Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I thought it was that it took place on October 31, Halloween?

Edit: Yep. Zombie said as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

caligulamprey posted:

Sometime tells me Andy Daly's talent of being the funniest human being on the face of the planet will be wasted in this movie.

Between Zootopia, Finding Dory, Pete's Dragon, and Kubo, I have seen the trailer to that price of poo poo too many times. I will pit money down that in every single review, the one good thing about the film they will mention is Andy Daly.

For those lucky enough, the plot is that Andy Daly is the kid's new rear end in a top hat principle. He targets the totally awesome and definitely talented precocious protagonist, and the totally cool and talented underachieving protagonist fights back with weirdly elaborate schemes and pranks. So yeah, it's bad bad.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Actually this:

http://ichorfalls.chainsawsuit.com/

The story by Kris Straub. The chainsawsuit/Starslip/Checkboard Nightmare/This good poo poo guy. I doubt that he's involved in the show.

It's gonna be a American Horror Story type show based on Creepypasta. And apparently Executive Produced by Max Landis, so take that as you will.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Gonz posted:

And a Mood House, as well.

A mood house?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
#TheyllNeverMakeAMonkeyOutOfMe

Edit:
#ItWasEarthAllAlong
#YouveFinallyMadeAMonkeyOutOfMe

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Legit. Archie ends up dying, leaving only Betty and Veronica as the only surviving cast. They take the corpse of the mostly wounded Predator (who is a teenager who communicates roughly in Emojis/Smilies), hook him into a machine that Dilton invented to rebuild body parts, and remake him into a physical clone of Archie. All so that they can keep fighting over who gets to go out with him.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

muscles like this! posted:

Green Day, Collective Soul, L7 and Tom Jones.

One of these things is not like the other.

I mean if you got a song like this, you're going to flaunt it.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I watched the first season. It's a dumb crazy premise, and it propels itself on ripping off Twin Peaks, surprise twists, and uncomfortable amounts of emotional abuse/low simmering incestual attraction. It's kinda a show I can respect for knowing exactly what it is and finely executing on it. It's not great TV, and much in the way that Twin Peaks was a Soap Opera that occasionally delves into uncomfortable horror, so is this. Personally it was a guilty pleasure that I never got around to continuing.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Man, that would be perfect if it weren't for the extranious Groot in the corner.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It makes the film look like a space western, and it's up to Ripley to tame the buckin' Alien Queen in time for the big Rodeo to save the space farm.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Apparently the whole story is, there's a website that allows you to put your services up for $5. Two Indian guys apparently put up their service of 'Holding up a sign that says whatever you want in a public space'. For a gag, this PewDiePie fellow hired them to hold up a sign stating "Death to all Jews" to see if they would do it. These two allegedly didn't know how to read English, so controversy ensued. Apparently there may be a couple more anti-semetic comments that preceded or followed this event, not that I can find any specific references to them, which may or may not be serous reflections of his personal beliefs, or just bad attempts at shocking humor. Either way, it was a really bad call considering the increasingly more nationalist climate we live in, and at the worst absolutely exploitative on his behalf.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

LesterGroans posted:

There's a video on here with a collection of some of the other poo poo he's said.

http://www.avclub.com/article/disney-severs-ties-internet-person-pewdiepie-over--250281

Aw cool, glad to upgrade that watch level from "huge loving idiot" to "Legit Monster".

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Pretty much Darth Vader and the Empire's #1 fanboy decided to recreate the Death Star except bigger and badder. In this case, instead of a moon sized space station, it's a planet with a huge gently caress-off laser.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

This looks like a fake poster. Like one that would be in the background of a high powered Hollywood executive's office in a low rent comedy. Just posed between a romantic comedy starring fictional actress 'Karen Morris' and a movie about Spiders attacking San Francisco.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

porfiria posted:

I read the book and I still have no idea why Jesus of Nazareth isn't the main character. Like, seven versions of him or whatever.

It's been like 8 years since I've read it, but I distinctly remember the book stating that Jesus just decided to bum it in the middle east.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Actually it's "Tom, cruise (on) The Mummy"

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To be fair, the eugenics thing is a recent development. Comics Backstory, a bunch of Inhumans banged some humans at some point in history, resulting in a bunch of secret Inhuman hybrids that are impossible to tell are different from humans. And the Inhumans have a giant cloud that, if it comes in contact with said descendants, turns them into full blown Inhumans with superpowers and such. This is very much an active effort to decrease the X-Men brand as Fox, and not Marvel Studios, holds the film rights.

In another Marketing Driven story line, it was retroactively revealed that the Inhuman's Cloud was actually killing mutants. And apparently any and all attempts at diplomatic resolution to the issue was met with, 'We Inhumans like our cloud, and you Mutants can suck it!', presumably with the only goal of wanting to kill off all of the X-Men. This lead to conflict, where the X-Men attempted to destroy the cloud, and the Inhumans fighting them to save it. It is very much a story designed only to sell comics, and wasn't very good. resolution was arbitrarily the Inhumans going 'Oh, our cloud was killing your Mutants? Oh, a thousand apologies. We will take care of this.' And the cloud was destroyed. It was, very much, not a good comic.

