Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Young Freud posted:

I gotta ask what is this really. I know what it's supposed to look like, it looks like it could be close-up of a drawn face or a printed page that, out of context, is being made to look like the abdomen of a naked woman.

A Rorschach inkblot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Everytime I see that poster though I think of the rumour that Spy vs Spy from MAD was going to be made into a movie.

I swear the UK trailer I saw said "Spy versus spy". Either I'm misremembering or it was probably changed for legal reasons.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

The tag line doesn't make sense to me, 'hero' still means good or at least it has good connotations. It isn't the 'Super' that makes it good.

Yes, "Not all supers are heroes" would make more sense to me.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

Wow, that's pretty cheeky!

Too bad they got... bust-ed? I got nothin'

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Jedit posted:

Not a movie, but the UK cover of Charlie Stross's Halting State does something similar. I'd link it, but I don't have time to put it on imgur and I'm not sure if a direct link would contravene the image leeching rules. A quick Google Images search will find it easily enough, though.

Is one of you mixing pixel art with clip art?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Six stars?! Five hearts?! What the hell is going on in Holland??

I hope this is an attempt at running that old joke into the ground, otherwise, gently caress you.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Oddly enough, the poster/cover for Nothing To Lose is not as bad if you take a closer look at it. I mean, Martin Lawrence even starts to look like Martin Lawrence!

I think this is also another one of those odd billing situations. Notice how Martin Lawrence gets credited first at the bottom (on the embedded image).

Rainn Wilson? :monocle:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What the hell is up with Johnson's rifle?

Underslung shotgun.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Lobok posted:

It wouldn't really have mattered if Spider-Man saved people from the World Trade Center.

J. Jonah Jameson would still hate the guy.

Because he's black.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

So Johnny Depp is kinda dense I guess? You'd think he'd notice after a while that every time he's doing a movie with Tim he ends up talking to Helena for a few months.

I'm afraid you are the one who is dense. Life's Too Short is one of those "Celebrities poke fun at themselves" shows.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Screenplay by Richard Matheson? :psyduck:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

Has there ever been a horror film about a man with no skin?

Because that's really gross to me and dripping musculature is terrifying.

Isn't that what Freddy Krueger is? (Nightmare on Elm Street)

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Looks like they included a photo of Natalie Portman by mistake!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

I think he's pretty great in Fright Night actually, he plays up the sexual predator angle of that character quite a bit. So it's a shame the last 3rd of it basically has him playing the Boogeyman.

I had two old(ish) guys leave the theatre after Colin Farrell's character tells the police "You bet I made her scream :smug:". Were they offended? :confused:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

That's pathetic. Is she supposed to be resting her hands on the hood of the car?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's all 8 character posters

The last one looks like they accidentally included a Mortal Kombat character.
Edit:

kiimo posted:

Maybe me dumb, but I didn't know that was a word. I had to look it up to be sure. I can't tell if I like that or hate it.

It's French, look at the release date.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Young Freud posted:

Likely. I don't think most people outside of the Western Hemisphere know what a "gringo" is.

"Get the gwailo", problem solved.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

My understanding is that Danny Dyer is a twat who churns out lovely movies to appeal to people who think the Fast & Furious movies are too intellectual.

Also he suggested that a man who got dumped should cut his girlfriend's face "so no-one would want her". Well, perhaps it was a ghostwriter, but still.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Gonz posted:

Jesus is notorious for his unapolegetic spawncamping.

Whereas Judas is an inveterate team-killer. Joke stolen from Penny Arcade.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Hahaha see if you can see what is extremely wrong with this poster.

i) Why would a bathroom have a separate toilet cubicle.
ii) the cubicle door probably wouldn't close, even without the guy there.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

I'm not seeing the problem with the door fitting into the frame, could someone spell it out for me by drawing reference lines on the poster? :shobon:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

I don't want to continue this derail, but I feel a need to defend myself. I'm talking about when two people use the bathroom at the same time, one showering and one using the toilet. The enclosed toilet space prevents overlapping odors. Thank you goodnight

OK thanks, I've updated my "people I hate and why" list accordingly.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

This is what that Branden Fraser family comedy from a year ago should have been.

I thought that was already a horror film?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Thanks, now I can post about the DVD release in my Coriolanus thread and cause it to edge slightly closer to two pages.

Edit: or maybe I won't bother.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

spookygonk posted:

So is this film title supposed to be as in "laugh out loud" (which everyone, except your gran who has never seen a phone or a computer in her life, knows LOL means) or "lots of love" (which supposedly only David Cameron here in the UK thinks it is)?

I think it's the character's nickname.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Let the marketing blitz begin!

In all seriousness, though, I'm really excited for this. The poster's a little strange, though . . . It looks like two of them only have one leg.

Apparently a teaser's going to be attached to The Dictator. They're really getting the word out on this one.

I think the last two might be standing sideways-on. It made me think of a barbershop quartet, but I can't find a picture that shows what I mean.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hey, buddy, there's only so many sci-fi stories you can write. There's bound to be two stories where there's a space traveler at the top of a mountain throwing a giant boulder at another space traveler standing next to a giant crevice.

I honestly can't remember whether that happened in Solar Lottery or not. I don't want to rule it out because I'm sure there was a chase scene on an asteroid/moon or something like that.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Defibrillators are never used to restart a flatline. It's a common mistake in movies and TV.

Don't worry, Sheldrake is wrong. It was digoxin toxicity (ie. Digitalis) causing V-T which was treated with electrical cardioversion.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

That's already been done, but yeah it's pretty funny.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Olewithmilk posted:

ah, drat. I can't decide if the crow is happy or upset in some way? If he's happy he looks like he is in the process of being VERY happy, if you know what I mean.

I think the consensus was that he's sarcastically rolling his eyes.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Wait, what? I thought this was one of those fake posters, like Ryan Gosling as Walt Disney? :confused:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

That looks like the Jabulani ball,

It looks a bit too easy to handle to be the Jabulani ball :colbert:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Testing my photographic memory, when kiimo posted that poster he said "The MPAA loves this poster, I tell you what".

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Edit: changed my mind.

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 1, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can see how that would be a Ned Beatty moment for some people

Did Deliverance really turn people off Ned Beatty? I assume that's what you're referring to.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised because I can never again watch anything with Rory Kinnear in it, and for basically the same reason. Squeal, piggy, squeal!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

The Jurassic Park one looks like a copy of some Noir poster, of someone caught in a spotlight against a brick wall. Anyone know what I mean?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Okay he would have to have his knees over a bar like a trapeze artist to fit in that bell. It wouldn't be loud at all because it would be him striking the bell and frankly it doesn't look like it would even hurt that bad because his arms aren't even tied behind his back. The ropes would hurt worse than the bell.

He could have had his legs chopped off, also the bell could be struck by a mallet :colbert: :colbert:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Check out these heads haha...

Holy gently caress Ving Rhames has the most ridiculous gun I've ever seen. It actually looks like an MG-42 with a load of crazy poo poo added to it.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Colm Meaney randomly showing up in movies is my favorite thing ever. Under Siege, then The Rock. It's great.

You mean Con Air? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

How on God's green Earth did they manage to make Vera Farmiga look like Barbara Streisand? :psyduck: