Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Varkk posted:

Hey, some crazy guy shot someone in Canada. I guess we had better lock down our parliament just in case.

I once worked at a Toyota dealership (in Auckland). Straight after the first Christchurch quake the spectacular idiot running the place decided no car should be left raised in the air at night 'in case of an earthquake'.

edit for clarity

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Shut down all airports

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
ought to lock up john keys!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
and throw away the (john) key!!!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Free tazing for everyone!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I like how they're calling him a terrorist (because he was a convert to Islam)

And saying there "could be more shooters" (because there's more Islamic converts in Canada)

It's sad to seem the turning into America so hard.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

i think they're saying there could be more shooters because shots were fired in two separate places at around the same time, actually

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

AT

the

END

of

THE

day.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

At the end of the day, vacuous uncontroversial statement

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Is he bi-polar, I don't know how you can seperate what you do personally and what you do as the prime minister, because most people won't make that distinction. And Cameron Slater most likely isn't, he would only be talking to John Key because he is the PM, not because he wants to be a geninue friend.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wibbleman posted:

Is he bi-polar, I don't know how you can seperate what you do personally and what you do as the prime minister, because most people won't make that distinction. And Cameron Slater most likely isn't, he would only be talking to John Key because he is the PM, not because he wants to be a geninue friend.

The Prime Minister of New Zealand is dishonest. He didn't want to divulge how often he talks with Slater so he threw up enough of a mildly confusing smokescreen so that his speaker could shut down the line of questioning.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I am betting the answer to this will be he will stand up say "Yes" and then sit down while his caucus erupts in laughter and everyone else boos.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Varkk posted:

I am betting the answer to this will be he will stand up say "Yes" and then sit down while his caucus erupts in laughter and everyone else boos.

"Yes"

*Pffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhrmmmm*

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Varkk posted:

He got Gerry to answer for him :v:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
"Not in my capacity as Prime Minister" is the new "I don't recall"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

John Key is a good bloke, a mans man, you know he has to deal with the real dirty poo poo just like you and me. I mean, there are some matters that I can not possibly comment on for example, how to lay a tar seal on a roadway. Sure I drive on the roads, but hell I am not about to tell the dudes how to lay their road. thats what JK is about, just letting people get poo poo done. My favourite JK moment? When he reassured me that I, as a person, am not concerned about senior party political operatives hacking into the democratic opposition of this country akin to the WATERGATE scandal of some country ages ago that doesnt matter. JK knows that I am concerned about poo poo that matters. Like relenting to soft power of Ch-ch-ch-China :cheers:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

just gonna have to wear a different hat
whales may chat me
but i won't chat whales

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
what a bad country

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Exclamation Marx posted:

what a bad country

Thanks John Key

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
blog site Reddit

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guy Williams told me it tastes like Primo.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

oohhboy posted:

Guy Williams told me it tastes like Primo.

It really, really doesn't.

It's really good. But not "counterfeit chocolate milk ring" good.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm just hoping by the time I'm back in the country in December people will have stopped freaking out about it and I'll be able to buy it without fuss.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I have never heard of this stuff.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

It's not even being sold in the South Island. Apparently if you melt Whittakers chocolate into milk, it tastes more or less the same as the actual product. But that would take effort. The counterfeit chocolate milk rings probably disagree.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I think it is essentially full cream milk with a block of whittackers chocolate melted in to it.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Van Dine posted:

It's not even being sold in the South Island. Apparently if you melt Whittakers chocolate into milk, it tastes more or less the same as the actual product. But that would take effort. The counterfeit chocolate milk rings probably disagree.

There is no counterfeit milk. That was almost certainly a mockup by the marketing Dept

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

exmachina posted:

There is no counterfeit milk. That was almost certainly a mockup by the marketing Dept

It was missing the Whittaker's logo, most likely someone poured primo into one of the normal milk bottles

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and put milk in a different milk bottle?

Also: https://twitter.com/Rose_Matafeo/status/525107371152904192

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That just made me love her just a little bit more.

emminou
May 25, 2006

New Zealand Politics Megathread: It's All About Milk In The End

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

At the end of

The day nZers just want

Milk with sugar in
It

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

hairypanis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RHYNckdVg&list=UU11JO1LSuPQKCuQyyIn8w1Q

gently caress this country; gently caress anyone who voted National; someone please execute the National Party front bench.

http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/food-in-schools-bill-opposed-2014102215

quote:

The Government still opposes Hone Harawira's "feed the kids" bill, which means it won't get past its first reading in Parliament.

The Mana leader's bill has been picked up by Green Party co-leader Metiria Turei.

It was part-way through its first reading when Parliament adjourned for the election.

The bill would provide government-funded breakfasts and lunches in all decile one and two schools.

Ms Turei is urging parties to "put politics aside" and allow the bill to go through its first reading so it can be sent to a select committee for public submissions.

"Hungry kids are more important than scoring political points," she said.

Mr Key told reporters the Government hadn't changed its position on the bill.

"We would be providing meals that are provided by the vast bulk of parents and caregivers already," he said.

"We should expect parents to feed their children properly and the vast majority of them do."

Mr Key says the Government already has food in schools programmes that provide meals for needy children.
Wanted: more gangs to feed children, less politicians.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Varkk posted:

I think it is essentially full cream milk with a block of whittackers chocolate melted in to it.

That's what i don't get. Why such the demand for this when it is so easy to make your own. There's no shortage of whitakers chocolate.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i did this for wife. melt choc into organic milk. she said it wasn't the same. i said bollocks to that because its exactly the same.

bullshit cow milk poo poo going down in this country

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

i did this for wife. melt choc into organic milk. she said it wasn't the same. i said bollocks to that because its exactly the same.

bullshit cow milk poo poo going down in this country

This easily replicated chocolate milk craze is clearly symbolic of the decline our traditional way of life is undergoing. Whatever happened to the number 8 fencing wire spirit of Kiwi ingenuity?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Reckon.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Chocolate milk is the new best thing for olds to complain about, like chatter rings and those stupid shoes with wheels in the heel.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

mirthdefect posted:

like chatter rings

That's a blast from the past. It's worth noting though that I never got a chatter rings when everyone else had them, I was more of a yo-yo guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

mirthdefect posted:

Chocolate milk is the new best thing for olds to complain about, like chatter rings and those stupid shoes with wheels in the heel.

Please do not denigrate Heelies in this thread.

• Locked thread