That aside, I might watch the show just cause I want to see Lockjaw. Who is a goodboy who I want to pet.

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 6, 2017

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

The MSJ posted:

New Far Cry game

FYI, it's set in Montana so you can pretty much tell what it's about. I'd be concerned about that Crossed dog that is probably going to eat and rape everyone, though.

So that looks bad and forced. Not Spiderman: Homecoming bad, but still.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

they skipped 4 heads

Well yeah. For the first sequel you add another head, and what are you going to do for the second? Add another head? People have seen another head, what they haven't seen is two additional heads. It only makes sense that for the fourth one you add three heads.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It didn't revolutionise the way we look at film, but it's probably going to be one of the year's best Crime Films with a hell of a lot of style.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Well at least he's upfront about his kinks.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Y'all should have saved yourselves some pain by jumping off when Frank Darabont did.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

... Oh hi Mark.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I was pulled in with "Alexander Payne".

So many people are going to be pissed about how sad and/or depressing it is, rather than a kinda wacky tiny person hijinx film.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It is out of proportion. Maybe the leg is the correct length, but the knee is waaay out of place. Calf looks tiny, shin looks massive. I think it may be a composite, of take where the originally the left leg was straight, and another where it was bent, and combined them in ways they absolutely should not have.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

H

H  

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Nihonniboku posted:

Bomb? Let's not be hyperbolic here. It's still a Star Wars movie. It's going to make a buttload of money. I have my concerns about it myself, mainly due to milquetoast Ron Howard, but a bunch of internet fanboys whining about #NotMySolo are not going to hurt this movie very much at all. The biggest whiners will still be there opening night. Because it's Star Wars.

Remember how the internet exploded just a few months ago over Battlefront 2 and everyone was predicting that it would be the death of EA? Sure, it fell short of expectations, but it still sold shitloads, and made a ton of money for EA and Disney.

Yeah, but the industry is run by hyperbole. The fact that BvS didn't breach $1 billion cost Zack Snyder half of a Justice League (and will probably cost him his blockbuster career). So Solo will make bank, but heads will roll when it doesn't make 'enough' bank.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
E Pluribus Anus

Edit: F, Beaten

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I think it's good America is finally recovering from 9/11, making a film about using 747s to attack Kaiju Shwarzenegger

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

bows1 posted:

I actually want to see Tag!

GrandpaPants posted:

You can tell it's a fan creation because it acknowledges the existence of Hawkeye.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Its also this, none of the people Ive seen bitch about this were even old enough to grow up on Thundercats vhs tapes, much less the actual run. A lot of it is rooted in how the rise of the Cal Arts Style was apace with the rising visibility of queer creators in professional spaces (and as a result better representational politics in cartoons,) so bashing the style is basically a dogwhistle for more general regressive whining.

I understand a few legit points of criticism. The style is fairly homogeneous and a little uninspired among the post-Adventure Time cartoon landscape (e.g. Steven Universe, O.K. KO, Craig of the Creek, We Bare Bears, The Loud House, Gravity Falls, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, Ducktales, the new Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans Go! (side note: I personally think that there is a lot of variance among these series, including among Thundercats, but they distinctly come from a specific era of children's programing). What they've shown so far hasn't been very good (because so far it's just opening titles, and bespoke animation announcing the series featuring a solo character. And the people behind the series have admitted that the latter was something a dude made in a closet over a weekend, and it's content isn't necessarily representative of the final product). And there's the fact that it's a somewhat tasteless regurgitation of a previous property (mainly taking issue with the regurgitation, rather than using resources to create something original).

And to be frank, it does seem a fairly on the nose attempt from Cartoon Network to create a series that could recapture the success of both Adventure Time (comedic adventure tales) and Teen Titans Go! (irreverent and over-the-top misadventures that parody the source material, hopefully dragging in older fans with easter eggs). And them attempting to ape the latter has people worried, as Teen Titans Go! has numerous detractors for a lot of reasons (from pissy fans of the source material ala what we're seeing now, to people who just really hate it's humor and content, to people who would be fine with it until it's been shoved down their throats by executives (this type of scheduling was a regular occurance)).

But this is complete conjecture about a show that hasn't even finished production on any episodes yet. And what rational adults-despite-the-fact-they-watch-cartoons would do is leave any judgement until they have a more concrete representation of the show before writing it off as A Bad Thing™.

As penance for that diatrabe, have an image of Ruth Bader Ginsberg:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
*puts ear to the ground* Definitely multiple sclerosis.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Not true, remember when they screened that Godzilla teaser that was better than the actual movie?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I will fight you for dissing my boys Colossus and Cable.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
If badly compressed images that other people make is all it takes for internet gold then sign me up:

I'll take my oscar please.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Rahonavis posted:

What’s that from anyway?

From this:

It's from cartoonist Sean Galloway. Guy did a Superman story that I liked, started following his stuff.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Yep. That looks like a Mike Mignola drawing.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Honestly, if they went full CGI Anime in a live action world it might have worked. As is, the mostly-but-not quite human approach was weirdly contentious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Well, she did make a pretty good haunted house at Universal.