Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

achillesforever6 posted:

The Spaceballs one is just the worst

To be fair, I somehow completely had missed Dark Helmet's... chestplate before I saw it on this version. I actually thought they had added it in until I checked a source image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Silence of the Lambs one is poo poo because it completely takes out the Dali image which is a neat little detail.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I'm imagining whatever this guy is about to say has something to to with Bitcoins, the FEMA death camps, or how Darren Wilson is an American hero. Also, this is shamelessly cribbed from a Norman Rockwell painting:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Robert Denby posted:

Also, this is shamelessly cribbed from a Norman Rockwell painting:

What? It's just a town meeting or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

What? It's just a town meeting or something.

He's right though. Just because it's badly executed doesn't mean that it's clearly not referencing that painting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Robert Denby posted:

I'm imagining whatever this guy is about to say has something to to with Bitcoins, the FEMA death camps, or how Darren Wilson is an American hero. Also, this is shamelessly cribbed from a Norman Rockwell painting:

That old dude on the immediate left in the Rockwell looks a bit like Ron Paul, so I don't know how off it is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is there even a chance that Atlas Shrugg3d won't end up being pretty much the dullest movie in the history of cinema?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Joe the Plumber meets Norman Rockwell.

mind the walrus posted:

You may be thinking of the original "Revenge of the Jedi" poster:

You can still find these in some US Lowes theaters.

I think I was just misremember this poster (couldn't find a bigger image).

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 21, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Is there even a chance that Atlas Shrugg3d won't end up being pretty much the dullest movie in the history of cinema?

Well the story itself has some potential for some really fantastic imagery, but everything we know of the movie says they have a really really low budget as far as spectacle movies go, so yeah it'll probably be really dull like the first two-- it's just a question if they go for "SyFy Movie visuals" dull or "everything cool is off-screen" dull.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Well the story itself has some potential for some really fantastic imagery, but everything we know of the movie says they have a really really low budget as far as spectacle movies go, so yeah it'll probably be really dull like the first two-- it's just a question if they go for "SyFy Movie visuals" dull or "everything cool is off-screen" dull.

My impression was that the entire movie was just gonna be the infamous speech.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vader's knocking his drumsticks together to start the song. "1, 2, 3, 4!"

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Lobok posted:

Vader's knocking his drumsticks together to start the song. "1, 2, 3, 4!"

Well, his group did blow 'em away on Alderaan...

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

axleblaze posted:

I am not convinced that this is not a five hour film.

However, if it is, I hope that the film doesn't end with a promotion for Five Hour Energy.

mind the walrus posted:

It'll be on par with Five Hour Energy commercials.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

:stare:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
This, on the other hand:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Vagabundo posted:

This, on the other hand:

The Boomed Journey?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

At least the poster is on par with the quality of the trailer.

Vagabundo posted:

This, on the other hand:

Aside from "Boomed Journey" this owns bones. Reminds me a lot of a trashy late 90s paperback you'd pick up in 5th grade at one of those Scholastic Book Fairs. Y'know, some weird watered-down retelling of Dr. Moreau that your mom or your visiting aunt picked up for you because "it's a classic" even though neither one of them had never even come close to reading it in their lives.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat. Did Simon Pegg learn nothing from Run Fat Boy Run? Formulaic romcoms will be that man's doom boom.

edit: gluh, even the poster reminds me of that movie.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

mind the walrus posted:

At least the poster is on par with the quality of the trailer.

Does an unamused Simon Pegg have his disembodied head put back on in the trailer? Does a woman stand next to him and stare off past him at some unspecified thing?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No, but they do that joke where someone mentions China and there's a gong sound, only for them to look out of frame and cut to show that someone has accidentally caused said gong sound by dropping a metal tray.

I think that's about equivalent.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I am not convinced that this is not a five hour film.

However, if it is, I hope that the film doesn't end with a promotion for Five Hour Energy.

It'll be on par with Five Hour Energy commercials.

The audiobook rendition clocks in at 3 hours, 40 minutes. The old Steam thread in a Games had an OP that was five hours long; the thread was locked after someone read it all for a mod challenge to prove it was too long.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

drat. Did Simon Pegg learn nothing from Run Fat Boy Run? Formulaic romcoms will be that man's doom boom.

edit: gluh, even the poster reminds me of that movie.

Why wouldn't he want to get paid to hang around beautiful women?

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
Poorly photoshopped heads, you say?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Saturniid19 posted:

Same guy as the one from the left. Mark Addy.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Saturniid19 posted:

That looks like those busts at the Haunted Mansion where they project actor's faces on plaster heads. They're even making the same faces.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mind the walrus posted:

No, but they do that joke where someone mentions China and there's a gong sound, only for them to look out of frame and cut to show that someone has accidentally caused said gong sound by dropping a metal tray.

I think that's about equivalent.

:suicide:

I like Simon Pegg, but he's not making it easy for me to like him. I'm really starting to belive that he's worthless if Edgar Wright isn't directing.

Nick Frost, on the other hand, was fantastic in Pirate Radio and thus escapes being tarred with the same feather.

Unfortunately, that movie had a rather poo poo Photoshopped poster:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Corek posted:

The audiobook rendition clocks in at 3 hours, 40 minutes. The old Steam thread in a Games had an OP that was five hours long; the thread was locked after someone read it all for a mod challenge to prove it was too long.

I'm gonna need a link to that thread.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Oh for fucks' sakes, I know we do the "lol photoshop so bad guy look like other guy" joke a lot but I am dead serious when I say that until someone pointed out that was Simon Pegg I thought it was an airbrushed Harvey Keitel. They made him look older somehow.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

:suicide:

I like Simon Pegg, but he's not making it easy for me to like him. I'm really starting to belive that he's worthless if Edgar Wright isn't directing.

Nick Frost, on the other hand, was fantastic in Pirate Radio and thus escapes being tarred with the same feather.

Unfortunately, that movie had a rather poo poo Photoshopped poster:

The British poster for the movie was way better, at least for the virtue of not shoving every single character onto the poster. Also, The Beatles.

While looking for that one, I also found out about the Japanese poster, which is actually incredible.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's a nice reference to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Real nice.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

... they're hands?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Slender hands.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

axleblaze posted:

If I remember correctly, when Rand (or her estate) sold the movie rights, one of the stipulations was that the entire speech had to be included in the film, and the filmmakers said they would comply.

What makes this sound so delicious, to me at least, is the idea that they will have the speech going on and have other scenes take place at the same tie. That's the only way to fit in the actual, you know, plot, isn't it? By having the speech that is so important become background noise.

I mean ideology aside, have a single speech that long is just loving awful writing on Rand's part, and the fact that she wanted it all on film so bad means she was either completely pompous or hd no idea how cinematic language worked (despite starting as a screenwriter)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Corek posted:

Holy poo poo. Was it goldmined or something, because that sounds like insanity I have to see.

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 3, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A neat (NWS) poster for the new Astron-6 joint, THE EDITOR:

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Lotish posted:

Holy poo poo. Was it goldmined or something, because that sounds like insanity I have to see.

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651245

http://www.twitch.tv/valestyne/b/548285457

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I like the concept, but it's better without the bigfoot face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Joe the Plumber meets Norman Rockwell.

I think I was just misremember this poster (couldn't find a bigger image).