Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

I have always liked this poster because they could have gone in a very different direction but this lets everyone know that not all animated films are for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

That's so dumb. The meme is so old and dead that 99% of people have probably forgotten about it.

Confession time: I put up a Craigslist ad with this meme on it about 8 years ago and I got a lot of responses. Met a nice girl and dated her for a few months, it was fun.

The Mondo posters are pretty great but yeah, they need to get them out to people in a better fashion.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Is there a way to buy large sized posters of those (or other) book covers? There is a used bookstore near me that has movie size posters of some famous book covers but the staff has no idea where they came from.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Tomero_the_Great posted:

This just arrived in the mail today.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy this? I ask because it is missing the rest of the quote and it really changes the tone of the whole thing.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Tomero_the_Great posted:

I goofed and bought the Australian version by accident.

Since it's my favorite film, I'm tempted to just buy the 'normal' one and hold onto the one I have as an Aussie novelty.

Huh, that's even weirder, I wonder why the Aussie poster drop those five words?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I've always liked this poster, the layout of the characters around the page and those crazy goggles appeal to me. I think Bill Sienkiewicz drew it but I am not sure.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

QuoProQuid posted:

I really do enjoy when movies advertise via in-universe products and promotions. Given what happens in Catching Fire, I really do like that poster.

I like this idea too and I know I have seen some examples of it but I cannot for the life of me remember any that are not part of a huge ARG. Can anyone think of any?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Vintersorg posted:

Mother gently caress - none of them ship to Canada! This is bullshit. :(

These guys are in Toronto and have a pretty big stock and good prices. I bought a huge 3 sheet poster to cover one wall of my apartment for $20:

http://ca.movieposter.com/cgi-bin/mpw8/new_footer.pl?src=TorontoRetailStore

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Okay, it's Jackie Brown time!

I like this a lot, do you happen to know the artist?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

CloseFriend posted:

I've been shopping for movie posters lately, and one of my favorite posters in the world is Mort Drucker's American Graffiti poster.

I'm more than aware of Drucker's prolific and amazing output, but did he do any other film posters? Google hasn't helped me out any here. I love Rick Meyerowitz's similar Animal House poster, and I'd love to see more posters in that style in general, but Drucker's work is something special.

I have always really liked this poster, it is just so odd, much like the film itself.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Matlock posted:

I still don't get everyone's obsession with pretending the vampire angle was any kind of secret in From Dusk Till Dawn. Our area didn't even have internet until 1997, and distribution of mags like Fangoria was nil, but 12-year-old-me was in a car driving to the nearest theater to see it on a cold January Saturday (the day after release!) with a few friends and a weird Bosnian guy that were all hyped at it being a vampire movie.

I saw it the first weekend and I had a pretty good idea but my two friends had zero clue and were really enjoying it until the reveal. I distinctly recall my one friend saying aloud "What the gently caress?!". He wasn't the only one who had no idea as there was quite a lot of chatter in the theatre at that point. My friends both consider it a bad movie to this day.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Is that the episode where someone said "All your base are belong to us!" and goons got excited because SA had started that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I like this new Sicario poster, I wish all of it were hand drawn.

jet sanchEz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 26, 2015