Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Installing! Thanks for the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Woo, figured out how to disable pinching and zooming completely on the thread view. It's a minor thing, but it makes the view feel less like a web page and more like a native app.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is there any way to "Jump to last unread post" from the bookmarks?

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 6, 2012

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Phone posted:

Is there any way to "Jump to last unread post" from the bookmarks?

That's how it's supposed to work. Try all the stuff from the second post about displaying unread posts and there was also one other trick but bootleg hasn't added it to the OP so I don't remember it right now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Amppelix posted:

That's how it's supposed to work. Try all the stuff from the second post about displaying unread posts and there was also one other trick but bootleg hasn't added it to the OP so I don't remember it right now.

This is how my options are set up:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Phone posted:

This is how my options are set up:

Try putting second and third from the top on yes, that's how mine are.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Amppelix posted:

That's correct; updated the troubleshooting post to reflect this.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Amppelix posted:

This fixed the app for me, thanks!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

bootleg robot posted:

That's correct; updated the troubleshooting post to reflect this.

This works.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Love the app, but I have a question. When I press the edge of the screen to go to the next post sometimes it lights up blue but I have to push it a few times to make it go. Is there a trick to it? I just found how to swipe to move along, so I'll use that for now. :)

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

CharlesM posted:

Love the app, but I have a question. When I press the edge of the screen to go to the next post sometimes it lights up blue but I have to push it a few times to make it go. Is there a trick to it? I just found how to swipe to move along, so I'll use that for now. :)

Switch it to vertical mode in the settings! That switches the app so that it scrolls through a page on a thread just like you're viewing it on a browser.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Release 11 has passed the certification process! It should be available in about 24 hours or so. If current users have any difficulty after upgrading, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You'll have to redo your favorites, but in the grand scheme of things, it's trivial (this is a one time thing -- growing pains :v:). As always, I'll update the OP with the new release link and other info. Cheers!

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

As an aside, I'm also working on porting Awful to Windows 8, in the event that the OS won't allow backwards compatibility with WP7. At the very least, W8 desktop and tablet users will have something they can use to browse the forums, Metro style. I'll post a mockup of how it will look sometime in the near future.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Looks like the app is finally available for download, though I had to update manually.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

bootleg robot posted:

Looks like the app is finally available for download, though I had to update manually.

It isn't letting me log in (tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well). I put in my username and password but when I click login nothing happens.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Naffer posted:

It isn't letting me log in (tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well). I put in my username and password but when I click login nothing happens.

Looking into it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

Looking into it.

Getting the same deal, I uninstalled 1.10 and then installed 1.11

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Yeah...big goof. I fixed it; since there doesn't seem to be a rollback feature, I'm going to submit a beta version alongside the release so those affected can use the app quickly (or use the browser for the next couple of days). Will also update the OP.

Sorry folks. :(

Unit tests are your friend.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can you add my hotmail.com account to the beta?

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 14, 2012

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The icon still stinks. :(

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

obeyasia posted:

The icon still stinks. :(

What do you mean? Did the icon stay the same for you, or are you just not a fan of the new one?

Ixpodsix
Dec 4, 2008
I like the new icon more. Nice and simple :v:

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

What do you mean? Did the icon stay the same for you, or are you just not a fan of the new one?

It's just so plain. There's no zazz to to it. Can you zazz it up some? Use the "rule of thirds" and make the face bigger.

obeyasia fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 12, 2012

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Awful! isn't showing in the market anymore. Is this right?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Well, mine got borked after the update.

I guess sign me up for the fixed beta. Live ID is Ed.the.IV(at)gmail.com

Plague Skillet
Nov 10, 2003
No night is complete without the antics of an unwilling magic panda.
Craig.m.shipley@gmail(dot)com

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

hotsauce posted:

Awful! isn't showing in the market anymore. Is this right?

Yeah, it's hidden until the fix is out. Since I submitted it on Wednesday, it should be available no later than Monday.

Plague Skillet
Nov 10, 2003
No night is complete without the antics of an unwilling magic panda.

bootleg robot posted:

Yeah, it's hidden until the fix is out. Since I submitted it on Wednesday, it should be available no later than Monday.

Good deal. I had just found the app after changing from an android phone.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

bootleg robot posted:

Thanks.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 14, 2012

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

That was quick! Release 12 will be available on the marketplace sometime today or tomorrow. No need for a beta -- you guys can remove your emails from your posts if you want.

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

App's back on the store. Just in time for my next shift; thank you for saving me from boredom once again.

VVVV Works fine for me, bootleg robot, for what that's worth.

direspoon fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 15, 2012

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Downloaded the new version that just popped up on the marketplace, but I still get stuck at the login screen. I deleted the old version before downloading this one, if that counts for anthing.

FTJ
Mar 1, 2003

BTB's Monty Python pro-star!
Works fine for me now as well.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Badly Jester posted:

Downloaded the new version that just popped up on the marketplace, but I still get stuck at the login screen. I deleted the old version before downloading this one, if that counts for anthing.

I'm thinking it's Marketplace fuckery again. When I downloaded Awful from the marketplace 5 minutes ago, it installed release 11 for some reason.

For those who have it working, could you confirm that the version you have is 1.12 (on the main hub, tap settings -> "about this app")?

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 15, 2012

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Marketplace fuckery indeed. When I go to the app on marketplace, it shows me the "update" button and goes to the "downloads" screen when I press it, without actually downloading anything. :iiam:

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

Just double checked, my working version is indeed 1.12.257. If it makes a difference, I first uninstalled 1.11 from my phone, then chose the reinstall option from my PC on the Marketplace website.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

So I downloaded the new update and while I can get in, I can't get any threads to show up. Once I go into a forum it prompts me to hit refresh to get the thread list. Once I do that, it spins and eventually boots me back to my app-list.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

Ochowie posted:

So I downloaded the new update and while I can get in, I can't get any threads to show up. Once I go into a forum it prompts me to hit refresh to get the thread list. Once I do that, it spins and eventually boots me back to my app-list.

Same.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

That's because the app isn't saving the forum to the internal database. Once you initially load up all forums, exit out of the app and restart it. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Cool, so the addition of the Paranormal forum wasn't assigned a subforum in the app which caused a database error.

Fix incoming. This will be the last update until I'm able to reliably test for things like this, among other things.

• Locked thread