Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Two faces you just want to slap the hell out of.

Oh, oh, I recently learned the German word for this: "Backpfeifengesicht!" Thanks, Cracked!

Man, so that was Paul Walker in the 90's, huh? The years have been nothing but kind to him, especially considering he's pushing 40 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Excelsior posted:

I made a couple minimalist posters in about 2 minutes a piece (the longest part was learning how to do that stupid paper effect):

Congratulations, you have proven your point and managed to make me angry at a poster.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Scary Movie 2 was pretty good. I'm one of those people who doesn't really like parody films and SM2 had my willing attention for the duration. Never saw the others, though those SM3 sight gags look pretty great.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is that supposed to be his sister straddling his butt?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

It's not new, but after reading this thread and wandering my local video store, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this on one of the shelves:

Just...classic. Pasty washed-up white guys with orange flare trying to distract from the awful. Gotta love Colm Meaney's expression.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cage posted:

I thought that was the same terribly pasted Colm Meany head as this one but it isnt. This Colm is clearly more concerned.

Wow. Colm looks like a bobble-head version of himself in that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I just noticed, but why is Ray's hand cut off by the frame of the guy behind him when he's standing outside the frame to begin with? What? :psyduck:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Just finished Fatal Games and man, 80s people were loving terrified of transgender people.

I just finished watching Clue again, and for the first time I watched it from the very beginning. I had no idea that Mr. Green's entire thing was he was supposed to be homosexual: It's why he was being black-mailed, and why he makes the joke about sleeping with his wife at the end. Seriously, losing your job because you like guys? It's easy to forget how the world used to be.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Fake poster, but I thought this was cool.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Aren't Titans Barbie Doll smooth?

Yep, and also grotesque as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Huh, I never realized the remake was a remake! It looked terrible so I never watched it anyway.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

As a kid I never really liked the first Short Circuit. It was all about Short Circuit 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Last Michael Keaton movie I watched was White Noise. Did that movie strangle his career for a while or was it something else?

edit: Wow, Michael did White Noise in 2005 and then in 2006 all he got was a bit part in Cars and some independent film, and then nothing until 2009.

And chalk me up as one of those guys who doesn't like most Will Ferrell comedy. I've seen him in Zoolander and while I disliked most of that movie, I liked his part there. I've also liked his shorts that I've seen on the internet. Just something about long-form Will Ferrell makes me unhappy.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 20, 2013

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

DNS posted:

You know what I was imagining the other day? Michael Keaton in Die Hard. It works perfectly. Just picture him going "fists with your toes..."

A complaint I've heard leveled at the Die Hard series is Bruce Willis is pretty much the definition of a bad-rear end now, when the original Die Hard was built on the premise of taking a guy who wasn't bad rear end and having them take that bull by the horns. Bruce was originally known for, what, romantic comedies before Die Hard?

Keaton could probably do a pretty good Die Hard, is what I'm saying.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The broken bones posted:

holy poo poo that pose

That poster looks like the cover to a kicking rad NES title.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Also, Jobs

I don't get the psychedelic scheme.

I swear I read a quote about Steve Jobs where he said he couldn't respect a man who didn't do acid at least once in his life. He purportedly credited LSD trips with expanding his imagination. It's been years since I read that quote though, so I don't actually know if it's bullshit or not. Still, it would help explain the color scheme and it could be an interesting turn if the movie has/had scenes of Jobs doing drugs for inspiration.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

DetoxP posted:

I think he's just pulling the old, "boy, I wish they had made a sequel to The Matrix!"

That would be nice, but I doubt it would hold up against the original.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ez posted:

Didn't it get an SA awful movie review like a decade ago?

