Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

It might be the fact that it is 2 am, but I'm finding that insidious poster fairly effective.

I might also be a wuss.

I'm right there with you. And I know it's not actually true because I'm in my room. Or is it? :ohdear:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Allen Wren posted:

It might be the fact that it is 2 am, but I'm finding that insidious poster fairly effective.

I might also be a wuss.

It just keeps reminding me of the facebook movie poster and I laugh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

effectual posted:

It just keeps reminding me of the facebook movie poster and I laugh.

It reminds me of this.

http://youtu.be/38ZMX44J0y4?t=2m49s

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Antti posted:

I'm actually going to see Predestination tomorrow! I've read the short story and I can't wait to see how much of it they put on the screen.

Here's the thread I made if you want to discuss it outside of here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661264

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CaptainHollywood posted:

I'll just let this poster speak for itself.

The red over gray is hurting my eyes. :( Didn't read because of that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Haha, very funny guys.
Another lovely minimalist poster, 'oh no the big gray wall is gonna get me!'

What do the letters above CHAPTER on the right supposed to mean?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Desperado Bones posted:

The red over gray is hurting my eyes. :( Didn't read because of that.

*granddad cuffs grandson in the back of the head* "You pansy."

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Uh, that Insidious is the title of the film series?

edit: oh I get it :eng99:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MariusLecter posted:

Haha, very funny guys.

It's a new mystery, to compound the INSIDIOUS IS INSIDIOUS IS from the first movie's trailer.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Haha, very funny guys.

III

Was this immediately obvious interpretation not the correct one?

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

CaptainHollywood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Barfing Cumlord posted:

III

Was this immediately obvious interpretation not the correct one?

Give his post some more thought.

I am also digging that poster, but it unfortunately serves to promise the fact that a small child will be telling his/her parents about the ghost in their house that only he/she can see. The parents will chuckle, or look concerned depending on whether or not they have noticed that the door to the attic keeps opening on its own.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 19, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I was about to make a joke about why I'd want to watch a movie where I already knew what was going to happen, then I saw what it was based on and got a little excited.

God I hope they kept the real premise.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I'll keep the answer in spoilers in case you want to find out while watching the film: I've not read the short story, just the Wikipedia summary, but from what I can see it's largely a very faithful adaptation, but also includes a major new addition to the tale that makes it more of an action thriller, as well as some other, more minor additions that flesh things out.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

I didn't know Fiona Apple had a new album

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

More Interstellar...

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Antti posted:

I know it's not news that movie posters aren't really meant for cinema walls anymore but this really nails the point home. This works when you're looking at it in your own home, but not at all if you're looking at it in a cinema unless it's 2 AM and you're there all by yourself.

This would probably work well as a bus stop ad, where there's a captive audience who'd read it. Or on a billboard or bus while stuck in traffic (which probably speaks to how much I've internalized LA traffic, that I'm regularly dead-stopped enough to read billboards.)

I like it. It's definitely more interesting than yet another grime-slathered poster of a creepy mirror or a ghost child for that type of movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MikeJF posted:

I know, but if they do I can imagine a number of people getting annoyed at it.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

rawillkill posted:

More Interstellar...

Want to see astronauts dressed as batman

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

rawillkill posted:

More Interstellar...

This was the first thing I thought of

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The fan made Interstellar posters are so bad the tagline on them should be "This is why we shouldn't make it."

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

rawillkill posted:

More Interstellar...

Matthew, there's no 'p' in our 'Interstellar', and we'd like to keep it that way.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

59:Kim Jong Il, MOVIE PRODUCER!!!

Sea of Blood (1969)

All I could find was a poster for the Cuban release and a poster for what *might be* the mandarin language version (running time 260 minutes)

Bulgasari AKA Pulgasari (1985)

Yep, this is the one where Kimmy kidnapped the star and director and forced them to make the film.
And who could be afraid of this little cutie-pie?

the Schoolgirl's Diary (2007)

A lot of people thought Kim Jong Il wasn't qualified to work in the film industry, but as far as I'm concerned he wrote the book on cinema and directing.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Judge Clayjar posted:

Original poster:

Criterion release:

Both pretty good, but the Criterion release looks much prettier on a t-shirt.

I have the criterion poster in my room because I just love that movie. <3

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

anyoldactress posted:

The DVD cover for Womb has been revealed. A film where Eva Green has to deal with the complexities of giving birth to a clone of her dead boyfriend Matt Smith.

That's a shame, because Womb was actually an interesting premise and matt was amazing in it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HOLY poo poo, that's not bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't like how they did the title.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
The typography is too clever and impossible to read. The rest of it is gorgeous, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It took me until you two had posted before I realised there was a title there.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
No way! Even as a thumbnail on a phone I can read that fine, let alone at full size.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Combatant posted:

No way! Even as a thumbnail on a phone I can read that fine, let alone at full size.

It's actually easier to read from a distance. Excellent poster.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

I couldn't see the title until it was in thumbnail, great besides that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghost in the Shell is one of those movies I want to love so much more than I actually do. It's beautiful and so many aspects of it are well-realized but I've just never given a gently caress about the whole.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mind the walrus posted:

Ghost in the Shell is one of those movies I want to love so much more than I actually do. It's beautiful and so many aspects of it are well-realized but I've just never given a gently caress about the whole.
I just rewatched it like a week or two ago. It's so loving dull. That poster is far more interesting than the movie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

I can see it fine at thumbnail size.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Difficult typography like that is a lot easier when you're looking at it at a small size. It's probably also easier if you actually know what you're looking at; I'm not all that familiar with Ghost in the Shell, so it took me a few tries before I put it all together.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just rewatched it like a week or two ago. It's so loving dull. That poster is far more interesting than the movie.

The poster highlights the best parts of the movie (the assault on the hotel room, the camouflage free-fall, the chase through the market and the invisible fight in the water).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Six Degrees of Separation: Kung-Fu to Ninjas.

(AKA: HUNTERS OF COBRA)