Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rough Lobster posted:

Man comics sure to love the "woman with two batons" character, don't they.

Daredevil, Nightwing, Kickass. They're just a popular weapon choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Heroes have to use a blunt weapon so they can beat the absolute poo poo out of someone without having them sliced to pieces.

Plus batons are especially good for superheroes because they can be hidden in a civilian outfit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vegetable posted:

I'm fully godless, the Lord and all cultural references to him can sod off

That's gonna take out a huge part of Western culture.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jedit posted:

You forgot

What are you, Protestant?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Is this a sequel to Valkyrie?

They're both based off true stories, and it does take place after Valkyrie, so, I guess, arguably?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reminds me of this

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

It seems like the only thing they really did was take out the word Tibet though.

And change a major character from Tibetan to extremely white

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't he genuinely a big supporter of Chinese cinema?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why do they have hurricane belly buttons?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I suppose my bigger question is why do those outfits have 27 different textures?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those designs are just a mess. They're way too complicated, and there aren't any strong elements you can pick out. Which means they can't really be simplified for toys, video games, etc. which is a problem for a children's movie. peep this poo poo.

The toy maker just had to choose what parts to leave unpainted, because there's no clear design or theme, aside from "kibbley mess".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

That's quite the pink vagina girl-codpiece.

The lines of the stomach and the ribs and the dark outlining around the codpiece itself really draw your eyes right to it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Squibs are great when it's just a shot of a guy getting shot. But when you're doing complicated choreography with people getting shot and other actors doing stuff all in one shot, having to clean up all the blood and redo wardrobe and makeup for every single take, that's a ton of extra work when only a small percentage of the audience will even notice the difference between squibs and CGI.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Attitude Indicator posted:

why did they put all the grenades way over on the edge of the path?

They aren't grenades, they're very clearly theater pyrotechnics.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Kong is good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cross-Section posted:

A heist movie, you say?

e: Replaced with less artifact-y version

I just realized, she isn't partially transparent. She's in front of the Death Star, and the Death Star plans are projected over her.

A lot going on in that poster, a lot of layers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Savidudeosoo posted:

Legends Cannon has Guri, a human replica droid.

Isn't "Legends Cannon" just "not actually cannon"?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spooky like this! posted:

That movie has a really weird part where the bad guy is in old man makeup throughout the entire thing just so that they can do a reveal at the end that when he was young he wrote a book about bees.

You're thinking of Prometheus

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

Well I mean there's so much source material.

That's why I'm not as down on the idea of five Magical Beasts movies as I was on three Hobbit movies. The Hobbit is a single story, if you try to stretch it out you gently caress it up. But the original Magical Beasts book didn't have a narrative, it was just world building. There's no pre-existing narrative to gently caress up. It's just a series of movies set in the world described by the book.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Allen Wren posted:

as invented sports go, quidditch is so bad.

Unlike, say,

There's only one answer for best invented sport.

In case you're wondering, that's not what Joan Chen wears in the movie. This is what she actually wears

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Allen Wren posted:

I've never heard of this, but I must admit a certainly level of interest, because it looks batshit.

Salute of the Jugger loving owns. But it is vitally important that you watch Salute of the Jugger, not Blood of Heroes. Blood of Heroes is the American release, and it cuts five minutes off the end, completely changing the movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please tell me Wild in the Streets lives up to those posters

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kraps posted:

This would be interesting but I can't freaking believe they still haven't done anything about when James and Lilly were in school. It's the ultimate highschool character sheet: semi-douchebag protagonist James, d'ark sadsack Snape, woeful sadsack Lupin, megacool bad boy Sirius, smart and kind Lily who is chased by our protagonist, and the runt of the group Peter.

It's also a hell of a lot more interesting than Harry's story

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stare-Out posted:

At first glance I thought it was just a really bad picture of John Cusack.

For some reason John Cusack always seemed to me like an attempt to make a second Edward Norton that went horribly mediocre.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FreudianSlippers posted:

I am deeply offended by the Bothan erasure in Rogue One.

The Bothans got the plans for the SECOND Death Star, you stupid motherfucker

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sockser posted:

Have there ever been good character posters?

I googled character posters and found this, so yeah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zenintrude posted:

I need some of those for my library... Want my kids confused by who's telling them to read.

They still sell READ posters, unfortunately not the classics like those. It's all new celebrities kids will know, like Bella Thorne and William H Macy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to see a situation where society runs on animal-world rules, but everyone is still humans, so everything is just human puns.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Mann posted:

I am so not ready for early 00s nostalgia to be a thing.

If it ends the trend of platformers with "retro" pixel graphics and we start getting games with "retro" muddy textures slapped over crude polygon graphics, I'm all for it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

She needs to jump back into that franchise. Hell, bring back the entire cast from the first one. Francis from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, the kid from Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and the male stripper from Summer School probably already have a script ready to go, they just need Jennifer Aniston on board to get the green light.

I'd watch Leprechaun: The Series: A Netflix Original.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Basebf555 posted:

He's probably had the most successful career outside of Friends aside from Aniston. He at least starred in a movie that was a big enough hit to get a sequel, that's more than you can say for Schwimmer, Leblanc, or Kudrow. I guess Courtney Cox has made some good money over the years with Cougar Town and the later Scream sequels.

Matt LeBlanc is starring in a series on Shwotime that's lasted five seasons so far

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why don't they just get painted posters in the same style as the posters for all the other Star Wars movies?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

Me upon seeing this when it was just a proof: "soooooo nobody else sees Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia? It's just me?" I was ignored.

Nobody else sees that because nobody remembers Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

flosofl posted:

This takes place before A New Hope.

It's a prequel? Disney is making another Star Wars prequel?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

I've been a fan of Moebius and Geoff Darrow since forever, so I'm digging the hell out of this poster. Makes me wish Seth Fisher was still alive, I miss that guy's art.

Hey, I recognize those things. That's a drawing of things I remember from movies and TV I like. Like the dog Hachi from the Richard Gere movie Hachi.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

It's Nausicaa and San from Princess Mononoke, but it does question why certain people are there when it could be a simple future "cops vs. robbers/rebels" piece. I mean, why's Ripley in her Power Loader fighting Batou, Kusanagi, a Tachikoma and Adam Jensen? Why isn't it Wikus from District 9 in his suit or Max from Elysium, which would be more appropriate? I mean, Chappie's there. And since I brought up Adam Jensen, why is he and the Ghost from Starcraft here when it's mostly movie characters? Or Eleven from "Stranger Things"?

You're overthinking it. It's stuff from things you like. So it's good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why didn't they just make the truck a monster? Like, a alien ghost went into the truck and transformed it into a monstrous truck. Or an alien came to earth and got confused and thought that trucks were the dominant species, so it disguised itself as a truck. Either way, one single entity, a Monster Truck. That seems much simpler and more appealing that what they went with, a regular truck infested with a tentacle monster.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

I like how the pentagram on the gun is only aligned the way the poster is framed, instead of how you'd hold it. what a lovely poster, looks like mondo garbage

You wouldn't be able to see the pentagram when he was holding it. Because his hand would be in the way. That's how holding works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Syncopated posted:

Aww yeah, hope it's as good as Prometheus.

I hope it's better than Prometheus.

It's a new Alien movie, right?