Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Ornamented Death posted:

You can also use it to stop a bullet or beat someone to death if you really need to (it's almost 1200 pages long).

God bless eReaders for making anthologies practical. Carrying around a massive tome is a hell of a commitment.

I'm enjoying The Weird - the editor's choice in stories is phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Poopinstein posted:

Just finished Barron's "The Croning" myself, and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I'm not well read in cosmic horror outside of Lovecraft yet, but "The Croning" hit all the right notes for me. It *did* go a little too deep into esoteric information that isn't needed for anything, especially stuff surrounding Don's life, but I thought the pay off was well worth it. I had a good sense of dread building as it rolled along!

My biggest problem with The Croning is that at no point in the story did I buy that the main character was in his mid-80s.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

derkaiser posted:

Alan Moore did a Lovecraft inspired thing called Neonomicon, though. Didn't read it and it was published through Avatar Press which generally doesn't inspire much confidence.

Alan Moore is loving crazy and half of Neonomicon was about an Elder One raping one of the characters repeatedly.