Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

miss_chaos posted:

I'm sure there'll be a spot in the minor party debate the way Labour's trending...

John Key Debates John Key, chaired by Mike Hosking. Drink every time John refutes previous statements by saying he can't remember what he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

El Pollo Blanco posted:

John Key Debates John Key, chaired by Mike Hosking. Drink every time John refutes previous statements by saying he can't remember what he said.

Finish the drink if he can't recall not recalling something.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
The National Party list is 71% male

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Exclamation Marx posted:

The National Party list is 71% male

Hard to find a lot of self-hating women to keep their numbers up.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Paula Bennett's flip flop after Cam Slater told her to pull her head pretty much shows you where the National Party stands on women actually being self-determining.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Not her first, nor her biggest flip-flop

https://twitter.com/SperlingJackie/status/490768063147417601/photo/1

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
The Ryan Dunn gaff on the front page of the Herald paper is pretty hilarious.

Especially because the NZ'er is presented as a hero... can't say anyone involved in the Israel/Palestine conflict can be called that.

Link added: http://imgur.com/YX6apQB

truther fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 28, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

truther posted:

The Ryan Dunn gaff on the front page of the Herald paper is pretty hilarious.

Especially because the NZ'er is presented as a hero... can't say anyone involved in the Israel/Palestine conflict can be called that.

I am laughing so loving hard at both them calling a dude helping steal land a hero and that they used loving Ryan Dunn's pic.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I just came to the realisation that people are gonna be acting all offended that an honourable man who participated in the mass slaughter of women and children is being compared to a dirty drunk driver

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Hahaha that's gold.

spit it out john

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

swampland posted:

I just came to the realisation that people are gonna be acting all offended that an honourable man who participated in the mass slaughter of women and children is being compared to a dirty drunk driver

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11300272

We're sorry we used a photograph of a drunk driver, and not that of a child murderer.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pictured: Drunk Driver Ryan Dunn of Jackass:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This is what it's come to. The Herald pilfering Facebook for photos of a dead soldier who never grew up in this country and died punitively reoccupying another, and they mistakenly grab a dead celebrity lookalike.

Is it only a matter of time before people's What Disney Princess Are You? quizzes are reported as fact?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
NZ Woman Belle Identified as Jasmine by Quiz! Andrew Dickens offers his perspective as a parent on teen trend of transethnic identity

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

http://polity.co.nz/content/regional-roading-omnishambles

Uneconomic roads, pork barrel politics and procedure thrown out the window. Truly, the National party is the party of sensible economic management.

Also why the gently caress is the Taxpayer Union upset about the $40,000 in special aid for Mojo Mathers to do her job as an elected official but won't bat an eyelid at over $200 million spent on inefficient roads?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Native Affairs is pro as hell
http://www.maoritelevision.com/news/national/native-affairs-palestine

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

hairypanis posted:

http://polity.co.nz/content/regional-roading-omnishambles

Uneconomic roads, pork barrel politics and procedure thrown out the window. Truly, the National party is the party of sensible economic management.

Also why the gently caress is the Taxpayer Union upset about the $40,000 in special aid for Mojo Mathers to do her job as an elected official but won't bat an eyelid at over $200 million spent on inefficient roads?

Because they're a partisan organisation masquerading as a public lobby group, same as the Sensible Sentencing people.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Uh, no. They're non-partisan. It says so right on their website! :downs:

That said, I see they're protesting the spending of $4,000 a year on a brochure intended to give senior citizens a confidence boost in getting around when they're no longer able to legally drive.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Oh, Stuff

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Oh good, now we've dropped the pretension and proceeded to literal scaremongering.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm terrified of a virus that kills so many of the people it infects so fast it's continued infection rate drops to 0 amazingly fast that has an outbreak in a country that isn't anywhere near New Zealand.

Please hold me.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

I'm terrified of a virus that kills so many of the people it infects so fast it's continued infection rate drops to 0 amazingly fast that has an outbreak in a country that isn't anywhere near New Zealand.

Please hold me.

The Ebola outbreak is bad and one of the worst in history. Having said that unless you work in the ministry of health or border security on infectious disease control, or the WHO or even the CDC you don't need to think about it outside of the whole fellow human beings are suffering and dying angle.

*Goes and plays Pandemic II again.*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

On the one hand: I really don't want to bleed out of my eyes and rear end. On the other hand, I'm totally fine with not travelling to West Africa for a while.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Cam Slater's wife started a petition defensing Hosking lol

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...litical-debates

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006
A contemporary classic: http://colincraig.co.nz/

Edit:

Meanwhile, at The Standard

quote:

The latest Colmar Brunton poll result 1 suggests that Labour may be developing some of that most cherished of political assets, momentum in the polls.

Uh okay

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

This is what it's come to. The Herald pilfering Facebook for photos of a dead soldier who never grew up in this country and died punitively reoccupying another, and they mistakenly grab a dead celebrity lookalike.

So basically in admitting to the error, the New Zealand Herald also were forced to admit they had been stalking a dead man's Facebook page to steal photos they would presumably use without having to clear with his grieving family because they were 'on the internet'

Journalism yo.

I actually saw this on Mashable so great job NZ media!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

miss_chaos posted:

Uh okay

I can feel the Labmentum

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

miss_chaos posted:

A contemporary classic: http://colincraig.co.nz/

Edit:

Uh okay

Technically correct, since they didn't mention the direction.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

In many ways I feel a bit sorry for Colin Craig. He comes across as fairly relatable and earnestly wants to help NZ. But incredibly naive and with terrible policy ideas. The sort of person you could spend an evening playing board games with but then throw empty soft drink containers at when he starts to talk about economic policy. Maybe if he had some friends do just that to him instead of agreeing with him because he has money we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

In many ways I feel a bit sorry for Colin Craig. He comes across as fairly relatable

If you are some kind of hate-powered robot, maybe.

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006

Varkk posted:

Maybe if he had some friends do just that to him instead of agreeing with him because he has money we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

The situation he's in now is getting all the media attention in the world and precisely nothing gained from it so I'm okay with it.

Just another minnow who won't influence the final result. Here's hoping I don't eat my words, but I think the media is blowing this election up to be some Game of Thrones type thing and it's really not. I guess National leading in the polls by 30 percent is a pretty boring story.

Let's fast forward to the last 7 days already, I can't take any more.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
The free market will provide haha

http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/ministry-education-take-over-novopay-6041359

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

Note that they take over *after* the Elections.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Varkk posted:

The sort of person you could spend an evening playing board games with

Yeah it's all fun and games until he loses and then starts a lawsuit against you or something

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

To quote one of my colleagues: "I wonder how they'll gently caress it up this time."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Jamie Whyte, January 2014:

quote:

Emphatically, he says, an ACT party led by Whyte would not go to war on Treaty issues. "I've got no interest in Maori-bashing as a political game."

Jamie Whyte, July 2014:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

When even Susan Devoy is calling you out on racism you know it is pretty bad.

Also WhaleOil is still focusing on the issues that matter:

Isn't taking and publishing pictures like that in the house a serious breach of the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I'm not sure I understand what Fucksack's argument here is. Turei is wearing a coat, scarf and hat so that makes her homeless? Wellington gets stupidly cold at times, so what's unreasonable about her sitting in her own seat doing her loving work while dressed to keep warm? Or is there something else about her that might COLOUR his opinion of her?

• Locked thread