Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

55: British Sitcom movie adaptions: the rest

Till Death us do Part and it's sequel the Garnett Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Where's the poster for Fat Slags The Movie.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The MSJ posted:

I like the concept, but it's better without the bigfoot face.

Is this a trend? Just curious.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Where's the poster for Fat Slags The Movie.

Where's the Fat Slags sitcom?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I saw Guest House Paradiso in theatres when it came out. I have no idea if you'd get much pleasure out of it if you're not already a fan of Bottom.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Chaka finally got his own movie?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A few good posters encountered this week.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Holy gently caress this poster. I seriously need this.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Reminds me of this poster, which I have hanging in my hallway:

Maybe it's the whole 'three taglines' thing. Unrelated, but similarly punned to Truck Stop Women:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

That's not a bigfoot, it's a tundra dweller!

Desperado Bones posted:

Is this a trend? Just curious.

If it's even half as good at Troll Hunter I'll go see it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sheldrake posted:

Reminds me of this poster, which I have hanging in my hallway:

Maybe it's the whole 'three taglines' thing. Unrelated, but similarly punned to Truck Stop Women:

It's fun looking at those posters and guessing which tops were drawn on afterwards.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Every one of those Britcom posters look hideous and unappealing.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I keep on reading "stop" as a verb, spoken by that truck in the center.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Billy Gnosis posted:

I keep on reading "stop" as a verb, spoken by that truck in the center.

It's a command from someone offscreen.

"Truck, stop women!"

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

All went well for these girls until they met Kelly...

..ended up here...

..and this was the result.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mantis42 posted:

They're mostly good representation of the movies.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm so annoyed, seeing this. I found a copy of it on VHS buried at the bottom of a stack of tapes at a Goodwill. I ended up lending it to a co-worker, with the expectation I'd get it back come the end of the week or something.

We got laid off that Wednesday as we walked in the door.

I only got to watch it once. It was incredible.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Allen Wren posted:

I'm so annoyed, seeing this. I found a copy of it on VHS buried at the bottom of a stack of tapes at a Goodwill. I ended up lending it to a co-worker, with the expectation I'd get it back come the end of the week or something.

And now, it's in grainy low-def on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnUy-naD0Yw

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Allen Wren posted:

Looks like it's public domain
https://archive.org/details/MysteriesOfTheGods1977-WilliamShatner

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's also based on Erich von Daniken's completely discredited "research."

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

So, British then.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

If they founded the human race with earthwomen, where did the earthwomen come from? :confused:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Erebus posted:

If they founded the human race with earthwomen, where did the earthwomen come from? :confused:

Standard explanation is that humans are a mix of primordial monkey women and aliens.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Erebus posted:

Earth?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Erebus posted:

Is it like in the more recent Battlestar Galactica series, where Earth humans are the hybrid of the Kobol/colony humans and organic cylons?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Distorted Kiwi posted:

And now, it's in grainy low-def on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnUy-naD0Yw

Awwwwwesome.

muscles like this? posted:

It's also based on Erich von Daniken's completely discredited "research."

Well, I never said I thought it was true, just incredible.

ly bad.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Speaking of bad pesudo-documentaries have this. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

:nms: for animals being killed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg_fiUvVJoE

quote:

Incredibly bombastic narration (the most overblown I’ve ever heard) and some appalling racist “humor” make this 49-minute documentary a jaw-dropping experience. Based in Panama City, Florida, Captain Wallace Caswell is a constable and hunter of ocean predators that foul up the local fishing business. Caswell is described in heroic terms that would embarrass a god. He’s killed sharks with only a knife! He has muscles of steel! Even his binoculars are astoundingly wonderful (“they see far and clear!”). And he has a black cook named Evolution (“Look at Evolution, dark Evolution, humorous Evolution!”) who has a wooden leg and provides bug-eyed comedy relief that Steppin Fetchit would have passed up as too demeaning. Between fights with fish everybody dances around the boat to accordion music (“All week before going into action, Caswell likes to hear a jolly song, a salty sailorman tune! He’s a musical constable! So let the tune ring out with a shout and a fling!”)

