Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A bunch of new The Dark Knight Rises posters are out.

And three UK character posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I still hate that title so much

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Haha, that picture is a promotional still from The Dark Knight. Not even the same loving movie. That's magical.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Are you purposely spelling his name wrong?

Derp, nope. I went back and fixed it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

A bunch of new The Dark Knight Rises posters are out.

Her mask is lacking eyes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Madkal posted:

I'm more impressed with how her hair seems to be perfectly dry, and perfectly straight, despite being in a windy torrential downpour. She must be using some mad product in her hair to keep it looking like that in those conditions.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I see this and raise you

(I didn't make this)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

That complete disregard for the concept of perspective had been bothering me.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

f#a# posted:

So there's this quirky comedy coming out about an alien invasion. Its standard poster isn't terrible (at least they manually distressed their typography, unlike the "Lawless" posters above), but check out the trailer page for it. Hoooly crap:

I don't get your problem, I'm totally psyched now for Earrxteitesarrtl.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Icon-Cat posted:

I don't get your problem, I'm totally psyched now for Earrxteitesarrtl.

I wouldn't know this was a comedy if the review blurbs didn't keep telling me how funny it's supposed to be. And my god the itunes page is lazy. Every element is a different resolution, the ship just cuts off on the left side, and the type on the bottom looks like wordart.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Maybe in that poster. The other has the apertures of her goggle mask thingee situated on her temples, so they flare out a bit.

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm more impressed with how her hair seems to be perfectly dry, and perfectly straight, despite being in a windy torrential downpour.

I don't think that's rain, I believe that falling debris from exploding and collapsing buildings. Which makes it even more unbelievable.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Young Freud posted:

Madkal posted:

Maybe in that poster. The other has the apertures of her goggle mask thingee situated on her temples, so they flare out a bit.
I saw some editorial online gushing over this poster, and it claimed that all three of the character posters show the eyes "in shadow" and it's symbolic of mystery or uncertainty or something. Which may be true, but when I looked at this chick my first thought was that she was blindfolded.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I'd like to think that Batman and Bane just had their eyes out due to the lighting used, and then the exec went

"Oh poo poo, their eyes are gone, if her's aren't it'll be too jarring. black hers out too."

"Uh...Sure."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pakled posted:

I see this and raise you

(I didn't make this)

Well now that poster is awesome.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
That black coat makes Bane look really small compared to the brown one.

The UK posters are definitely better. The non-UK Batman one looks like he's posing for a magazine cover.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm more impressed with how her hair seems to be perfectly dry, and perfectly straight, despite being in a windy torrential downpour. She must be using some mad product in her hair to keep it looking like that in those conditions.

Maybe they misspelled "RINSE"

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I really don't like those US Dark Knight Rises posters with the characters standing in the rain. I just find them boring as gently caress.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The poster should just be a diagram of a broken spinal cord with the Batman symbol underneath it, followed by the date of the film's release.

EDIT: Spoiler'd

Gonz fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 23, 2012

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Gonz posted:

Not everyone interested in the movie (or this thread) is necessarily familiar with "Knightfall"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Really? I thought if you knew about Bane the character you would probably also know about back breaking.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Really? I thought if you knew about Bane the character you would probably also know about back breaking.

That's pretty much all he's famous for, and he mentions it all the time whenever he appears in comics.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are you guys spoiling that for people who want to read the comic? Or go see the movie? As far as the movie goes that's speculation and speculation isn't spoiler-worthy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The guy who told him to spoiler it mentioned the comic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I want to just post the image but not sure how mods will react. I am not sure how this is common knowledge amongst most film geeks who more than likely grew up with some connection to comics. I mean, even my non-geek friends know what happened.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Isn't it literally on the cover of the comic?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

User-Friendly posted:

Isn't it literally on the cover of the comic?

Yes. it's the cover for both the comic where it happened and every single collected volume. Even Denny O'Neil's novelization has it on the cover.
Knightfall is literally my favorite comic ever, so I was pretty excited to hear were getting smart Bane and not guy who doesn't even get on the poster

Downgraded to mook :smith:
Even Bob was on a poster

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 23, 2012

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Great Gatsby (in 3D) is coming out in December. Posters have just started arriving.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Man, I can't wait to watch The Great Catsby.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Wait, what? I thought this was one of those fake posters, like Ryan Gosling as Walt Disney? :confused:

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

The Great Gatsby (in 3D) is coming out in December. Posters have just started arriving.

