Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cool website for B-Movie posters at 300 dpi for the most part: http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Liar posted:

Harry Potter's taken a creepy turn with the latest film apparently.

The version of this in our theater is cropped to just be the photograph, making it anyone's guess what the movie is.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Original poster:

Criterion release:

Both pretty good, but the Criterion release looks much prettier on a t-shirt.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The nippled Dragon Tattoo poster is hanging up here in Charleston, South Carolina, but I don't think anyone's noticed it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I looked at your concept and I think it can be slightly improved.

Adam Lambert is the Crow. He is killed in the middle of being absolutely fabulous, and is empowered with the powers of being the Crow, whatever that means, so he's undead and has the power to rock or something. His mentor is Lou Reed, but Adam Lambert rejects that, because Lou Reed is way too dreary and sees everything in black and white. Lambert thinks undeath needs more colour and being gorgeous. Lou Reed sulks away and Lambert finds a better mentor, Rupaul, who teaches him the powers of Charm, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are Lambert's rivals, and they act as recurring feuding partners with Lambert in making the world absolutely fantastic and amazing and delightful in their own special ways. Everyone is always much happier when the three of them appear together. The second act has them joining forces to defeat something terrible and poo poo, like I dunno Creed or Nickelback.

Gaga and Perry are respectively nearly killed by the assistant of a mysterious villain (the assistant being a zombified Johnny Cash), but are afflicted with some dumbass dark disease so Lambert must confront the dull villain to save them. Rupaul reveals a whole new power to Lambert which he harnesses to fly across a rainbow stream to another part of the undead world. He ends up in a cemetry.

Holy poo poo, Lou Reed is the mastermind after all! Lou Reed reveals he was trying to groom Lambert to be the harbinger of doom and gloom and make the world darker etc etc etc and too bad Lambert was too darling to be into that kind of poo poo. Lambert is like, "bitch, please" and with a flick of his little finger destroys Lou Reed's negativity and dresses him up in an Alexander McQueen and some beautiful Jimmy Choos. Lou Reed cries and learns to move on from being so boring.

The movie ends with a gigantic Glee party with Lambert singing alongside Gaga, Perry, and Henry Rollins too, because why not.

Even as a joke this is such an offensively bad idea for a movie in every single way that it hurts my head to imagine it existing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It's especially bad when you compare it to the original theatrical poster:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Max22 posted:

Somebody hasn't seen Pineapple Express :colbert:

or 50/50 or Observe And Report or Kung Fu Panda or The 40 Year Old Virgin or

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mustached5thGrader posted:

As a Christian, I can say that there has NEVER been a watchable "Faith-based" film. The worst being Fireproof. A lot of good that did, seeing as how my wife cheated on me and left me :smith:

You're way wrong here because the very first and most obvious one that springs to mind is The Last Temptation of Christ.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I quite like most posters for Lars von Trier films, they're often as delightfully twisted as the films themselves.

There is so much innuendo and imagery and allusion in this poster. It's ridiculous.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Not a vagina made of blood, but it's illusory to a scene were :nms: a clitoris is snipped with scissors:nms:.

Note that closing the scissors is impossible without their faces meeting; likewise, it's impossible for their faces to meet without closing the scissors. That's one of the themes of the movie!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
And a spiritual sequel to Escape From New York playing the Snake Plissken character at that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It was never as good as National Lampoon's.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I really like this alternate cover for that lovely movie:

Almost makes me want to give the black and white version a try. Almost.

While I love the movie, I love it even more in black and white. It's very much a feature length Twilight Zone episode without the Serling narration.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Continuing with the terribly photoshopped Liam Neeson phenomena:

Actually, that's Robert Forster. Why did they use a photo of Robert Forster for a poster that's supposed to have Liam Neeson?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I've seen it and I'm into the movie when I watch the trailer. I think it's giving me Beetlejuice and Mars Attacks! vibes, which is a good thing. However, those posters are pretty awful and clearly a product of the Alice/Chocolate Factory era Burton.

I doubt Tim Burton cares enough about the movie posters to make sure they perfectly represent his movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Well, remember that the poster's don't replace each other, they supplement each other. While some of those posters will make you see Safe, the ones that you hate might make a more reluctant person see it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

Still better than the trailer for Cabin in the Woods. "You think you know the story" ... well, yes, I do, since your trailer gives away the big twist in the movie, you loving morons. I hate it when they do that.

It doesn't. I love it when they do that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

I actually own that poster, so no.

Can you tell me where I can buy it? I've literally been looking for that exact poster for quite a while.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Sure, but then they'll completely misinterpret it and see Heathcliff and Catherine as heroic, exemplary protagonists rather than selfish, destructive assholes. If you're going to miss the point that badly, you might as well not read it in the first place.

