Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Vargo posted:

Thanks to Sheldrake and the CineD Secret Santa, I now have a framed copy of this hanging in my house.

I think framing is the only option, really. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Desperado Bones posted:

Here are more posters, the artist is Ernesto "Chango" García Cabral if anyone wants to look more of his stuff:

I hate you, because now I have to watch all of these movies so that I will have an excuse to own these posters.

Also, IMP has their nominations for its annual poster awards up. There's some impressive stuff-- good and bad.

Sheldrake fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 24, 2012

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

User-Friendly posted:

Presented without comment.

Can't be a coincidence that it sounds close to 'Dear God'.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
I need a movie poster font nerd's help. What's the font on the Tree of Life poster?

Also, to contribute, one of my favorite posters:

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Akuma posted:

What the font?

Perfect! Thank you!

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
For half a second, I thought the dog was Kevin Kline's hand, and maybe it was a film about one man's tragic struggle against having Lassie attached to his wrist.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

GonSmithe posted:

Holy hell, the blu-ray cover for The Artist is so awful.

Actually, it's not awful. It's just painfully average, and nowhere near as good compared to the other posters. I don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with this:

I like that both tell you absolutely nothing about the movie, but I guess at least the blu-ray cover tells you it's about that goddamn dog that no one shut up about for a full month.

I like dogs. gently caress that dog.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Sockser posted:

Movie comes out in less than a month and I have not heard of it at all.

I do not predict it will be good.

I've heard of it, so I guess it'll be the greatest loving movie ever made.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Alhazred posted:

I really like this cover of the the Losers dvd, they even got Jock to design it:

Why is that woman shouting "Blam blam"? Is her gun not really loaded?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

kiimo posted:

Every once in a while you come upon an image that makes you want to just end it all. This falls in that category, not because of a bad photoshop, just because I don't want to live in this world anymore because this exists.

If it makes you feel better/worse knowing, it's a pretty terrible movie.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

squarerandom posted:

Not getting enough love. Neither of those posters make me care about that character. Who passes that by and says "Man I wanna watch that girl apathetically text."

Okay, I'll defend the second poster with her on the fuzzy blanket. The movie is Cyrus shaking up her image, with the storyline being about her attempts to lose her virginity. The visual arithmetic in that poster is to show her differently than her Hannah Montana character, and to show her as a girl too involved with her cell phone to even realize that she's supposed to pay attention to the audience; she's too drat self absorbed.

I hate self promoting, but I watched it and was part of that 44k, so here's my review of the movie.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

spookygonk posted:

So is this film title supposed to be as in "laugh out loud" (which everyone, except your gran who has never seen a phone or a computer in her life, knows LOL means) or "lots of love" (which supposedly only David Cameron here in the UK thinks it is)?

It ends with LOL spelling out 'Lots of Love' on screen, so that may explain where Cameron got it from.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Spazzle posted:

"Live and Let Die" was pretty absurd.

That one where he crawls out to the car and has to use a defibrillator to restart his heart was the goofiest loving thing I ever saw, like Austin Powers level goofy.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Aatrek posted:

Thoughts?

Why does this go up to 12, then 13, then 7? Or am I overthinking this?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

WebDog posted:

Someone's gone to the effort of plotting colour trends in movie posters since 1914.

It's a shame they didn't make any movies in 1924.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Yodzilla posted:

That poster is a goddamn nightmare.

It's at least appropriate for the movie in that case.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Baron Bifford posted:

This alternate poster is even more awesome:

A film by Sigmund Freud.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

By the way, in this earlier image they released for the movie, they were able to fit everything that is awesome about these movies in one, still image:

... Buckles?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Mister Chief posted:

How dare they associate the greatest Australian film of all time with that dreg.

Because they made it too?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I don't really know if the tagline is a "joke" or as a selling point, but the movie is (predictably) terrible.

