooler and they don't make an RTAS version. Can get a "RTAS up to your rear end" thread?

What about VCC? http://www.slatedigital.com/vcc.php

Its abit pricier for SURE, but atleast you have the option, and the folks over at gearslutz seem to be falling over themselves to praise this (and other slate items)

edit: Theres also this but I frankly find it HILARIOUSLY overpriced and more than a little outdated when you consider recent developments from slate and Acustica Audio's Nebula etc...

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 4, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Besides Cubase's Reverence I havent used anything BUT Eos and ValhallaRoom for over a year now? Its that good. (Well apart from the Nebula VNXT 140 plate program that swallows 90% of my E8500)

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Arturia seems to have dropped prices on all their softsynths now too. $99 for JP8 really isnt that bad. I just dropped 200 on nebula programs so I'll have to wait a while. Deffo gonna grab it though!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Its not entirely stable. And therefore useless to me.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Discord3 from audiodamage should be able to do that. Its a delay+pitchshift plugin but you may be able to disable the delay, to do what you want. It definitely has independent L/R pitch shift...

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
How many SSL buscomp emulations does the world really need? (I have like.. 5)

edit: might as well add a plugin

This is forever locked into my project template. Frequencies, pan, RMS, Peak. Numbers! Statistics!

Available from the T-racks singles pack from IK

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 5, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
native power pack, price is right. grab that if you need it. (I dont but I got the one knob free thingie)

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
valhallaroom 4 lyfe.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Jesus gently caress. Dave Gamble just upped the ante on the EQ front.

10 minutes with the demo and I am blown away. You get a really nice discount if you own Equality and log in as well.

I actually got really excited, over an EQ. What the gently caress is wrong with me...

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
yeah but you get to be all smug and superior to everyone else who does not have one. how can you put a price on that?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Also guys I almost forgot.. did you check out the drop yet?

same dude who made the glue

do I really need to say anything else

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Thats not full price. People are paying, by the hundreds.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Well... It works. I dont understand why you're complaining. The Glue went through exactly the same process - as did many others. Not only are they paying for a beta, they are actually helping him hunt down bugs. Imagine that.

edit: Did some research, the framework as you see is up, running and stable. As the beta is seeded he is busy building new filtermodels and adding them on the fly. Next up I believe is the SH-101 filter.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 1, 2013

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I've used it almost exclusively for 6 months now or so - and it is BY FAR the best instrument purchase I have ever done. It is splattered all over my tracks.

But I must say I find it strange you seem overwhelmed by it. Me an my producer friends always say we love it because a) it sounds better than anything else for what it does and b) the UI is simple and clear.

I saw that newsitem and was very excited as well.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

muckswirler posted:

Synthedit is awesome and you're awesome for building stuff with it.

Paid beta audio software is stupid as hell. It's not like there aren't a million other options that are just as good for the same price or less. Also they're finished and stable. When a recent patch note is 'fixed multiple instances causing crash', it doesn't inspire confidence. Actual tools need to work 100% of the time no questions asked. I'd rather use stock DAW plugins that I know are going to work than risk the vibe of a session by using something that's untested. You can't get vibe back.

It depends on how you use your rig and if people other than you depend on its stability, but why not either just buy something else that's complete or just wait?

Also, they integrated 'the glue' into Live. Ugh. It doesn't sound ANYTHING like a G or E series and it's grainy as heck. Please do not use it. Thanks.

Artifacts? really? Did you compare the normal version with the same material? How hard are you hitting it? To me it feels sketchy beyond -4-5 so I try to deploy a few of them doing different things on my drumbus. I will say that its not seen much use since the big breakthroughs in nebula compression in the last 6 months.

Is this thread ready for Nebula realtalk??

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Yeah I've never gotten that to work (no makeup) - I know its supposedly THE WAY to do it, but it could be like you said. Hard to do with ITB. I'll experiment some more with the nebula things though. They add a fair amount of saturation. this has alot of promise. Fat as all hell.

Suppose it could depend on the material, what you want from it.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
hahaha I love it!

Everything about this is great, especially the Slate backlash!

edit: except... if anyone here were murdered by deadlines, that definitely sucks

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Looks like its an application to migrate from their web based service. Like UAD I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Not a bad deal!

I got the voucher as well but I've got no clue what to use it on. There's nothing I really want from them...

I bought Alchemy (Camel Audio) last night (Got a free library too, nice!)

The new patch browser is awesome! (Think Omnisphere with more options)