Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thinking about buying this, as Lebowski is my favorite film of all time.. Yay or Nay? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BIG-LEBOWSKI...#ht_3139wt_1037

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

And it's a reproduction. Hell no.

poo poo, I didn't catch that. Glad I asked you fellas. Wish I'd known about the real thing when it came out, the only real copy on ebay is 1500.00, and that's way out of my price range.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 24, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Wayans hold the distinction of having one of the worst critical burns I've ever seen in a review "Scary Movie 3 was written by 6 people including the Wayans. What'd they do, pass around the crayon?"

Still not as bad as Ebert's burn on Rob Schneider, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They were more like affectionate homages.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I distinctly remember reading a comic where the tagline for Lost and Found was "One of these dogs must be spade". Three thoughts:

1)Why did they think somebody reading an X-Men comic would go see a romantic comedy starring David Spade?

2)I am genuinely not sure if that tagline is better or worse than the one posted previously, in that they may be equally lovely.

3) Who did Spade blow to convince he was a leading man? I mean, I used to like Hollywood Minute on SNL too, and that burn on Eddie Murphy is one of the harshest jokes I've ever seen anybody get away with on SNL, but that does not equal box office.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 14, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So in other words, a lazier Family Guy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Farbtoner posted:

Does it really count as "riding the orange-and-blue" if it was made two decades before that really became A Thing?

You know that joke about how between the months of September and October every food product imaginable comes in pumpkin spice flavor? Movie posters all come in orange and brown.

Um, this seems like a pretty blantant rip off, poster-wise, how was there not a lawsuit?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

I think we'd have loads of lawsuits if everyone sued for simular posters.

Fair enough, this example just seemed pretty drat egregious to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Fun Sized looks like Superbad without the funny stuff and replacing the protagonists with teen girls instead of dudes. But I also thought the trailer looked poorly cut, so it could be good, in theory.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've also seen people claim that Bono only seems to speak up about the causes he promotes when he has a record coming out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Or maybe he said yes to it thinking that being too picky about scripts post-Oscar could hurt him, or he said yes before he won.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully in Milius they discuss him being partially the inspiration for Walter Sobchak in The Big Lebowski.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That guy playing Iggy is the Foo Fighters drummer. That's an.....interesting choice.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

IV had NUCLEAR WESSELS.

HOW CAN ANYBODY HATE ON IV?!?

I originally read this as Nuclear Weasels.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well, that poster does what it probably set out to do: Set the record for the most exclamation points on a movie poster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I thought that movie took place in College.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Blind Fury looks like a Naked Gun spin-off, if that poster is to be believed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CaptainHollywood posted:

It was a rai for a rai :v:

Well done.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Why Don't You Play In Hell sounds great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

As I recall, somebody tweeted Randy that and he played right along. Good times.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't tried a "Satan falls for a lady" comedy lately. I don't really count Little Nicky and Witches of Eastwick was a while ago. Also, I wouldn't really call Witches of Eastwick a traditional romantic comedy.

Re: notable versions of the Devil, what'd you guys make Pacino in the Devil's Advocate? I know it was hammy, but I figure the devil is supposed be kinda bombastic.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 1, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I thought you meant, the actress was 15 when they shot this.

I was gladly proven wrong.

e: a disturbing number synopsis of her early 70s films start with "(She) is a 16 year old girl" and end with words like 'sexual debauchery'.

That reminds me of a scene from a Charlie Brooker doc (I think it was the 2012 year in review) where he discussed the Jimmy Saville case, and how some felt the reason Saville went unreported was the incredibly cavalier attitude people in the TV and Film industry had about sexuality and young people in the 70's. Then he showed a clip of a Porky's ripoff from the 70's made in the UK, called Confessions of a Window Washer, which showed some kid narrating how he sees "interesting things", and by interesting things, he of course means underage schoolgirls undressing in locker rooms. This is of course meant to be hilarious.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redeye Flight posted:

God. And Do The Right Thing was one of my favorite movies. Kind of undermines the premise when the hero who wasn't afraid to start a goddamn riot now just brushes off a dude who comes to him with a problem with something of his.

Guess this is one of those times where you'll have to separate the art and the man. Although considering how political Spike's flicks (and that one in particular) are, I can understand why that would be hard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd be interested to see how Spider-Man 3 would have turned out had Raimi not had to shoehorn Venom into it. I also found it it kinda funny that Topher Grace was playing Eddie Brock, considering that I thought he would have made a pretty good Peter Parker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love this poster, just for the noose

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing we can probably all agree on: Aaron Paul getting more opportunities to get paid and do cool poo poo out of Breaking Bad is a good thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Mask of the Phantasm is a really good movie, too. Wouldn't mind them doing a live-action version.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
gently caress, I loved 24 Hour Party People.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

echoplex posted:

I just sort of feel that the footage is already out there - it happened, it was documented, it was very real. Any take on it sensationalises it, and maybe I don't mean 'demeans' it but it does kind of demean it - the audio file out there is full of real, tangible, human emotion, a dramatisation or even a derivative work like this just seems surplus to sum human requirements. It's an odd position to take which I wouldn't normally, but something about this kinda bugs me.

One of the worst things I've heard so far in this young year is that there are Jonestown apologists.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Okay, now that's just insulting.

For a while, IMDB attributed every piece of poo poo Brucesploitation flick made after Bruce Lee's death to the real Bruce Lee. Thankfully, they fixed it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
DDP is probably hired muscle for the bad guy. He's a pretty big dude, like 6'6.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Could have spoilered that.

It's in the trailer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It sucks that there isn't a decent poster for the Big Lebowski. All the official ones are generic as hell.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 17, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Slate Action posted:

You don't like this one?

Not really. The tagline is fantastically stupid, and it really tells you nothing about the movie. And visually it's nothing to write home about.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cage posted:

Why do you need the movie poster on your wall to explain the movie?

I just think good posters accomplish this, generally.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yep. He is three rungs below Seagal.

That said, only one one of them bragged about how he couldn't be choked out, only to get choked out by Gene Lebell so bad he shat himself.

It wasn't Norris.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I made the mistake of seeing what James Woods posts on Twitter, and it's literally all anti-Obama talking points.

Aw man! I wish you hadn't told me that. I always thought James Woods seemed like a cool guy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Weren't Chuck Norris facts a spinoff of Vin Diesel facts SA did years ago (which were a spin off of Bill Brasky from SNL)?

I thought Mr.T facts came before Vin?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2012/03/jude-gene-lebell-confirms-choking-steven-seagal-until-seagal-pooped-himself/

Here's Lebell talking about choking him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rirse posted:

Another goon will probably post some other examples, but this one always comes to mind.

Also this one that isn't like that, but just hilarous for the random mention of Leo.

I don't know if Half Baked is a good example because Dave wrote it in addition to starring in it, and the film, unlike a lot of the others listed here, is somewhat well known.