Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

If you want to participate in the beta, just post your live account, same as last time.

Count me in, asia.pickle@live.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Vertical Style reading will be available in 1.9:

To access per-post features, simply tap on the post header (poster handle, avatar, post date). You will have the option to toggle between this style or current one in the settings menu.

When can we have it?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am really really loving the vertical display mode. Well done.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any chance of a nicer tile/icon? The "A" is awfully drab.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Something like this is more visually appealing.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

I like it! Send me the .png and I'll post a preview.

Send it where?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Next release is looking really smooth. All that's left to do is implement a 'preview thread' section when creating a new thread. I'm thinking 1.11 should be available to everyone two weeks from now at the latest.

I should mention that there is a strict limitation on how much text you can type in a text box before you can no longer see what you're typing. I don't forsee any megathread creations in this app's future :v:

Things are working great. Better and better. The only issue in running into is when it's taking me to the last unread post it way overshoots everytime and I have to scroll up 4-5 posts to get back to the real last unread post.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Good night, goons. :unsmigghh:

Looks great, keeps getting better. It's awesome that the WinPho app is better than the IOS/Android app.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The icon still stinks. :(

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

What do you mean? Did the icon stay the same for you, or are you just not a fan of the new one?

It's just so plain. There's no zazz to to it. Can you zazz it up some? Use the "rule of thirds" and make the face bigger.

obeyasia fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 12, 2012

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Feature request: Share via SMS, Email, Social Network, etc... and/or Open in IE.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Sharing via social network might be more effort than I want to put forth, but SMS and email are doable. Same with opening a thread page in IE.

I don't really see myself sharing to a social network anyway. The other 2 I tried to use today. Thank you.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Thanks for the bug report -- will be fixed in the next release.

Private Messaging is done (the way SA edits folders is a mess!) and a beta will be out shortly so you guys can test it out. :) The majority of my time has been spent on building tests for the app's features. That way I can ensure that everything works as intended before I push to the marketplace. It's a long process!

Thank you for all the work you've put into this.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
None of the poster's names are showing up for me.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bootleg, got any previews/news about the next update?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Looks like MS testing is underway. Fingers crossed here...

Good luck. I always look forward to your work.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

He must be using the old version. I'm not sure how the version I uploaded is missing the filter toggle, but I'm putting out a short beta with the fix to be *completely sure* that it works, then pushing it to the marketplace. For now, you'll have to put up with stars. Sorry!

That will be the last update to the app. The next release after has been completely rebuilt from scratch, to address the problems with speed, logins, and persistence.

Any fundamental changes we will see? Support for higher WP8 resolutions? New features? What can you tell us?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Anonymouse Mook posted:

I just got a Lumia 920 running WP8 and am not having much luck with the app.

I can login fine and see my bookmarks. Once I changed my options I could then see the number of new posts.

Whenever I try to go to a thread (from either the forum list or the bookmarks) it takes me to a thread page with the right title but loads no content, it just has the loading animation going perpetually. Also, if I go from a bookmark, it claims it is loading 'Page ? of X' (where X is the current number of pages in the thread)

Would this be an issue because of WP8 or have I missed something?

I am having the same issue on a Nokia 920.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any idea what's causing that problem?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

It's definitely a WP8 thing. Thread browsing worked perfectly before my upgrade and not at all afterward.

Seconding this. Have my 900 and 920 side by side, 900 works as always and the 920 will load the forums index and my bookmarks but will not display threads.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to try the beta, I have Lumia 920.

EDIT: Thanks

obeyasia fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My beta access expired and i was forced to uninstall. I'd love to get back in if its undetermined how long it'll be until the real app is available.
Asia.pickle@live.com

• Locked thread