Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How could anyone make a poster for this movie, and resist photoshopping a cigar-holding hand near Mortensen's mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

They actually photoshopped that out of the original:

Well will you look at that.

Not really good, of course. I don't know how that anatomy is supposed to work. Is it photoshopped out because of anti-smoking censorship or something?

Desperado Bones posted:

We have all seen how non-white actors are removed from foreign posters. Now, how about the contrary!
Adding a Mexican actor for Mexican audiences in a lovely poster, for a lovely movie:

Now, this is ~ART~!

Edit: Katie Holmes photoshopped face is gold.

No, 3rd Street Saints! What happened to you guys?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

penismightier posted:

"Also a dog."

Puppy.

Because alliteration.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like somebody is a victim of misleading marketing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vikings: also too cool to look at burning stuff behind them. Also, Dominic Purcell looks weird with that hair; maybe because I'm more used to seeing him with less.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cacator posted:

"Jon Foo" is an actor of Irish-Chinese descent. In a viking movie.

Those Chinese got around, man.

There's a Conan at least.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

anyoldactress posted:

The DVD cover for Womb has been revealed. A film where Eva Green has to deal with the complexities of giving birth to a clone of her dead boyfriend Matt Smith.

I thought it was Adrian Brody for a moment there. Probably because it reminds me of scenes from Brodyquest.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Mad Men promo poster.

And this Hungarian poster for Shame is said to have been banned. No tits or genitals, but maybe I should just link it in case it's :nws:.
http://i.imgur.com/ZQSzJ.jpg

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rap Music and Dope posted:

What the gently caress is with this tagline?

Do you mean the character quote or the "conceived from the best-selling book"?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

NINbuntu 64 posted:

That's a great poster except it makes me think the title is "KUATO LIVES" even though I've seen Total Recall.

I would totally watch a Total Recall spinoff based on Kuato with that title.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Max22 posted:

Appropriate, since the 21 Jump Street movie is said to have a Hot Fuzz vibe to it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bimmi posted:

I love the look on Dick and Pete's face. It's like they haven't seen a woman for months, unsurprising given their location, and this just broke their brains.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I doubt this would beat Clifford in the amazing movie poster department, but it comes close.

Everyone seems either disappointed or amused at the guy in the coffin not being dead. "Oh, that guy. This is the 5th time he did this!"

Maybe the guy in the foreground is a ghost who haunts the funeral parlour and is sick of this poo poo. "This is the 5th time this happens. gently caress it. Hey everyone, my head comes off, because I'm actually a ghost. Boo!"

At least, that is the movie I'm hoping for based on this poster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Found this on imgur. Pretty clever. I wonder if the ads are real, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jefferoo posted:

Anyone else in NYC been noticing posters of Woody Harrelson in a cop uniform beating the poo poo out of a restrained dude with the caption "I WORK FOR YOU" because it's pretty surreal to see in the wild.

Is it for Rampart? The only think I know about that movie is the PR misstep of trying to promote it through a Q&A session at Reddit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vincent posted:

Could you elaborate please? I know a bit about the movie (it's about an rear end in a top hat cop, right?) and I'm really interested in that whole reddit thing.

Woody Harrelson announced on Twitter that he will hold an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session at Reddit. An AMA is basically like the Ask threads in Ask/Tell, where the redditors can ask the person holding it anything. Celebrities have participated before (here's one Ali Larter did). Surprisingly, knowing Reddit's reputation, some pretty good questions do get asked.

Woody Harrelson's session did not go well. Even ignoring the 'did you deflower a girl' question, everything he answers is either twisted to be about Rampart or very vague. He did not even stay there long.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yeah, there's simply no way that any movie could've lived up to what's being depicted here.

It's Army of Darkness if Ash is a surfer instead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is that moustache hastily glued or what?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Farbtoner posted:

awful TV programming

Some of those things were created by goon, weren't they?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

He's the second coming! He's running on water to protect human kind.

Remember how John Carter is an immortal was sort of treated like Jesus by the oppressed Martians? This is the sequel to those books. Those aliens are Martians he defeated and are now out for revenge.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Due to my headache, I have confused the plot to Junior and The Devil's Advocate. I now want to see a movie where a politician played by Arnold is about to give birth to the antichrist because he hosed his sister, after being tempted by the Devil (plaved by DeVito).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Captain Geech posted:

What a dick. What the gently caress did that turtle ever do to him?! :mad:

It's like the shark wants to save his fins so he told the guy that turtles are worth much more in Chinese restaurants.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kush posted:

You are about to get arrowed:

This makes me think of a movie about aging rival archery champions. Now they each have a teenage daughter who are also archers, and the competition between them is reignited through the girls.

Also, one of the archers is Pentagon employee Maximus who is secretly an immortal champion of Zeus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My life is incomplete, INCOMPLETE, until I can buy a Region 3 DVD of Torque.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

Why? What's special about the Region 3 version? Since I live in the right region and all....

I live in DVD "region 3". Which is why I was unable to buy DVDs when I go to the Middle East or Australia. That said, sometimes there are those DVDs that has no region restriction stated on its package.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!! Why isn't Cabin In The Woods opening in Malaysia soon?! Note that I haven't read that spoiler at all; your reactions to it makes me want to see it so bad.

Anyway, speaking of Malaysia, this movie poster seems to have an awfully familiar style and font.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can only imagine Crews trying to sing A Thousand Miles while wasting the enemies in that poster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

He's in it, but it doesn't look like he's a main character. In fact, it looks like he gets killed off early(or at least taken out of commission)

He gets shot and appears to die, but during the end credits there's a voice over saying he's in a coma and is recovering.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That The Artist cover just had to get the dog on there, huh? I think he's actually more well-known than the lead actors by now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sheldrake posted:

Why is that woman shouting "Blam blam"? Is her gun not really loaded?

Obviously she is a fan of The Phantom. And is also a goon who reads the comic strips thread in BSS.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wolfbane, in which Bond must stop the plans of an ancient cabal of werewolves that were affiliated with the Nazis.

They tried to put werewolves in the Lone Ranger movie, so why not?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spazzle posted:

"Live and Let Die" was pretty absurd.

Was that the one with Baron Samedi?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sheldrake posted:

That one where he crawls out to the car and has to use a defibrillator to restart his heart was the goofiest loving thing I ever saw, like Austin Powers level goofy.

Defibrillators are never used to restart a flatline. It's a common mistake in movies and TV.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm just sad that Moby Dick 2010 isn't about a killer future cyborg whale.

2010 still sounds futuristic to me, dammit.

Also, this rules:

It's really weird that he's the "original" yet he has freakin' guns, when his 'imitation' is still stuck with a scimitar.

If that picture is representative of the movie, it might be better as a video game. Something like Far Cry or Uncharted but with giant monsters.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 25, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mistaya posted:

Little kids LOVE Madagascar. They really do. I've got quite a few young cousins (6-9) and you can't get them to sit still for Wall-E but Alex the Lion is like hypnotizing or something. It's a lot of slapstick Looney-Tunes style humor with animal jokes. Putting it on Shrek's level is unfair.

(That poster is terrible, though.)

Madagascar is popular enough that Universal Studios made an entire section of their theme park into "Madagascar", at least in Singapore. It's right next to Shrek, so they probably see it as a comparable franchise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Any chance of a Fire Twister vs Tsunami movie?

I hope we also get Werewolf Dog. Only it's not a horror movie, but a drama about a dog who embraces his lupine heritage.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have seen various promo stuff for this, and I don't remember anything involving football in any of them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kinda disappointed Grant Morrison is not the writer for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Why is there a butt spider on his board?