Teenagers. :argh:

Interestingly, Heathcliff, Edgar and Catherine have a very similar relationship to Edward, Jacob and Bella. It's worth some further analysis.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HoldYourFire posted:

i) Why would a bathroom have a separate toilet cubicle.
ii) the cubicle door probably wouldn't close, even without the guy there.
No, my bathroom looks a lot like that. The door's so someone can shower while someone else shits without the showerer being disgusted. However, our door opens outward.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sockser posted:

Mythbusters

Put toothbrushes every foot from the toilet down the hall to the kitchen. Same amount of fecal bacteria on all of them after a month.
It's gross because it smells.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If your bathroom smells on a constant basis, you're doing something wrong.

I don't want to continue this derail, but I feel a need to defend myself. I'm talking about when two people use the bathroom at the same time, one showering and one using the toilet. The enclosed toilet space prevents overlapping odors. Thank you goodnight

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

I checked on IMDb and Matisyahu is in The Possession. Remember him? The Hasidic Jew guy?

Yeah he's a good rapper. What's he doing in movies?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Madkal posted:

That was dissappointing. I love the Great Gastby but the movie (judging by the trailer) seems to be all falsh with little substance. I know that it is Lurmann's style and all but it just feels like a retreading of Moulin Rouge with the plot of Gatsby thrown in there for some reason.
The movie might be good but the trailer doesn't fill me up with any hope. One of the other big problems from what was shown in the trailer is that the Great Gatsby is about the personal. It is narrated by a character that talks about his experiences and what he witnesses. From the look of the trailer it seems that Lurhmann is more interested in the wider picture, so that it looks like the Nick (the narrator) is just another supporting character who doesn't have to be in every scene.

To me it looks like the bombastic city of New York and the totally baller parties in West Egg mirror the way Gatsby attempts to make himself look all cool. Expect a scene of him breaking the gently caress down in a bleak place with little color.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

frozenpeas posted:

Don't care what you guys think, Dark Knight is going to be amazing...

...This on the other hand.

Is it about a headless Janet Jackson who is given a new one by magic gropehands? :iiam:

I actually like this, it's a spooky horror movie poster and it advertises the film well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Turns out the actual prints of the last few TDKR posters had a QR code that unlocked a Catwoman poster on the official website.

I'm starting to suspect the high heels will be an important prop.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Anyone post "Masque of the Red Death" poster? Its probably my favorite poster.

This is amazing. Look at his nose! His lips!

Vagabundo posted:

And here's the first poster I've seen for Spike Lee's latest, Red Hook Summer.

I haven't the slightest clue of what the movie's about, but it catches the eye and it certainly makes me interested in it. It's just a shame that the majority of his movies recently have been pretty lovely.

This looks just like Do The Right Thing, but red:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Those shotguns would be perfectly fireable, immersion ruined! :mad:

Here's a poster I really love:

Yeah the work on the title is amazing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jasta posted:

If you want a film that sticks to the game's canon, watch Resident Evil: Degeneration. It's not terrible and there's a sequel coming out later this year.

Plus it stars Leon, my favourite RE character. :allears:

Actually, it's somehow more terrible than any live action Resident Evils, but check it out anyway because that's a feat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's a basic plot summary for Oz.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/disney-unveils-new-oz-movie-poster/1

Of more interesting note is the release date. March is starting to become a crowded release period for blockbuster movies.
That's a bizarre cast.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah but goddamn those are beautiful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pick Hard posted:

The sequel to Pontypool. The movie's writer posted this on his Facebook page.

drat that's a busy poster. Looks like an acid trip.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It looks like a candid photo, I'm okay with it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
He wasn't the best part of Deep Blue Sea (LL Cool J,) but he was great in it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I really hope they get to make the Galt speech movie.

It will be the single cheapest, worst, most boring movie ever, and even die hard LOLbertarians won't watch it.

It will be amazing to witness.
This is already the first Atlas Shrugged movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jefferoo posted:

Hey dudes. I heard you like bikes.

Cool poster. Eye catching. Premium Rush sounds like a sequel to Premium Blend though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Speaking of dognapping:

I don't even care what this movie is about, that is an awesome cast.

Tom Waits??? And this is from the writer of In Bruges!!!! I'll be there day one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

'FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU […]" is a dumb enough tagline, but try this for size:

Let's get a closer look at the cast:

Also, is there a way to kill that loving phrase?
Carrie Preston is my mom's old college friend! Cool that she got to direct a movie, she's great on True Blood. That is an unfortunate title though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Some dumb idiot posted:

I don't know if it's been posted, but one of my friends has been using this as his Steam avatar and I love how the poster looks.

(Even if it does creep me the gently caress out.)

Watch the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

New poster for John Dies At The End has been released. While I love painted posters, I find this one a bit lacking.

I love this poster.