Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Comic book movies finally have a raison d’etre if it means keeping Leto busy and away from movies I would care about.

He showed up in BR2049 and managed to be the worst part of that though so this strategy isn't working for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alternate posters for Everything Everywhere All At Once

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Christopher Nolan Use Another Font Challenge

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The next Candyman should start exactly like that. Ideally they'd market it the same way and never even reveal it's a Candyman movie until 2/3 of the way through.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

I didn’t like that movie because it didn’t go far enough

His new one, Sisu, whips fuckin rear end and is super goopy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah it's a film. There's been a series in development for HBO from David Gordon Green, Danny McBride and I think Michael Dougherty for some time though, completely unconnected to this movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's Hulu which means that here in Canada it'll be on D+. You know what that means.

Pinhead👏is👏a👏 Disney👏 Princess👏

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Have her walking around Disney world you cowards!

Imagine walking out of Its A Small World and Pinhead is standing there. Delicious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've seen Triangle and puking is kind of a big part of it. It's a great movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Modern Leper posted:

Eh, I'm not here to win an argument. Open-eyed projectile vomiting was a shock, even if it totally fits in the thread, and I would have appreciated a tag or a heads up.

Oh I didn't mean to dispute that. I don't want to see that first thing in the morning either. TBH I don't even like it on the poster, not because it's gross but because when it happens unexpectedly in the movie it's pretty funny.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/JadedJada7/status/1599923520271548416?t=dLOsGLOTK7rnWq74jL7v7g&s=19

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Barbie is a children’s brand. This movie doesn’t look like it’s gonna be targeted at children. Maybe adults with nostalgia would wanna watch it. But they’ve teased it with this pretty artsy trailer. I don’t doubt it could succeed but in terms of audience targeting this does look like a mess.

I just watched it with my kids (9 and 5) and they were SCREAMING at the end. If this thing is as self aware as Life in the Dreamhouse, which might be the most underrated kids show on Netflix (and like this trailer, features a hilarious parody of 2001) , it'll do well with kids and adults.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

I've got hopes for the Barbie movie. I feel like from the getgo they know they could never fulfill the expectations of an official Barbie movie in the minds of children and the only way out of an unwinnable situation is to get real loving weird with it.

If my kids are any indication, all they care about is that Barbie, Skipper, the other sister, the house, the horse, and the camper show up somewhere on screen and whatever else can be for the parents. And i think most of those were somewhere in that trailer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lobok posted:

Only 30 seconds? I want him to go John Galt on the audience's rear end.

What like some kind of filibowser?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Only if it treats his Gremlins 2 cameo as a true event

Or being the original bassist for Metallica

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like your one and only job when designing a poster for a Megaladon movie is to emphasize the scale of the thing, so not a great choice to have it in close up next to a tiny dog.

Even if that was the tiniest dog of that breed that's still a heckin big shark.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All I want for Christmas is a Tony Jaa vs Iko Uwais fight. Give it the whole running time of the movie, I don't care

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TVGM posted:

Is it uncommon for Netflix to have a poster/announcement for something 6 months out? Feels like it's usually a month at most.

Depends on high profile it is our how much they think that property will reduce churn (i.e "I was gonna cancel but ____ is coming out soon". For stuff like Stranger Things and Black Mirror they'll start promoting it longer out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've seen it, it's not terrible and has a bizarrely good voice cast but nothing my kids and certainly I have thought about since then.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It looks like the exact flavour of stupid I'm down for. My concern would be if it didn't lean hard enough into its stupidity and took itself too seriously

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Is there a particular style of poster I don't know about, like at film festival or something that's like that, if so why? Who the hell's going to read all that?

It's exactly that. They usually put them up for films looking for funding or distribution or both, where there's an elevator pitch or summary and they're in the industry area of a festival. I doubt it's meant for the public.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So is 'Evil Stalks' on a poster featuring a corn field

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao I want this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's absolutely not Kristen Stewart lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Adbot