Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Or the Smallville episode Hero. STRIDE GUM

Or when Bones pretty much stopped in the middle of a scene to extol the virtues of MY NEW SUBARU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorgaineDax posted:

Oh look, finally a poster is made so people can't complain that the names don't match the order of the faces! Are you happy now, Sockser?

Holy gently caress they made a movie just for me. How kind!

Ominous Jazz posted:

I didn't know they were making a Killer Seven movie!

Not enough luchadore. :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait, who is Tom Hardy playing in the new Batman movie? And why is Tom Hardy suddenly in everything all of a sudden.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

So Michael Bay is making a non-action movie about a pair of criminal body builders, and the poster is... actually not bad.

If the movie doesn't end in the North Hollywood bank shootout I'mma be so mad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jedit posted:

Ice-T - now available in white!

Unless this is a "Ice-T as Gary Busey" joke you are really bad at this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

Yes, because being a virgin is as bad as being a drug dealer. Brilliant!

Hit a bit close to home, bucky? :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wendell posted:

Uh oh, it's the backlash backlash.

To be fair, the Mondo backlash got old months ago and now it's just annoying.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

To be fair, "two animals playing together" is one of the most cliche animation student finals ever. Right next to "two guys stuck on a desert island", "inanimate objects come to life and dance", and "person becomes irrationally angry at a fly/bird/etc."

You could do just about anything with that concept and wind up close to somebody's student film just due to sheer saturation

Oh look it's ...of SCIENCE! making GBS threads all over the floor for no real discernible reason, it must have been five minutes since that's last happened.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eminkey2003 posted:

Goons hate Mondo? Can someone explain? I thought Mondo was like the Criterion Collection of posters. Last time I checked goons loved Tyler Stout.

SMG said he didn't like Mondo posters one time and welp

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

"A Spike Lee film" +1
That dumb hammer -1

My god do people still have this weird fixation on the use of the word "joint"?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Nic Cage is a fundie? :smith:

Nic Cage doesn't turn down any role, kinda like Christopher Walken.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A crime-thriller with a Ramapo Indian villain played by Woody Harrelson? Hot drat, what took them so long?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I Before E posted:

This might be the worst derail I have ever seen.

What are you talking about, LeJackal is losing his goddamned mind over absolutely nothing, it's amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DNS posted:

Uhh he's right actually and he's being really reasonable about it.

Except he's not, he's throwing a shitfit at Joker and making fake quotes and everything, it's the funniest poo poo I've seen in this subforum in months.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pycckuu posted:

I'm confused why you guys are complaining, her arms look fine. In fact, most human arms extend way below the waist.

Unless of course this is one of those "aaaah she is too sexualized PATRIARCHYYYY" discussions.

I know my idealized sexual form of a woman is arms the length of pool noodles.

Honestly do you think about things or does that just slow down how fast you can post

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I think people are thinking far too critical on these.

It's a remix.

Ever see The Shining trailer re-cut that made it into like a romantic comedy/G rated Family film? That was clearly making you feel something different about the material and it was clearly trying to make you think of other movies. That was the point.

Or look at stuff like the Cardigan's cover of "Iron Man" or Superhumanoid's cover of "March of the Pigs". I won't compare with Richard Cheese because his whole point is parody. You hear these songs and feel something completely different to the original... but that's okay.

But now you have a poster from a science fiction movie that takes a noir direction on it and it's now a criticism and a bad bad poster. I guess I don't agree with that point of view. I too hate how Mondo posters turn into a huge discussion thing and don't want this to happen again but I feel it's one thing to say, "That's a poorly designed poster" and another to say "That poster is bad because it doesn't stay on theme". It's not supposed to.

But to each their own I guess.

no No NO all posters must be a Wikipedia plot synopsis in pictorial form for it to be a good poster, a good 80% of this thread says so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can definitely see that, I think you mean to say "cheapens" rather than "demeans". Guyana: Cult Of The Damned already exists and came out like two minutes after the actual massacre at Jonestown so I'm not as disturbed by the motif when a movie like, say, Zero Day. ZD is a very similar idea to this one and much more contemporaneous film to the event it's portraying (and a really good movie, one of the few FF movies I would say is great). It's Ti West, so I trust it's not just a bald recapitulation of things we already know or things that are seared in our minds about this historical event sexed up by the hip FF trend, but on the other hand, if Ti West made a movie about a thinly veiled Adam Lanza or something I'd probably have a similar reaction.

Holy crap someone else who watched Zero Day, mad respek

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zenintrude posted:

90s technothrillers are back baby!

:barf:

Johnny Mnemonic is fantastic you fucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Geekboy posted:

Those posters would look 10 times better with fonts you could actually read and/or were not terrible.

How can a place so obsessed with design suck so very badly at choosing fonts?

Especially that Ratatouille poster. Jesus Christ that's infuriating.

trying too hard, 4/10

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why's the title in Cyrillic?????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ben McKenzie? It's the loving O.C. by way of Gotham. That's really bad casting after seeing Gary Oldman as an old Gordan. I like the kid but he has the range of a piece of toast.

So have you not seen Southland where he plays a cop really well or are you just an idiot rear end in a top hat fucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hedges, grass, what's the difference

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Franz von Dada posted:

Is there some other movie about Noah's Ark coming out that I just completely missed?

A bunch of artists making posters in their style???? The gently caress is this horseshit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

I took this picture at a Best Buy yesterday. Seems someone at Fox had the bright idea that minimalist posters needed to be much uglier and jaw-droppingly terrible.

if that is jaw-droppingly terrible to you your jaw tendons are made of wet spaghetti

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he meant AdP, Adrian "All Day" Peterson, star running back of the Minnesota Vikings

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

His name is Torry Holt and his job was to catch things in case you don't watch football. (He was really good at it too)

His name was Anthony Munoz and his job was blocking other men. He was also very good at it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Eddie Deezen has wronged plenty of people, my friend.

Eddie Deezen is the best part of that movie aside from the 5 minutes of Roddy McDowell we get

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember when people here thought Michael Rappaport was a racist because he plays some racist characters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

Tell me you like my hat

Doc Holliday's Revenge: The 2013 Marshall Football Story

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lizard Combatant posted:

"From the director of The Sixth Sense" carried a lot of clout that has only now worn off.

Donny Darko is one of the only instances I can think of where the director's cut completely ruined the film. Are there any others?

for some reason I'm reminded of a movie review of the director's cut i read where the guy gave the theatrical release 4 stars or whatever his max rating was, only to find out later that they actually mixed up the reels and showed the movie out of order, but he still loved it and thought it was super deep and amazing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

???

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Man, Haley Joel Osment hasn't been lucky with his looks as an adult.

His face is loving tiny compared to his head

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Why is his zipper at his crotch but his jumpsuit zipped up halfway?

double zipper

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

When is a van not a van?

when it's ajar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Are they going to gently caress each other while Cap looks on disapprovingly and is lectured about how he needs to do away with his outdated 1940's 'incest is wrong' hang-ups a la that one Ultimates comic? That might be worth the price of admission alone.

We'd also get drunk Tony Stark's robotic duplicate also being drunk so yeah, i hope so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they actually hold up really well, and I'm American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The Castle is a really ugly movie that romanticises a type of people that don't deserve it. I hate that it's such a cultural touchstone, it's one of those movies you're almost expected to like growing up here, but realising that someone idolises it was a fast track to knowing we weren't going to mesh well.

so you hate poors or something what is this