Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

muscles like this? posted:

A Dog's Purpose just looks completely awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4y_h9xbyDE

all the dog lovers on my fb feed are reposting the trailer so it may not bomb? the trailer is the whole movie tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

All those names are fake names.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Spazzle posted:

Wanna see a police procedural with a bunny crime solving consultant.

they already had zootopia

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Saddest Rhino posted:

all the dog lovers on my fb feed are reposting the trailer so it may not bomb? the trailer is the whole movie tho

Maybe I'm just a bitter husk but that movie looks like saccharin garbage that is one step removed from Heaven is Real.

Dog are the coolest animals on earth but you could not pay me to watch that UNLESS the message is Buddhist (what with the reincarnation) just to confuse American audiences.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And you know that dog dies at the end.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Samovar posted:

Yeah, I can see a NUMBER of mysteries already.

Like why is this obvious g-rated family friendly bullshit with the terrible photoshop job rated pg-13?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

This looks like a horror movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

K. Waste posted:

This looks like a horror movie.

The woman in the purple hoodie caught her man cheating so she sent the two of them to the Beer Pong Dimension.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The unexplained blue light hitting two of the characters is a nice touch.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is that the movie's tagline or was there a mix-up and somewhere out there is a Surgeon General's warning saying something like "With higher learning... Comes lower standards!"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The trailer for that is interesting because you can tell exactly the kind of hack-y trailer they were aiming for (cut to unrelated scene: AWK-WARD) but even that seemed a bit out of their skill level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwSLmujMKLs

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Does anyone have any idea on where I could find this poster for sale? I need it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Fat Lou posted:

Does anyone have any idea on where I could find this poster for sale? I need it.

The only thing I know about this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9AnwYi2Frk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hat Thoughts posted:

The trailer for that is interesting because you can tell exactly the kind of hack-y trailer they were aiming for (cut to unrelated scene: AWK-WARD) but even that seemed a bit out of their skill level.
Jesus, the amateur lighting and editing is horrific. I get that people want to make a movie fresh out of film school but at least hire actual professionals for the basic technical parts.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

lmao

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

But why IS a giant black licorice here, no one likes black licorice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It looks like they couldn't bother to get the two women in for a photo shoot so they cut them out of a frame from the movie itself.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

You have to be blessed in order to like black licorice. Sorry for your misfortune. :angel:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Acne Rain posted:

Southrons can not handle the taste of black licorice because they are weak.

It is the one true licorice. Red licorice is the anti-licorice and made of falsehoods and decadence.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Anise? More like anus :grin:

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
In the leadup to the Supergirl/Flash crossover they made this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:five:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Acne Rain posted:

The aliens are of the Nordic type.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Allen Wren posted:

Like why is this obvious g-rated family friendly bullshit with the terrible photoshop job rated pg-13?

"Some elements of violence and peril, and brief teen drinking."

Which is basically to say, the movie could have probably gotten a PG with very few alterations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Isn't there one sequel where it turns out it's all in some simulated reality or something?
The second book has a lady just disappear and later is discovered hollowed out. Turns out some guy engineered a pregnant woman to get Ring'd so Sadako could be reborn. There's a scene at the end where some dude's dead son gets revived by Sadako and the guy pulling the strings is all "This is good because reasons" and it all seems like the biggest load of horseshit.

The last book has a society with megacancer that affects people, animals and plants. We find out Ring reality was a VR program and if left unchecked Sadako basically The Things everyone. The main character is actually one of the dead characters in the Ring novels, but when he was reborn in the real world he was carry Sadakoitis, which turned into megacancer. So guy had to Neo himself with Ringworld to upload the anti-Sadako patch, and it turns out the ending of the previous book (Sadako reborn and Reasons) is actually what happens when he complies anti_Sadako.exe in the VR world.

Its perfectly crazy Japanese Horror.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

The second book has a lady just disappear and later is discovered hollowed out. Turns out some guy engineered a pregnant woman to get Ring'd so Sadako could be reborn. There's a scene at the end where some dude's dead son gets revived by Sadako and the guy pulling the strings is all "This is good because reasons" and it all seems like the biggest load of horseshit.

The last book has a society with megacancer that affects people, animals and plants. We find out Ring reality was a VR program and if left unchecked Sadako basically The Things everyone. The main character is actually one of the dead characters in the Ring novels, but when he was reborn in the real world he was carry Sadakoitis, which turned into megacancer. So guy had to Neo himself with Ringworld to upload the anti-Sadako patch, and it turns out the ending of the previous book (Sadako reborn and Reasons) is actually what happens when he complies anti_Sadako.exe in the VR world.

Its perfectly crazy Japanese Horror.

Jesus loving christ I hope Rings does well now.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Kraps posted:

In the leadup to the Supergirl/Flash crossover they made this.

Is there a comicbook nerd here who could tell us who wins? Because I'm probably not gonna watch it to find out

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

KinkyJohn posted:

Is there a comicbook nerd here who could tell us who wins? Because I'm probably not gonna watch it to find out

The Flash, because there's no point in having a superhero whose power is "fast, but not as fast as Superman".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I actually think Superman wins, or its close.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't all those storylines end in a draw because you can't have one of your characters beating another?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

KinkyJohn posted:

They've raced a few times, and it's either ended in a tie (because the race was for charity or because someone bad would profit from one of them winning), or the Flash wins.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Flash even won a race against all the fast guys in the Marvel universe.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Flash, because there's no point in having a superhero whose power is "fast, but not as fast as Superman".

Flash is the fastest man alive. Superman, despite his stagename, not actually a man but a space god that happens to look like one.
:goonsay:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They've raced a few times, and it's either ended in a tie (because the race was for charity or because someone bad would profit from one of them winning), or the Flash wins.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I always like those moments in comics, where a writer has to stunt on previous writers in order to have some ownership over the character.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys you know those names are called "secret" identities right??

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Morning, Ralph."
"Morning, Sam."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Light Gun Man posted:

Hey guys you know those names are called "secret" identities right??

They're running faster than the speed of sound so nobody's going to hear it anyway.

Furthermore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4