Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

How good are the UnifiAPs at roaming? We're trying to replace our lovely AirPorts right now and the price is definitely right for the size of the deployment, but we have users going from one end of the building to the other constantly and I want to make sure that they don't have problems with switching APs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MrMoo posted:

i.e. IP address may change and connections will break: such as phone calls, remote desktop sessions, etc.

Outlook will reconnect and obviously most HTTP sessions will be unaffected.

Well, none of our employees are set up to run VoIP from their cell phones, nor would they need to run RDP. I could understand how in a lot of environments this would pose an issue, but this is a pretty small scale deployment for a user base that doesn't have diverse needs.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Did Ubiquiti ship a wireless controller for UniFi yet?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

stevewm posted:

What do you mean by this? A wireless controller appliance?

Could be a virtual server or a program. I'm just talking about something that supports movement between APs without a loss in connection and that supports multiple SSIDs.

• Locked thread