Why are there two guys in bed in the bottom poster instead of the guy and a girl? Will this movie have those edgy 'homosexual' jokes I've heard so much about?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Kush posted:

The international poster for 'Killing Them Softly':

I like it, even with the floating heads. The colour-scheme especially is somehow eye-catching even if it's mostly shades of grey. Kind of Cop Landish.

But I have to ask, what is wrong with Liotta's face? drat, son.

Richard Jenkins is becoming Bryan Cranston. Good career move.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Vagabundo posted:

This, on the other hand is the best tagline ever.

This full size poster is hanging on the wall fifteen feet in front of me. One of my favorites, and it always incites some sort of deep discussions about what, exactly, was he going to train those dolphins for.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

Where would you go about buying such a thing?

Hm, looks like the place I got it from isn't selling it anymore, but you can find a reproduction on eBay for about $20.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

That's a poster worthy of a much better movie. Yes, it's crap, but still much better than the movie.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Mister Chief posted:

This thread is 90% fan made Drive posters.

I had no idea Steve Buscemi was in Drive. Maybe I'll have to watch it now...

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

penismightier posted:

The Frazetta stuff predates that. The middle one in that post is from the late 60s.

Sorry, Star Wars is eternal and therefore everything else is ripped off of it. Go suck a dick, Akira Kurosawa!

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Ever.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Glamorama26 posted:

Tell me more. I'm serious, I've seen this poster everywhere and want to know how bad it is without subjecting myself to it.

I wrote a review of it a couple of years ago. My hatred for it is still burned into my mind.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Darthemed posted:

The original film's poster is nice, even if it's riding the orange-and-blue a bit too hard.

drat CONTRASTING COLORS! I demand an orange and darker orange poster!

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Fayez Butts posted:

Lets talk about a Good Poster

Created by David Fincher. He's also directing two of 13 episodes, all of which will go live on Netflix at once on February 1st. I for one am pretty fuckin psyched.

I presume he had bad luck opening a container of barbecue sauce?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
I presume he's Wob Wiggle's older brother.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Robert Denby posted:

Oh, and here's the poster that'll be handed out to patrons at the IMAX midnight screenings for "Skyfall":

I know I can't wait to see Film About Daniel Craig Standing Behind a Car in London. Hopefully it will be as good as Film About Daniel Craig on his Back, Pointing His Gun to the Right In a Vaguely Suggestive Manner.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Lance Streetman posted:

That looks like something out of Killer7.

Or vice versa.

edit: poo poo, new page. Cool poster:

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

Nick used to actually do some kind of edgy stuff, but dropped off in the past decade or so. This is probably aimed more towards the tween and teen crowd like stuff such as Snow Day had been in the past.

Remarkably, Fun Size also gives off a weird Pete & Pete vibe. I'll probably give it a shot.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Mister Chief posted:

Is Fun Size about a guy with a small dick trying to get laid?

No, you're thinking of Twilight. :rimshot:

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

casa de mi padre posted:

Without the 007 logos slapped all over this I would assume it's a live-action adaptation of some awful anime.

The gold 007 seems especially precariously placed.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

casa de mi padre posted:

The title was dumb, it was dumb when they kept referencing it in the movie ("I have to RISE out of this improbable prison," Batman said.), and I'm glad there weren't a billion crappy vertigo-effect posters telling moviegoers to "rise".

But yeah Batman swoops down from the shadows all the time, kinda weird that they didn't work it into the marketing. Like that cool Amazing Spider-Man poster with the spider-shadow.

"You know, putting my sandwich inside a wrap was a great idea! Just like making that Amazing Spider-Man movie!"

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

That's a hell of a pull quote.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

What's the person with the buns on her head noticing to the left that everyone else is blissfully unaware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I love the bad actor dude playing the cop, who just stares at them asking where Alameda is. He just stares.... and stares, not moving a muscle, not breathing. I'm sure his acting directions were "You think they seem crazy, so you just stare at them incredulously.", but he seemed to take it as "Do your best impression of a mannequin."

That was an actual cop. He was doing security for the shooting. The whole bit was more or less improvised.