Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
The app works now for me, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Techokami posted:

Small bug: ampersands in thread titles show up as & amp ; (without spaces), otherwise I am really liking this app! If you still need help with PM testing, I have plat myself.

Thanks for the bug report - will be fixed in the next release.

Private Messaging is done (the way SA edits folders is a mess!) and a beta will be out shortly so you guys can test it out. :) The majority of my time has been spent on building tests for the app's features. That way I can ensure that everything works as intended before I push to the marketplace. It's a long process!

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 12, 2012

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Thanks for the bug report -- will be fixed in the next release.

Private Messaging is done (the way SA edits folders is a mess!) and a beta will be out shortly so you guys can test it out. :) The majority of my time has been spent on building tests for the app's features. That way I can ensure that everything works as intended before I push to the marketplace. It's a long process!

Thank you for all the work you've put into this.

Techokami
Nov 13, 2007

For use only on NTSC Genesis Systems.

bootleg robot posted:

Thanks for the bug report -- will be fixed in the next release.

Excellent, thank you for your hard work :)

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Is anyone else having problems logging in on the app

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

joebuddah posted:

Is anyone else having problems logging in on the app

I thought it was just me. Redownloading and trying again doesn't help either.

FTJ
Mar 1, 2003

BTB's Monty Python pro-star!
Same issue here.

Otik
Apr 6, 2005

Psycho log baby
Here too.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

I do, too. Wonder if they changed the way you log in. Looking into it.

EDIT: Yup, they did. Fix incoming, hooray. Not that it would help in this matter, but I really wish the bastardized version of silverlight on WP7 would allow for the saving of cookies to disk.

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 9, 2012

Plague Skillet
Nov 10, 2003
No night is complete without the antics of an unwilling magic panda.
Same issue here. Look forward to the fix and love the app.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Same here; I truly regretted having to view the forums through the web browser. Like some sort of peasant. :colbert:

Also, Otik, what is your avatar from? It looks.... absurd.

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.

JerikTelorian posted:

Same here; I truly regretted having to view the forums through the web browser. Like some sort of peasant. :colbert:

Also, Otik, what is your avatar from? It looks.... absurd.

I can field this. Otesanek, also known as Little Otik or Greedy Guts by Jan Svankmajer. It's great.

Back to the topic at hand, I just got a windows phone and was so happy to find this only to have it stop working. Can't wait for it to come back! Good App Bootleg.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Sarinnanashi posted:

I can field this. Otesanek, also known as Little Otik or Greedy Guts by Jan Svankmajer. It's great.

Back to the topic at hand, I just got a windows phone and was so happy to find this only to have it stop working. Can't wait for it to come back! Good App Bootleg.

Thanks, guys.

The authentication issue was a bit tougher than I thought, so I had to step away from it for a bit. Two Irish Car Bombs later, I figured it out. :v: Even better, I can save the cookie data, so no more login screen after you successfully do it the first time!

Thanks for being patient!

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

bootleg robot posted:

...so no more login screen after you successfully do it the first time!...

:aaaaa:

That rules.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
The windows 7 phone update is on the way then? Looking foreword to it.

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.
I still can't sign on. When should the changes take effect?

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude! New to smartphones and still learning how things/updates work.

Sarinnanashi fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 13, 2012

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Sarinnanashi posted:

I still can't sign on. When should the changes take effect?

When the update comes through, I'd guess.

Wait patiently with the rest of us. :)

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

It'll be available for download when the marketplace accepts it.

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 12, 2012

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Test reply. Changes all around I see.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Any word on the fix for logging in?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any word on the fix for logging in?

Nope; when I get an email from MS I'll update the OP as well as make a new post here.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

This submission process is taking a lot longer than usual. It hasn't even been signed and encrypted yet (which is the next step after uploading the thing). I've submitted a ticket with Marketplace support to see what's taking so long.

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

Weird, even without an update I was just able to log in now.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

direspoon posted:

Same, still excited for new build finally remembering the cookie value & (hopefully) not having to go through the login step each time!

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

direspoon posted:

Perhaps the SA Sysadmins have finished tinkering with how users authenticate with the forums.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Login problems are back.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Disharmony posted:

Login problems are back.

The fix has been accepted by the marketplace and will be available tomorrow or Monday. It uses browser authentication, so hopefully this will allow us to login regardless of any updates to the forums.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

bootleg robot posted:

The fix has been accepted by the marketplace and will be available tomorrow or Monday. It uses browser authentication, so hopefully this will allow us to login regardless of any updates to the forums.

The update is live in the marketplace now. Maybe it's just me but I have a 1st gen phone and it feels like the scrolling behavior has improved (I don't have smooth scrolling on).

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My Titan just caught an update from the market and everything works again! Thanks!

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Captainsalami posted:

The app works now for me, thanks!

Ditto!

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE
I still have to log in every time the app starts :(

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
None of the poster's names are showing up for me.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

It's remembering my login but I still have a 5s wait (on wifi) before I see my bookmarks. Mostly it sits on the blue title screen with "Connected. Logging in". I thought the cookie was being saved so that wouldn't need to happen any more?

obeyasia posted:

None of the poster's names are showing up for me.

Also, this.

Tivac fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 29, 2012

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think the names are black on black.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Tivac posted:

It's remembering my login but I still have a 5s wait (on wifi) before I see my bookmarks. Mostly it sits on the blue title screen with "Connected. Logging in". I thought the cookie was being saved so that wouldn't need to happen any more?

Also, this.

The login takes longer than usual since it has to navigate to the site, add your login info to the web form, then submit. The trade off is that you only need to do it once (cookie is saved).

If the app is asking you to login every time you start it up, then it's a database issue; reinstall the app and let me know what happens.

As far as posters' names not showing up, I can't reproduce that, yet. Looking into it.

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 29, 2012

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to solve both issues for me. Before it had a black background while my phone is using a white background.

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

bootleg robot posted:

The login takes longer than usual since it has to navigate to the site, add your login info to the web form, then submit. The trade off is that you only need to do it once (cookie is saved).

If the app is asking you to login every time you start it up, then it's a database issue; reinstall the app and let me know what happens.

As far as posters' names not showing up, I can't reproduce that, yet. Looking into it.

I can confirm I also observe all of these issues. The app also posts an error message when it's first started almost every time - I just had it send an email about it. Hitting cancel allows the app to log in, but it has to go through the complete login process.

Reinstalling seems to have fixed all of these issues.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

kapinga posted:

I can confirm I also observe all of these issues. The app also posts an error message when it's first started almost every time - I just had it send an email about it. Hitting cancel allows the app to log in, but it has to go through the complete login process.

Reinstalling seems to have fixed all of these issues.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, mine requires me to enter both my password and username every time I launch the app. Odd.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Happy to report that reinstalling fixed both the invisible names and long login on every app start for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I used the app once after the update I think, but since then I get the success! message and then a login screen that is grayed out but doesn't go anywhere. If I touch the username and password fields get cleared and I can try again but I never get past the loading screen.

Any ideas?

• Locked thread