Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
Just chiming in here to say that I started reading Laird Barron's "Occultation and Other Stories" thanks to this thread and man...this guy's great! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm officially pretty geeked to go through all the other recommendations in here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
Just finished Barron's "The Croning" myself, and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I'm not well read in cosmic horror outside of Lovecraft yet, but "The Croning" hit all the right notes for me. It *did* go a little too deep into esoteric information that isn't needed for anything, especially stuff surrounding Don's life, but I thought the pay off was well worth it. I had a good sense of dread building as it rolled along!

I've read "Occultation and Other Stories" already, so I'm definitely going to read "The Imago Sequence" here soon! After the first two books, I'm happy to call myself a bonafide Laird Barron fan!