Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm sorry, but by no one's definition of "top of the line" will you find an Atom processor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

He said "computer" not "netbook"; why yes, the Nook is the top of the line 7" form factor Android-derivative tablet released by a major book retailer. See how that's a little disingenuous?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yep, and that true statement includes all netbooks.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Google must certainly has power to allow or disallow the use of, at the very least, branding and trademarks for android and the security credentials to access Google Play, which would put pressure on manufacturers to release timely updates. They just don't.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's slanted.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vagrancy posted:

Looking at the two, the Note's speaker grill is a little further away from the screen, the shape and positioning of the sensors is a little different, and the bottom corners of the (supposed) tablets screen seem a little closer to the curve. The tablet also has a slight skew about it, whereas the Note is a little more rectangular.

Not from this distance, your honor.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

uapyro posted:

I'm guess it's no good if we sold or returned the TF201?

I'm guess probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Telex posted:

Probably a dumb question and potentially irrelevant once I get a new laptop, but those USB OTG cables for hooking up an external drive to a Nexus 10, what sort of external case will work with those assuming I have one that always powers itself through USB and not a wall adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-2-5-Inch-External-Enclosure-NST-200S3-BK/dp/B0058YY202

I have that hard drive enclosure (except not USB3, it's older) will the USB OTG cables power that drive or am I gonna be screwed until I'm able to tether both the Nexus 10 and the HD to a real computer? I'm going to be away from all my stuff for a month and wanted to take some stuff with me in the case that something stupid happens to my server or internet connection while I'm gone.

You could try getting something like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...CFUPc4AodjnYAwA paired with a wall socket USB adapter.