Yep. It's one of my favorite reviews because it's just so unbelievable. My wife watched the film several times as a kid because she didn't have cable and it was one of the few movies her local access channel would play. She assures me it is every bit as insane as the review makes out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ah yes. The original American release of Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind. I've heard that Hayao Miyazaki was absolutely heart broken over how it was butchered and it took a lot of hard work for him to be convinced to let the US translate any more of his movies over. It's one of the reasons he has a good relationship with John Lassater; the man understands and respects his movies.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

If they were making posters for the fake films as they were actually depicted in Seinfeld, that would be fine, That would be a valid thing for people to do. But what they did is just nonsense. The fake movies from Seinfeld if they were fake made today? That has no connection to reality at all. The whole premise is just gobbledygook.

edit: I bet the whole reason they did it with modern actors and directors and poster design is because they were lazy. They didn't want to go back, find when the episodes mentioning each movie first aired, figure out which actors and directors would be appropriate to make that kind of movie at that point in time, look at posters for films from the same genre that came out that year, they didn't want to put in the effort to do it right, so they changed the time period, invalidating the whole concept, and slapped some poo poo together that didn't involve much thought or research. It's bullshit, the people who did it should not be praised for it.

Just tell yourself these are the remakes of the films from the show. There. Done.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ez posted:

Definitely.

That poster is neat, though I don't know why Paquita looks 47-years-old.

Maybe they used a modern picture of the actress as their model; she's 48 now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

effectual posted:

There's a seventh?

Oh yeah, Mission to Moscow. I remember that one. (no I don't)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Jesus. How old is Mia Goth? She looks like a like a really young highschooler.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Put that on a digital poster in a theater.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Alhazred posted:

And then he was in Alongside Night. Basically the only highlights in his career since Hercules is...Hercules in God of War 2.

You mean GoW 3. Theseus and Perseus were in 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Why would they photoshop out the cow's udder? Isn't that what's supposed to make cows "funny"?

But udders are totally cow boobs and you can't have naked boobs on a poster THINK OF THE CHILDREN! :byodame:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I think I can get behind probating the posts that bitch about Mondo. Complain about a particular poster on its individual faults; leave the company out of it while you do. Saying "Typical Mondo garbage" is pretty low-effort anyway.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That's an awful lot of loving.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm pretty sure he sticks with the show at least through graduation, because I remember he gave the speech that their graduating class had the lowest fatality rate of any class in Sunnydale history. And I think he comes up again later as part of a trio that gets way too deep into bad poo poo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Regardless of Mondo's justifications, the point that it's hard to get excited about their posters because you'll basically never get one still has merit.

Also I thought bitching about Mondo was probatable in this thread now? Let's not get into another fight about it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

This poster is just awful

Arnie looks like he's about to fart, the person in the back right looks mentally handicapped. It looks like a very cheap DTV cover.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar is Rutger Hauer in Sabotage.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Parachute posted:

Steve Zahn is totally underrated appreciation station. He should start playing a "weird dad" in movies, since he's of-age.

Jesus, Steve Zahn is loving 46.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Those shoes!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Speaking of which, Road Rash is ready made movie fodder. Motorcycle street races where attacking the other racers is expected and encouraged? Just add a kidnapped love interest and some kind of underground snuff-racing TV syndicate that use CC cameras to capture all the action and bam.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

LeJackal posted:

Totally an exaggeration of the process in Robocop where a power drill was used to unbolt the two-piece helmet from the underlying head. I mean the visor swooshes back to reveal the face only, just like Iron Man, and when the visor is open the face is framed just like Iron Man, but this is all a coincidence. :rolleyes:

So similar!

Oh come the gently caress on. It's been 30 years. The cultural perception about how advanced technology is supposed to behave has changed. A helmet face mask that closes itself is a perfectly natural update to the helmet in an era when we're building cars that can drop you off at the front of the store and then park themselves. Your complaint is beyond meaningless.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

He has to be fed baby food, so he still has organs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Chamber (pre-chestsplosion)? Havoc? Hard to tell with just the weird glow around his chest and shoulders.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Isn't Sunspot supposed to be Japanese?

Also the pink covers are definitely a lot easier to read. I still can't really read Havoc's name on his cover because the contrast is poo poo with light blue letters against a blue sky.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Honestly I think leaving the mutants out of the current Marvel movie franchises helps make those films more interesting because they can/have to focus and think around all mention of the mutants. When you can't just be born with magical super powers (on Earth anyway, so Thor doesn't count), the writers have to put a little more thought into things. It also means we don't get any more tedious anti-mutant movements, demonstrations and rhetoric that are all over the X-men products.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

No poo poo. As we've established already, Hugh Jackman already dominates an entire franchise already. Can you imagine if he started having crossovers with Captain America or Thor?