Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
I want to get a tablet for my wife for her birthday. Xoom on woot for 300bux. Good deal? Anyone got experience with this tablet? FYI: One on woot is refurb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!

a shameful boehner posted:

I purchased a 32gb TF300 a few days ago and have been actually quite pleased with it.

I've used iOS, WebOS, and lots of iterations of Android, and Ice Cream Sandwich/4.0 is now one of my favorites. Its absolutely slick on the Transformer, very accessible and fluid. Zero hiccups in performance, no crashes with anything I've thrown at it. Live wallpaper and widgets plastered don't slow it, everything is quite fluid.

The device itself is well built, and the dark navy blue ring spun back has a nice texture to it. I haven't noticed any case flex or backlight bleed. No worries about fingerprints on a metal back. Haven't missed a camera flash at all. Charged to full in about 3 hours.

It gets a little heavy to hold in landscape for a long time, but the portrait keyboard is excellent. Typing on it now.

As my first tablet, pretty happy with it so far. It's exactly what i want - perfect for couch browsing, portable enough to be taken to different rooms more easily than the laptop and has the option for a keyboard and mouse if typing needs to be done. GMail app is amazing, the browser is very quick. Happy to answer any questions.

Also looking for a case.

I just ordered one for my wife. I hope she likes it!

Also, does anyone know how much thicker the TF300 is with the keyboard attachment?