Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dshban posted:

Movie titles get one !, but reality shows get three!!!

I have never seen straight-up ad copy on a poster before this. Even in magazine it's been gone for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GrandpaPants posted:

All I see in Bane's mask is a dude pulling the front of a jacket in a sort of "ready to rock" kinda motion. Like I can very clearly make out hands in it.

Bane does that all the time in the movie.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Today I learned that "durst" was a real word.

It's a remnant of the old Germanic past tense. Today everyone just says "dares". I'm checking the OED online right now to confirm this, and apparently the article hasn't been updated since 1894, and still lists durst as the majorly used past tense. Also, there are cognates with Greek, Old Church Slavonic, and "Aryan".

The Durst we are all thinking of comes from German directly. It means "thirst".

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
F. Murray Abraham's career trajectory is insane.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Who replaced De Niro's face with Lenny Montana's face?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dissapointed Owl posted:

These posters are amazing.

It's cool that Stellan Skarsgard, unlike everyone else, is clearly actually naked.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustach posted:

Evolution pretty much comes down to "live, die, repeat", so I can get behind the DNA imagery.

Speaking as a biology major, there's a "gently caress" somewhere in there.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Speaking as a non-biology major, many species don't gently caress.

That's inefficient because DNA doesn't recombine. :colbert:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Kelsey Grammer: Action Legend

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

He's got a boner.

uggggh

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The electric chair is an obvious fake. Anything with multiple takes and a three camera setup and lighting is fake. Anything that looks like a news report from a foreign country is real.

I'm still dying to know which country the attempted political knifing footage in Surviving Edged Weapons was taken in.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Chief posted:

Poster for the upcoming film which is sort of a follow up to Wet Hot American Summer.

They put the names over the wrong heads just to gently caress with people, I love it. Also, that disclaimer at the bottom. The clip is great too.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

The writer said "one man's fascism is another man's patriotism" so I wouldn't hold out hope on it turning out well.

That owns, Hollywood hasn't had an unapologetic fascist film since Gabriel Over the White House and I think that Starship Troopers deserves to be the first. Even Heinlein tried to dodge the accusation.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Slasherfan posted:

I just saw this and thought it was one of the cheesiest horror posters I've seen

"horror"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am really curious to see how well 50 Shades does and so should all nerds because this may be the beginning of another rated R renaissance.

There's a rumor that they will release both an R-rated and NC-17 version.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

penismightier posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

He looks like he should be in one of the Kick-rear end movies

He looks like he should be presenting Smash Mouth with eggs.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

How are there twenty five different covers for the same issue? Jesus.

This is 90s-style X-Men. Why wouldn't there be?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I can never not confuse Zack Snyder, Brian Singer, and Brett Ratner.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Seriously.

Still very pumped for this movie, though.

edit: correction, five nominees and two winners, I forgot Jackman got nominated for Les Miserables.

Paquin won too. She isn't in the movie, but she is in that image.

To recap: Anna Paquin (1993), Halle Berry (2001), and Jennifer Lawrence (2012) are Oscar winners. Ian McKellen (1998/2001), Ellen Page (2007), Hugh Jackman (2013), and Michael Fassbender (2014) are nominees.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Has any comedy sequel besides Waynes World 2 ever done this?

Evil Dead 2

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

That wasn't presented as a sequel though.

It was basically a remake that took the cooler of the two names.

Romero is still making actual sequels to a movie he made in 1968.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MikeJF posted:

Mondo! And alternate colouring.

I love it. And they've managed to use the limited colouring in an atmospheric way.

This is a great Watchmen comic poster.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is the secret best shot in the show:

The entire series is directed by one guy.

A map of the long take:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zE66AOOpTqo0.kFhz5RglPO8Q

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy gently caress, The Asylum wasted no time in getting their version of Pompeii out there:

So, how many seconds is John Rhys-Davies in this?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Red_Museum posted:

Poster for Ti West's The Sacrament.

Oh, is this the Joe Paterno movie?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Falcon is one of the first black superheroes.

The first black superhero not to have "Black" in his name.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

So the latest Captain America: The Winter Soldier poster. Ehhhhhh. Chris Evans looks more like someone who's realised they might have left the stove running, rather than someone in the middle of an intense fight.

He looks like he's running away from the fighting and explosions behind him.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I hope the sword transforms into a smaller Optimus Prime, with its own sword. And that sword will transform into a smaller Optimus Prime, etc.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Well i could have told you that.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kush posted:

:effort:

Oh, it comes out in a month? Is there any sort of hype towards this? Does anyone care?

90% of the times I heard of this movie was "Nolan's usual cinematographer is working on his directorial debut."

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LeJackal posted:

In gratitude for his success with the Disney/Touchstone film Good Morning, Vietnam, Robin Williams voiced the Genie for SAG scale pay ($75,000), on condition that his name or image not be used for marketing, and his (supporting) character not take more than 25% of space on advertising artwork, since Toys was scheduled for release one month after Aladdin's debut. For financial reasons, the studio went back on the deal on both counts, especially in poster art by having the Genie in 25% of the image, but having other major and supporting characters portrayed considerably smaller. The Disney Hyperion book Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film listed both of Williams' characters "The Peddler" and "The Genie" ahead of main characters, but was forced to refer to him only as "the actor signed to play the Genie".

Williams and Disney had a bitter falling-out, and as a result, Dan Castellaneta voiced the Genie in The Return of Jafar, the Aladdin animated television series, and had recorded his voice for Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Following Jeffrey Katzenberg's departure from Disney, former 20th Century Fox production head Joe Roth, whose last act for Fox was greenlighting Williams' film Mrs. Doubtfire, replaced Katzenberg and arranged for a public apology to Williams by Disney. Williams agreed to perform in Hollywood Pictures' Jack, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, and even agreed to voice the Genie again for the King of Thieves sequel (for considerably more than scale), replacing all of Castellaneta's dialogue.

This is why Dan Castellaneta has such a killer Robin Williams impression, because he was paid "considerably more than scale" to do it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"Harry Lloyd" is an unfortunate name for an actor.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CaptainHollywood posted:

It's still a wonder how the show airs on NBC.

The answer to any question involving NBC can be answered with "Because NBC is incompetent."

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's higher resolution than the Rock is in real life.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Palmersaurus posted:

It came from Mondo:

Normally I'm ambivalent when it comes to Mondo, but this one is just a mess.

Michael Bay IS Chevy Chase

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They look more grotesque and wrinkled than Yoda on Reilly's T-shirt.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

They should have the actual band The Misfits play The Misfits in Jem. Mainly because I want to see a teenage girl in glam rock make up kick Jerry Only right in the dick.

Didn't they actually have a parody of the real Misfits in one of the cartoon's episodes? I never saw it so don't know.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cleretic posted:

Gattaca was one of those movies that my high school's science classes would play to help grasp theoretical concepts/get us interested in a field/shut us up for a few lessons, so I kind of can't view it objectively, I always just flash back to sitting in an uncomfortable plastic chair waiting for the bell to ring.

It's still very funny that it's about all these future events but the main motivator for the protagonist, to see what's under Titan's clouds, was accomplished via probe a few years after the movie was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hewlett posted:

Yeah, is it bad that I actually kind of dig them? Especially the Office Space one, which is the "good" kind of minimalist in that it conveys the movie's attitudes and themes in a single image.

It also is the first poster I've seen that actually has Ron Livingston on it.