Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Death Spa might have the best poster I've ever seen and might be the name for my next blackened grindcore band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

I've always prefered the international title; He Died With A Fabergé Egg In His Hand.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

If I had her as an instructor, I would never miss an aerobics class. Then again, I'd never leave it, either.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

And to continue a tradition, you forgot one...

It looks like there was a color painting made of this poster, but it was never used until the DVD release.

The tagline for this one was too good to pass up...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Young Freud posted:

And to continue a tradition, you forgot one...

It looks like there was a color painting made of this poster, but it was never used until the DVD release.

Oh wow, I'd love a full size of this!
What's the film like?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

The trailer for this really feels like a parody of thriller film trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzk3XZQMI88

It's like, could you give away more of the film?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

Oh wow, I'd love a full size of this!
What's the film like?

It's a pretty decent Frankenheimer film. Most of the people already kinda know the plot, terrorists bombing the Super Bowl, but the entire film is build up to that moment.

There's a great character moment where Shaw's MOSSAD character in the hospital, recovering from a bomb attack early in the film, where the doctor is reading off a list of next of kin to notify, all deceased, and Shaw's character is leaning back in his bed, showing concentration camp tattoo, as its being read to him. It never comes up in dialogue that most of his family died in the Holocaust, but it's implied in that scene.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Young Freud posted:

It's a pretty decent Frankenheimer film. Most of the people already kinda know the plot, terrorists bombing the Super Bowl, but the entire film is build up to that moment.

There's a great character moment where Shaw's MOSSAD character in the hospital, recovering from a bomb attack early in the film, where the doctor is reading off a list of next of kin to notify, all deceased, and Shaw's character is leaning back in his bed, showing concentration camp tattoo, as its being read to him. It never comes up in dialogue that most of his family died in the Holocaust, but it's implied in that scene.

Cheers, I'll check it out. I probably would have based on the poster alone though, it's great.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ShufflerZero posted:

Don't bother trying to keep in shape, you're just gonna get kidnapped or murdered anyway.

I want to see every single one of these movies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Unbelievably, this movie stars two people who had careers. Merrit Butrick played Kirk's son David in Star Trek II and III (Death Spa was his last movie before he died of AIDS), and Brenda Bakke is probably best known for playing the evil Sherriff's girlfriend in American Gothic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Black Sunday is pretty good, there is no possible way for Fatal Games to deliver on what it promises.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Black Sunday is pretty good, there is no possible way for Fatal Games to deliver on what it promises.

Well, let's read the IMDB synopsis.

quote:

A mad javelin thrower kills teenagers in the school. All promising athletes are executed in the most brutal way. Especially naked girls in dressing-rooms or saunas.

Not exactly what I had in mind.

Most of the promising athletes are women, apparently. Finally a win in the slasher genre for the feminist movement.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Mad Javelin Thrower, again, something I doubt they delivered on as well as you're imagining it.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Mad Javelin Thrower, again, something I doubt they delivered on as well as you're imagining it.
Hell, I doubt it's actually possibly to deliver on that as well as I'm imagining it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hedenius posted:

Hell, I doubt it's actually possibly to deliver on that as well as I'm imagining it.

http://i.minus.com/ic9cCEeCc3sio.gif

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Hell, even for my standards what I'm imagining when hearing 'Mad Javelin Thrower In High School' is pretty out there.

e: Let's take a step back from interesting posters.

I'm sure ketchup features heavily in the story of this A Realistic Comedy.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 7, 2013

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

ShufflerZero posted:

Don't bother trying to keep in shape, you're just gonna get kidnapped or murdered anyway.

As I scrolled down, I was hoping to see Death Spa among these posters. The trailer is pretty fantastic (and WILDLY :nws:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOTaip3U0n0 :nws:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo, Death Spa looks amazing.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Thank you Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFMzH6rS2w

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Death Spa - The spa that eats. I will never tire of stop motion exploding effects. The deaths also look like rejected Final Destination ideas.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 7, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Leck posted:

As I scrolled down, I was hoping to see Death Spa among these posters. The trailer is pretty fantastic (and WILDLY :nws:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOTaip3U0n0 :nws:

Man, that kinda makes me want to watch it.

Thank YOU, DO.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Alternate title?

Which sucks because the original title screen is rather inventive.

I'm Beta, you're VHS.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 7, 2013

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some Mario Bava posters:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

This is repurposed cover art for a Shirley Jackson novel.

That's so weird, I've never seen that done before.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Man, that kinda makes me want to watch it.

Thank YOU, DO.

Did you just watch it? Because I did and the movie just goes completely off the rails in the last third. What the hell.

Also, let's see how this one stacks up to your imagination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6teHF51Qo

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's a really great and creepy paperback book cover.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Did you just watch it? Because I did and the movie just goes completely off the rails in the last third. What the hell.

I will now! I have had it queuing up.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I will now! I have had it queuing up.

I wouldn't say it's completely worth your time but the movie has absolutely no idea what it's doing about half way through. Even technically it appears as if the budget just dried up; badly looped sounds and sound in general, choppy editing. Bizarre. And a final THE END? ending that just had me scratching my head what exactly was supposed to be happening.

It started out kinda promising.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

It's a really great and creepy book, too. Here's some more: http://www.rockin-r.net/~karl/shirleyjackson/covers/index-all.html

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Twitch of the Death Nerve is probably my favorite movie title of all time.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

This is the best thing.

E: Merrit Butrick plays David in Death Spa and in Star Trek 2-3!

matrocious fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 7, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

scary ghost dog posted:

Elevator To The Gallows.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Codependent Poster posted:

Holy poo poo, Death Spa looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdd1MSnBV2U

It is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

penismightier posted:

It's a really great and creepy book, too. Here's some more: http://www.rockin-r.net/~karl/shirleyjackson/covers/index-all.html

I hate this goddamn cover but the picture is amazing:

Also, The Sundial is a fantastic novel.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

scary ghost dog posted:

Mine:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

There's no good poster for the best title ever:

penismightier fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 7, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Just finished Fatal Games and man, 80s people were loving terrified of transgender people.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

scary ghost dog posted:

I've never seen either of these, but my favorite movie titles are And Now the Screaming Starts and Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Just finished Fatal Games and man, 80s people were loving terrified of transgender people.

I just finished watching Clue again, and for the first time I watched it from the very beginning. I had no idea that Mr. Green's entire thing was he was supposed to be homosexual: It's why he was being black-mailed, and why he makes the joke about sleeping with his wife at the end. Seriously, losing your job because you like guys? It's easy to forget how the world used to be.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Snowpiercer has a bunch of character 'passports'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Why, hello movie I've never heard of before that has now immediately become one of my most anticipated movies of the year.