Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

SilverThread posted:

App is great, but am I blind, or is TCC missing?

I think he had to remove TCC to get it past Microsoft certification, but bootleg robot can confirm I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

Looking into it.

Getting the same deal, I uninstalled 1.10 and then installed 1.11

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

NightHunter posted:

I've done that a couple of times, each time it downloads the old version. I get an update button on the page for the app but whenever I try and use it it opens the download page and says no downloads in progress.

Marketplace was jacked up for a while, maybe fixed now?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

Are all YouTube embedded videos in html5 now? I see them showing up in threads instead of getting caught in the filter.

Yah:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=403193277

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

the_rhino posted:

I'm in the same boat as the other user. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, and uninstalls with reboots in between everything. I can log in, but the user/pass screen grays out then clears and I can't proceed past that screen. If it helps, I'm using an HTC Trophy on Verizon Wireless.

I'm in the same boat on a Focus on AT&T. :(

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

MOTHER OF GOD.

How did you get through the cert process? I hope it was just by **** out all the bad words.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So how does the app determine what to censor? I noticed that the word assassin is censored in a coupons thread.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

He must be using the old version. I'm not sure how the version I uploaded is missing the filter toggle, but I'm putting out a short beta with the fix to be *completely sure* that it works, then pushing it to the marketplace. For now, you'll have to put up with stars. Sorry!

That will be the last update to the app. The next release after has been completely rebuilt from scratch, to address the problems with speed, logins, and persistence.

Thanks! I also have to relogin every time, but at least it actually works now. Is that something that running in debug mode and sending the log will actually help chase down?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

The app expects a certain number of cookies from the server to satisfy login requirements; apparently a change was made to send less than the expected number. The fact that this change was made not even a week after everyone got the new release makes me think that I'm being trolled by the universe. :smith:

Anyways, the fix has been made, will be available in the next release...

Strangely, once I turned on debug mode this went away for me.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

The "content filter" is super simple, and not worth putting effort into. You're all big boys and girls, just disable it after installing.

Thanks so much for all the work on this!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Jesus, never even saw that option. Cheers. Any idea what's causing the error when I tap a thread?

Do you have debug mode on? I noticed that made it a lot crankier in general.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Hey, can you add me in to next beta round, not quite sure how I forgot about this:

dspeterson at live.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

Finally squashed that forum list scrolling bug :rock:! Version 2.0 has been submitted for public release!

Sweet, thanks for all your work on this!

• Locked thread