Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

echoplex posted:

Typography is hugey, hugely important. It's an art. A lot of 'goons' have taken to recognising one or two standard fonts and ranting about them, much in the same way that many of them in CD cling to the "praaaaaactical effeeects" bandwagon because it's the fast-track way to looking like a Film Connoisseur.

However, rather that than the other instance on here were someone was raging "why does it even matter" that Papyrus was on the Avatar poster, and that it wasn't important. This why we have such terrible posters now, because execs know that people will swallow any old poo poo and that the details don't matter.

It was mind blowing to see someone post 'lol u care about something' when discussing art - albeit commercial art.

I like this. Immediately evocative of the TV movie, and actually quite chilling. I really like Radcliffe and I'm excited to see him in this. The posters showing him beardy and sleep-deprived is a GREAT way to break him out of Potterdom.
Also showing his dick on stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rubber Slug posted:

I know he didn't, it's just that I'll think of that poster whenever I see/hear him, which in turn makes me think of terrible comedies, which makes me unable to enjoy whatever he's in. :/

He is very good in High Fidelity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

I was suprised to see this on the side of a bus earlier.

I likes this when it was called Misfits

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Stop the presses everyone, Bobkatt just discovered genres.

No just the tag line reminds me of Misfits as it says not all heroes are super.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Young Freud posted:

I think it would be funnier if it was his Bachman books, like he forgot that's he's Richard Bachman.

He did write those when he was hosed up

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mustached5thGrader posted:

As a Christian, I can say that there has NEVER been a watchable "Faith-based" film. The worst being Fireproof. A lot of good that did, seeing as how my wife cheated on me and left me :smith:

The life of Brian

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

So this is what The Question would look like if they ever made a movie about the character (and they should).

It would be hilarious if they made a Question movie as people would complain that it is a Rorschach rip off. Also if they do make it, it should be the O'neil Question not the Objectivist one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

penismightier posted:

Well, I do like Blade. And the sequels have Thomas Jane, Mia Kirschner, Iggy Pop, Kirsten Dunst, and Edward Furlong. And they're all on Netflix.

Maybe it's time for a Crow-a-thon?

You forgot Dennis Hopper just completely chewing the scenery.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

I can only guess, but is the Farley featured within the brother of a more talented (and dead!) Farley?

Yes the one that was in American Carol.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I like this one. Not great, but still good.

I want Bitch Hunter the movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ot is a performance of a life time. Also Tosh.o did a segment on Tiptoes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zenintrude posted:

The best (worst) part of this poster is the "Inspired by True Events" tagline; you'd expect the events to be something hosed up, but here's what "inspired" the writer/director:

So it is as true as the The Amityville Horror

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Darthemed posted:

On topic, it's always nice when a poster for a bad movie lets you know in no uncertain terms that it is a movie you should not see.
For me, there's one poster which comes immediately to mind to fit that description.

Clifford is another one

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

It's the whole "American won the war and was loving awesome,and,and look we have a super soldier!" thingy that wasn't very liked by people who aren't comic book readers.

They made a point to show he was not fighting Nazis. Also he was allied with non-americans.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

oldpainless posted:

What is up with actors not playing Hulk more than once? All the Avengers are played by the same people but Hulk has had 3 actors in 10 years.

Bana film being another studio and a box office failure.
Norton being a huge rear end in a top hat to work with and would take control of the movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So it is the ideas of genocide and crushing people as witches?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nuns with Guns posted:

You speak as though Kirk Cameron wouldn't support and/or make positive Christian infomercials about those very concepts.

I know and seeing them would be glorious.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, but look at the difference between his body of work, Warwick Davis', and Peter Dinklage's. Peter Dinklage picks poo poo that is respectable (although sometimes he's in Tiptoes), and has earned a reputation not as a good dwarf actor, but straight-up as a good actor. Warwick Davis was in Star Wars, the Narnia TV series, Willow, Harry Potter (and Leprechaun, but no-one's perfect). Tony Cox is one of those guys whose career has led to him being basically a giant flashing warning light that a movie is going to suck. It's not his stature that's to blame, it's his agent, his taste, or his terrible financial skills.

There is also Michael Anderson. Also sometime Peter Dinklage takes roles in which he gets confused with a child.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

But then why would Doctor Doom cry?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Because of RICHAAAAAAAAARDS!...?

