Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kiimo posted:

And I would love to watch this...

Looks more like a live-action adaptation of Geri's Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Jasta posted:

I want to see so many of these films. Not really actively watch them, but put them on during a Sunday afternoon while I do other things. All those guns and sure to be awful one liners would make for great background noise.

These are not crazy multi-guns, but lots of guns nonetheless. This was also one of my favourite movies as a kid and I still find it quite fun to watch.

That's some good mugging.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Why not have the claws out on the hand holding the sword?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

"Special Appearance by Martin Mull"

Really though, isn't every appearance by Martin Mull special?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

I'm convinced that this movie was designed by Tim Buckley.

What's with her little baby hand?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How is that not directed by Peter Berg? Or is he only doing movies based on a true story now?

Also, how in the gently caress is Affleck still getting work? He's an alcoholic date rapist, and yet the only thing that's happened so far is that he's no longer Batman.

This is pretty ironic since Chandor was going to direct the BP spill movie, then got fired for not making it Wahlberg-y enough and they brought in Berg.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

ruddiger posted:

John Hawks on the highway

The trailer park shootout

The 50 cal tearing through the car full of dudes

Every time Colin Farrell says the word “mojito”

That movie rules.

"What will happen is... what will happen is I will put a round at twenty-seven hundred feet per second into the medulla at the base of your brain."

I don't know if the stutter was in the script or if the actress just fumbled the line but it helped make the scene memorable.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

The makeup on Farrell is some of the best I've ever seen. He's completely unrecognizable but it also looks very real, it doesn't look like prosthetics.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten crap for putting a slim actor in a fat suit.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like I know they'd never dare making a Batman movie that looks like Schumacher's again, but man, someone try for film noir or sleek late-60s thriller or something!

To hear the hype machine tell it, this is a film noir Batman story.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
A fun Batman movie would be a change of pace. Something with a competent Batman taking on colorful villains in a standalone story. So basically another Schumacher movie.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can call the those movies a lot of things, but fun ain’t one of em

Batman Forever is pretty fun and good.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

If your opinion is that camp is fun regardless of content I guess

It gets silly but Forever isn't camp. It's actually very easy to read it as a continuation of Keaton's Batman and the themes Burton explored. Batman and Robin, on the other hand, I will not defend.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Madkal posted:

Forever had Carrey who was hamming it up to levels never thought possible and Tommy Lee Jones trying to outham him. It was the full blown campy stupidity that Batman and Robin was but it was definitely heading in that direction.

It's not like DeVito and Pfeiffer were playing it straight in Returns. The Penguin bites someone's nose off and rides a mini-Batmobile so I'd say Carrey and Jones' performance aren't that big of a departure. Schwarzenegger and Thurman are a different story because they speak exclusively in quips.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah. I can't sanction that buffoonery.

It's interesting that TLJ would say that, then buffoon it up himself. Makes me wonder if he was pushed into acting that way.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kdrudy posted:

You might be surprised to learn it involves pearls bouncing in a poorly lit, dirty alley.

The trend away from the Waynes being sympathetic dogooders to one percenter assholes is something interesting Batman movies are doing, like in Joker and maybe The Batman based on the ads.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s not terribly intersting because Bruce’s parents aren’t terribly important.

They're pretty important in Begins and Joker and at least one great episode of TAS.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hope the next Batman hasn’t been born yet.

May RBattz reign last for a thousand years.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Larryb posted:

Weird that Coleen O'Shaughnessey doesn't get a credit despite Tails being on the poster

Tika Sumpter's face is on the poster and that's still not enough.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think it's funny that Thor of all characters is going to be getting a fourth solo movie in this continuity. Not Captain America, not Iron Man, not Spider-Man, not even Hulk. loving Thor.

Captain America and Iron Man have good complete stories across seven or eight movies that you can watch separate of the rest of the MCU but Thor gets the short end of the stick in Avengers and Age of Ultron and there's a bit of a gap in his story between AoU and Ragnarok so he needs the added attention.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

If I could be in funny movies where I got paid to work out and make jokes, I'd never give it up.

I think the working out is specifically a reason why Evans wanted out.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's a fitting comparison given how Reeves made the Joker into Hannibal.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I like the idea of making the Joker Batman's Hannibal. If he's going to become a staple like Gordon and Alfred, and it certainly feels like he has, it's a lot better than trying to compete with Nolan and Ledger's take. Hopefully Reeves never makes him the primary antagonist.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The best part of the Joker scene is that he predicts the entire movie.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Chef is great and it being Favreau post-Iron Man and burnt out is just the cherry on top

It's pretty funny that he followed it up by becoming Disney's in-house director though.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Should've made it in the shape of mouse ears.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I miss Phil Hartman.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They had me at A24 and Bryan Fuller.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
A movie about Mrs. Vorhees killing everyone in the 50s has potential.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's so strange that Danny McBride has one of the best shows on TV and then makes these awful (or awful sounding) horror legacy sequels.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

davidspackage posted:

I just can't get over how pointless it feels to make a movie about an off-page segment in the middle of Dracula. If it pulls off some crazy, amazing twist, I hope somebody'll tell me.

What's the point of a vampire movie supposed to be? We've got a monster in a tight space who's presumably going to gently caress poo poo up. Sounds good to me.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I actually think it looks neat.

Personally, I think it's pretty clever to take the part of the Dracula story that most adaptations (and there have been at least dozens) leave out. This is more interesting than remaking Nosferatu yet again.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

So you're saying make a movie about the cowboy?

A movie about a 19th century cowboy hunting a vampire in Europe? Yes please.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Lobok posted:

Yeah right, what's he gonna use against Dracula and all his creatures of the night? A bullwhip? That idea will never work.

I'm going to watch Young Indiana Jones vs. Dracula and get back to you.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I was hoping he was done with this poo poo.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I wonder how they'll work in a "Guys like you in prison" reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Cage posted:

Not a poster but what is with Bighead Quaid on this dvd?

Is it just me??

I think he just has a big head.