Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Here's that octopus vid. Octopus out of loving nowhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDTtkZlMwM

This is actually taken from one of the TED Talks collections that just went up on Netflix, I watched it earlier in the week. Awesome stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

:arghfist::spergin: TEAL AND ORANGE :arghfist::spergin:

(This one is obviously fan-made too, but it was put up on the official Facebook page along with some terrible fanart)

All I can see is a toilet seat.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

Shai's playing a wanna-be tough guy who actually just a little poo poo who completely fucks up everything in this though, right? He's a pretty good fit for such a role.

Is this the movie where Shia took a swing at Tom Hardy on set or whatever?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Another DKR banner:

I like that one. :shobon:

So are these new oddly shaped posters being made specifically for people to use as Facebook wallpaper?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's a great poster, but the movie is stupid fun.

House and House II are great horror/comedies. Wasn't there a Saturday morning cartoon based on House II? The 80's were weird.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Young Freud posted:

These work because the imagery is so iconic. Nausicaa and her windboard, Totoro, Kiki on her broom, the titular moving castle, Sheeta and Pazu kissing in mid-air. The only one that doesn't work is probably the Tales Of Earthsea and that yellow-boxed one (which I have no idea what it is, because I've just gone through a list of Ghibli titles and couldn't find the hirigana to match).

Minimalist design exploiting a well-known idea or theme of the film isn't bad. I think that joke Fight Club cover works as well, because that first fight scene, from the iconic line "I want you to hit me as hard as you can", is probably one of the most memorable scenes in the film. It's much better than the "Space Monkey" cover that actually got printed that only appeals to the hardcore fans of the film.

As someone who has not seen the movies, no they don't. I see a big blobby thing, an owl, a witch, a dragon and flying kids kissing. Those covers are still for people who have already seen the movie, just like all those lovely minimalist posters linked here all the time. Maybe those silhouettes are more central to the films than what we usually see, but they tell me very little about what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When my family first got a VCR in the late 80s, this was the first movie I ever rented. The tape was damaged, so I didn't get to see it. I was only recently able to see it, and while it's not great, it's definitely not even the worst horror comedy of the era.

I remember it being awesome, but I was a child and don't want to ruin the nostalgia.