I want this poster on my wall! I adore this 1920s/art deco style.

The Great Gatsby is possibly my favourite novel. I absolutely love F. Scott Fitzgerald. If the film is even half as beautiful as his prose, I will be happy. :allears:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Jasta posted:

I want this poster on my wall! I adore this 1920s/art deco style.

The Great Gatsby is possibly my favourite novel. I absolutely love F. Scott Fitzgerald. If the film is even half as beautiful as his prose, I will be happy. :allears:

Well, you can get a quick look at the film because the trailer was just released yesterday. I love art deco and am liking the look of the film, but the preview is somehow off-putting. I'll probably see it but I won't keep my hopes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULhlaX6JY4

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

QuoProQuid posted:

Well, you can get a quick look at the film because the trailer was just released yesterday. I love art deco and am liking the look of the film, but the preview is somehow off-putting. I'll probably see it but I won't keep my hopes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULhlaX6JY4

That was dissappointing. I love the Great Gastby but the movie (judging by the trailer) seems to be all falsh with little substance. I know that it is Lurmann's style and all but it just feels like a retreading of Moulin Rouge with the plot of Gatsby thrown in there for some reason.
The movie might be good but the trailer doesn't fill me up with any hope. One of the other big problems from what was shown in the trailer is that the Great Gatsby is about the personal. It is narrated by a character that talks about his experiences and what he witnesses. From the look of the trailer it seems that Lurhmann is more interested in the wider picture, so that it looks like the Nick (the narrator) is just another supporting character who doesn't have to be in every scene.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Madkal posted:

That was dissappointing. I love the Great Gastby but the movie (judging by the trailer) seems to be all falsh with little substance. I know that it is Lurmann's style and all but it just feels like a retreading of Moulin Rouge with the plot of Gatsby thrown in there for some reason.
The movie might be good but the trailer doesn't fill me up with any hope. One of the other big problems from what was shown in the trailer is that the Great Gatsby is about the personal. It is narrated by a character that talks about his experiences and what he witnesses. From the look of the trailer it seems that Lurhmann is more interested in the wider picture, so that it looks like the Nick (the narrator) is just another supporting character who doesn't have to be in every scene.

To me it looks like the bombastic city of New York and the totally baller parties in West Egg mirror the way Gatsby attempts to make himself look all cool. Expect a scene of him breaking the gently caress down in a bleak place with little color.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Cage posted:

The guy who told him to spoiler it mentioned the comic.

Yeah, I read the comic (or the novelization of the comic, at least). Just presuming sensitivity about spoilers, since I've seen people lose their poo poo about lesser plot points. It may just be me projecting: I do that a lot, apparently.

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

QuoProQuid posted:

The second one is fake, just an FYI.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Truancy-Bot posted:

The second one is fake, just an FYI.

Is it? drat. Sorry about that.

Well, I suppose that is a good thing. I had thought the second was a little dull.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Man, I can't wait to watch The Great Catsby.

The weird thing is that this is actually the name of a (surprisingly good) obscure Korean comic.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Madkal posted:

That was dissappointing. I love the Great Gastby but the movie (judging by the trailer) seems to be all falsh with little substance.

Yeah, that's the feeling I got, too. :(

I also wasn't sure about Leo as Jay and now I am even more unsure after seeing the trailer. I love Leo as an actor, but (as shallow as it is) I don't think he has the face for Jay. Maybe that's just me, though...

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Man, I'm not getting any of that at all. Of course it's all flash and style: they're setting up their vision and their world. It's the first trailer, so I don't expect a whole hell of a lot of substance or plot(and we did get some in the back-half of the trailer).

Also, I'm definitely a Leo fan, so I'm not worried about him at all. He, Mulligan, Maguire and Edgerton are half the reason why I'm so excited for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I can't wait for The Great Gatsby featuring CGI car chases and Kanye West as Gatsby, coming this Christmas in REAL D 3D.