The first sea creature he goes after is hardly dangerous -- a bottlenose dolphin. (“The constable takes off his pants, a tell-tale sign! Trousers would never do for fish fighting! So when you see Caswell climbing out of those pants, that means the battle is about to begin, man versus monster!”) This is supposed to take place far out at sea but you can tell it’s staged in waist-deep water. When it gets away, the bastards harpoon it, and the narrator gushes about “fun.” For killing Flipper, one of the most lovable of all animals! I guess if they slapped a child they'd have a hoe-down. When the dolphin gets in the boat with a black sailor, the narrator says “That darkie sailor is having a whale of a time! What colored man ever dreamed of having a leviathan in his boat?” Then they harpoon a hammerhead shark, which keeps raising hell on the boat even after they cut its head half-off. Then Caswell goes after a tiger shark with only a knife, which looks like ill-advised showboating. When birds spot schools of fish, the narrator declares “We are guided by boobies!” How true that is.

Then, they kill sea turtles (“Science says a sea turtle can live without a brain, as some international statesmen do!”) and a guy in a diving suit finds a sunken ship and a herd of octopus, which the narrator hates (“like a horrible symbol of sin… fantastically odious… unmitigated ferocity! The octopus is so fierce that the devil fish, when hungry, has been known to attack one of its own tentacles and devour its own arm!”) In the wreck is a skeleton and a chest, just in case you thought this wasn’t set up. A turtle and octopus attack and obviously-stuffed diving suit, so, knife in his teeth, Caswell dives in to save the day. The whole thing’s shot silent with occasional faked dialogue. At times you see the narrator at a desk staring off into space and talking. Truly jaw-dropping old curio that must be seen to be believed, with many obviously faked scenes. “Constable, off with those pants!”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Nckdictator posted:

Speaking of bad pesudo-documentaries have this. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

:nms: for animals being killed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg_fiUvVJoE

I'm pretty glad that people don't kill actual animals for movies anymore (please don't tell me otherwise)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Some pretty good fan posters for ep VII via io9. Is that release date confirmed? Because uh, drat. Didn't think they were that close to done.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Official release date is December 18th, 2015.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Those are cool, but I could do without the "War" part of the posters. Aftermath seems like a good description.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Um, well, the aftermath of the Falcon would include its satellite dish having been knocked off in the second Death Star's innards.

:goonsay:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mantis42 posted:

The only one that looks least bad (and is, not unconincidentally, a really, really good movie) is In The Loop.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Some pretty good fan posters for ep VII via io9. Is that release date confirmed? Because uh, drat. Didn't think they were that close to done.

It's honestly reassuring to know that almost anything Abrams & Co. come up with won't be half as evocative as these posters, and these posters aren't even that great. I seriously expect just black text with the Star Wars font that says something baiting like "You've waited long enough" or at most "the Saga finally continues..."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

It's honestly reassuring to know that almost anything Abrams & Co. come up with won't be half as evocative as these posters, and these posters aren't even that great. I seriously expect just black text with the Star Wars font that says something baiting like "You've waited long enough" or at most "the Saga finally continues..."

I'm hoping for a series of day-glo character profiles, ala Expendables 3.

Han Solo just standing there, looking smug, wearing a neon orange overcoat and lime green pants, etc;etc.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Gonz posted:

I'm hoping for a series of day-glo character profiles, ala Expendables 3.

Han Solo just standing there, looking smug, wearing a neon orange overcoat and lime green pants, etc;etc.

This, but it's Han Solo's turn in the metal bikini.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Those Star Wars posters are nice, but

:spergin: Since Episode VII takes place 30 years after Jedi, the movie probably wouldn't be dealing with such an immediate aftermath of the events of the original trilogy.

Sad Rhino
Aug 23, 2014
The hyperspace drives were damaged on the Falcon and the X-Wings; it has been a long journey home.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not for the movies, but this poster was posted for the radio broadcast for Star Wars. Really want to hear those tapes, I guess John Lithgow did the voice of Yoda for Empire which is all kinds of :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Aaaand I'm pretty sure next post is 666.