Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I asked a version of this question in the general horror thread, but are there any non-short story cosmic horror novels or series?

I read the first laundry files book and didn’t like the humor / office politics and bureaucracy stuff.

I want to read a multi book epic about elder gods trying to eat the world. Am I gonna have to write it myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Secret Machine posted:

Agents of Dreamland by Caitlin Kiernan is a multi book series. I only read the first book which is short but if left me wanting to read the others.

thanks! I'll check this out

Relevant Tangent posted:

The Laundry books rapidly get away from fun office politics with a smattering of eldritch horror and towards the breakdown of reality.

Thanks! I've heard they get better and I will attempt to keep going.

RagingTux posted:

Probably not the first thing to come to mind as "cosmic horror", but the Three Body Problem books by Cixin Liu have plenty of world imperilment by misanthropic forces, and certainly tick the "multi-book epic" box!

the only time I've been more disappointed by a novel I'd been hyped to read than TBP was Annihilation. I love Liu's short stories, but TBP just fell flat.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

I know this is a tangent, but I picked up The Three Body problem recently and I'm curious to know which of Liu's short stories you think are really good.

I enjoyed the "wandering earth" collection - in particular the title story and whichever one was about the world made of sand