Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Xandu posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the first movie he's done in a couple of years that will actually be shown in a theater.

He's like the black Brendan Frasier. Both aren't exactly awful, horrible actors, but man they choose some lovely roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Jack Black is one of those guys who can either be surprisingly great or just intolerable depending on the material. Loved him in some things, hated his guts in others. Maybe I'm bipolar for him or something.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Jonah Hill looks like he lost a ton of weight.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

What is a Mexican bandito doing in Alaska?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

That is seriously so loving depressive. But hey! The little cute lamb is going to die for God! Yay!

More crappy stuff:

Reasons why it's ugly for me? Aside from being so generic. Look at their EYES. Look at the dragon girl's "sexy" and "cute" pose. It always creeped me out seeing those posters in real life.

Furries will be all over this. Or is it scalies?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

MrBling posted:

I like how it is just a stock publicity photo of John Cena on the cover. At least get one of him wearing a shirt. Unless he is actually shirtless throughout the movie, that would at least be kinda amusing.

I feel like having a shirtless John Cena is probably the biggest draw this movie has for its demographic.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

User-Friendly posted:

Presented without comment.

I can only guess, but is the Farley featured within the brother of a more talented (and dead!) Farley?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I've always thought he was a pretty solid comedian, its just that he was pretty hyper in his performances back when he was still hugely popular.

And, like any popular thing, he had legions of unbearable fans. I know most people on the internet treat him like he's the antithesis of funny, but he's honestly not a bad comedian by any stretch.

His movies are poo poo, though, but hey.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The Triumphant posted:

HOLLYWOOD MAKE THIS MOVIE.

I read about Stardust in BSS a while back and he quickly became one of my favorite characters to appear in any media. His character and the off kilter artwork made me fall in love immediately.

For those who don't know, he's a Superman type who's even more of an rear end in a top hat than most evil versions of Superman. Once, he found a bunch of secret commies, turned them into rats with his powers, and then DROWNED THEM.

He can fire 'retarding rays' from his eyes (don't worry they just slow things down).

A Stardust movie would be so loving brutal.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Captain America should at LEAST be in front of Hawkeye.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Why does everyone like Kristanna Loken? She has literally never been in anything good. From Mortal Kombat: Conquest to T3 to Painkiller Jane to Bloodrayne, everything she is in is absolute poo poo, and she is poo poo in it.

Because her name pretty much declares that there's a 70 percent chance of breasts in this movie.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Speaking of XXX parodies, someone in PYF posted about the XXX Family Guy one. The trailer for it was funnier than any episode of Family Guy. Look it up.

I love this gif so much I'm debating getting it as an avatar, but I love my robo-doggy so much...

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

No mars? If that means no triple titty tart, then gentlemen I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

This is incredible. I almost want to buy it as an avatar, and I have avatars turned off.

If you wanna make it avatar sized and post what kind of text you want, I'll totally buy it for you. Not because I'm a nice guy or anything, but because I would love to see that face more often, it's like a rainbow being beamed directly into my soul.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

EVERY FAIRY TALE NEEDS ITS HERO.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This is a great post.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

Last year, the Samuel Goldwyn Company gave you two of the most bizarre and unintentionally hillarious posters to ever grace theaters.

Face: rough, weathered, basically the surface of mars

Arms: Smooth as a babies rear end

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I usually hate most of Tarantino's offerings for some reason but I really loved Inglourious Basterds.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I think that's actually the point of the movie. You typically always want to side with the protagonist. Especially when the antagonist is about to cut his drat balls off!!!!

It's just that this time the protagonist happens to be a pedophile/possible murderer. It made the movie challenging, and I liked it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The Best Thing about Birdemic is that I saw like 40 copies of the Birdemic DVD for sale at the Best Buy movie section, it was like 15 dollars too. Best Buy is a lovely store with an even shittier movie selection but that was really funny to see.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I kinda figure New Zealand would be welcoming to immigrants of all nationalities. I mean as long as they aren't sheep.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Some day when I'm a big Hollywood producer, I'm going to buy the rights to adapt old film posters into new movies, ignoring the bad B-movies themselves. I mean come on, adapting this could be incredible:

This was my second favorite movie as a kid. It's absolutely bonkers retarded. Please watch it if the opportunity presents itself.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Dillbag posted:

Is it bad that I saw goatse even without the fingers?

Maybe a bad poster, but definitely intriguing. Especially the tag line.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Lasher posted:

It's a shame Scary Movie 2 & 3 get lumped in with the whole "Movie Movie" lot.

Not Another Teen Movie is another great parody film that gets lumped in with the others a lot. It's loving hilarious, imminently quotable, and there's a lot of great details that most people miss on the first viewing.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'd buy a Man of Steel poster if only it had that guy in the foreground from Action Comics #1 on it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

LeJackal posted:

I feel stupid. What am I missing?

Count me as confused too. Just noticed it's rated R as well.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Except that The Dude basically WAS Jeff Bridges, man.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

I own this, and I watch it every few months. It's a great drinking movie. There is no part of this movie that isn't hilariously dumb.

Wow, Laser Mission. I can confirm that everything this man says is true. This is really a rare, prime example of "so bad it's good." I got it in a set of 100 awful sci fi movies but this is great. And Brandon Lee is a really charasmatic guy in it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't you ever apologize for creating something beautiful.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

I can't tell if this is a step up from the DVD, or worse?

It's entirely possible that the Chevy Chase featured in this film is a dog named Chevy Chase. It's a pretty great dog name and a bad person name.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

High Warlord Zog posted:

Old "men-on-a-mission-movie" posters are the best posters.

...I must see this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

It's my favorite movie about an Rock Band made of Interracial Ninja Orphans Who Love World Peace. And I'm not kidding.

But seriously, this movie is so earnest and it's got a lot of heart. I will never not love it in all it's cheesy glory.

Watch Miami Connection.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

But wait, that's not all

(but who cares because gently caress yeah Vision)

Who's gonna play Vision?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I love you and I love skull post.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

That Dirty Dozen poster has one of my favorite taglines of all time.

Train them! Excite them! Arm them!
Then turn them loose on the Nazis!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Yeah it reminds me of that scene in Godzilla where we swims under that aircraft carrier and just dwarfs it. Although if they go full balls to the wall insane with it and that's it's actual size, I am down.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

These were posted in the greenlit thread but I think they belong here

Promo shots for the new Terminator.

She...actually looks kind of similar to Linda Hamilton in the face, I think.

Which mixes my age old crush on badass T2 Linda Hamilton with my newer crush on beautiful game of thrones lady

this is getting weird guys

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Ugh I hate Charlie Brown. I'm baffled as to why its even popular. I know, I know I'm probably that goon but still.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Cacator posted:

Teaser poster for Bond 24:

It's probably meant for more dedicated Bond nerds such as myself, since the cracks and bullet hole are meant to look like an octopus (SPECTRE's logo)

HAIL HYDRA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

One day someone will cast Johnny Depp as the biggest challenge in his acting career: a Normal Dude!