Richards cause him to raise his fist in the air. The Twin Towers being destroyed makes him cry

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

What if Richards destroyed the Twin Towers? Possibly by launching it into space, just to add insult to injury?

Cry first raise fist second, also on one knee

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

So Johnny Depp is kinda dense I guess? You'd think he'd notice after a while that every time he's doing a movie with Tim he ends up talking to Helena for a few months.

Yes and David Bowie makes up songs insulting people when they talk to him at restraunts. Also Patrick Stewart has the power to "see everything".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Jesus Christ, I haven't seen the show. Sorry.

Although I do believe that about Patrick Stewart and don't dare tell me otherwise. :argh:

It did say it was Ricky Gervais so that is a big hint.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mirror Mirror looks like a movie that Eric Robert's should be in

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So we have to use spoilers for things that happened last season?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Max22 posted:

I've always liked Robert Pattinson, because he seemed to have a sense of humor about the Twilight films (which it was obvious he loving hated).

Isn't that the reason he took the role in Remember Me so he could troll the Twilight Fans? That movies ending was amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't know, I think Jaws 3D is ironically terribad. All the cheezy lines, the swaggering brit Simon McCorkindale and his aussie thug assistant, the shark that has now become riduculously large, Lou Gossett Jr. putting on an acting job so bad it's like some sort of neo-minstrel performance, the "it's just a baby, the mother is still inside the park!". It's so bad it becomes good again.

Unlike Jaws: The Revenge, which was just utterly reprehensible. Poor Michael Cain, the only bright light in a sea of poo poo.

He was not able to pick up his academy award since he was filming that poo poo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

I've just realised there's never been a New Zealand film with a "good" movie poster ever.

Maybe The Frightners, but even then....

Does Lord of the Rings count?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

kiimo posted:

Hey you guys Steve Guttenberg totally looks like this now...

And not at all like this...

gently caress Steve Guttenberg
Party Down never forget

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 28, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

Whoah whoah whoah, when did people start using 'spaghetti' incorrectly. The Sergio westerns are the best westerns and thre dollars trilogy are some of my favourites. I always thought 'spaghetti' was the term for the cheesy pulpy westerns that also came out of Italy? Or am I wrong? I'd also agree with who ever said that a lot of American westerns were a bit bland, the best American one I've seen is No Country for Old Men (:colbert: it's a western).

(also, another vote for 'Jackie Brown is the best Tarantino')

Someone needs to see Unforgiven.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I thought that they were trying to separate them from Aliens?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are also: The Island.

All of it.

Or the Smallville episode Hero. STRIDE GUM

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

gently caress you Brits!

:(

It is region free

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A pretty lousy type of film we release here in Canada every so often that's basically "Aren't the Maritimes such a kooky place fill with such odd, endearing characters?!", that then gets roundly ignored. (just like the Maritimes, :haw:)

Also, I hate Molly Parker.

How can you hate Deadwood?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Is it wrong that I once wrote a horror story about the buddies?

And it had that monkey from The Hangover 2 and Community. I guess.

Was the horror story the movie were the dogs died?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

kiimo posted:

We were specifically forbidden from showing any Kirby artwork or mention anything about him in the trailer.

Look out for the next two trailers we're releasing in the next two days, Gangster Squad and The Campaign.

The Campaign in particular was a blast.

Is it to make his involvement a surprise or is it a way to screw the Kirby family out of money?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

New poster for this movie.

To be honest, the second one makes me want to see it whereas the first one didn't really do anything for me.

*no idea if quoted image was leeched or not, so I uploaded it to imgur just in case.

It's quite astonishing how much the special effects have improved in the 9 years between Philosopher's Stone (gently caress that "Sorcerer's Stone" bullshit) and the 7th one. Even the poster for the first one looks a bit poo poo in comparison.

That also has to due with how awful Chris Columbus is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I guess we found something as great as this

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can see how that would be a Ned Beatty moment for some people but it's in the context of a love scene. She's not forced at gunpoint to give Vince Gallo a blowjob. I never really thought of that as demeaning and the prudish fake shock reaction is just ridiculous and silly. People have filmed non-simulated sex before.

She was also dating him at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I like to think that it isn't Alfred, but Michael Caine just refuses to ever get wet in films.

Alfred was John Steed in a former life.