Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

There's something really loving fascinating to Denzel's right.

He's like the real life Zoolander. He can't turn left.

At least until Magnum comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

New poster for V/H/S

Was right about to post that. I'm friends with the movie's creators and I really wanted to like that poster, but they should've went with an actual VHS tape instead of the almost 8-bit looking skull.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They don't make them like they did in the 80s. Even posters for kids movies were awesome.

And to bring it back to this decade, I loved the posters for History of Violence and Funny Games.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Limited edition poster that will be given away at selected midnight IMAX screenings. I quite like it, actually.

I missed out on the Avengers IMAX poster, but this should compliment my Prometheus IMAX poster nicely. Even though the design of the poster leaves a little bit to be desired, it's awesome of IMAX to do poo poo like this.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Some posters I have hanging in my apartment, I wish I had a more over-arching motif other than "random rear end movies to have posters of hanging in your place"

and here's a better pic (not mine) of that last one, just because I've always loved that poster.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

Actually, it's the second best.

Also I just looked up "Up the Sandbox to see what in hell it was about.

My question has been answered with more questions.

Here's two of my favorite "guys holding guns" posters from the 80s.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

Whichever goon it was that repainted this...

into this...

needs to do the same thing to the Expendables 2 poster.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In honor of V/H/S/...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New poster for John Dies At The End has been released. While I love painted posters, I find this one a bit lacking.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if they were aping the paperback novel cover of American Psycho or if there's an earlier example of this type of layout that they got it from.

and here's a poster that I've always loved, the blurb about Animal House is so out of place, yet so right.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 17, 2012

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DKWildz posted:

Mondo tomorrow

Tyler Stout - Reservoir Dogs

Oh my...

What time is it going on sale? Not that I have any chance in hell of actually being able to purchase it since these things sell out ridiculously fast, but I'd like to know the exact moment that I'll be facing my disappointment.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Were these posted? I didn't think I'd like these as much as I do, though that probably has more to do with how well the subject matter actually gels with the style they decided to homage.

http://timothyandersonart.bigcartel.com/product/star-wars-spaghetti-western-trilogy-3-posters

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

Does anyone know where I could find a proper sized print of this?

I'm trying to find a No Country poster and this is by far the best one.

I really liked No Country's poster designs, they were pretty loving awesome (I wish I liked the movie more though).

and then there's this stupid poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pick Hard posted:

Cool Taint poster.

Here's an terrible fan poster for Django Unchained.

holy poo poo.

:frogbon:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

these are awesome.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

schwenz posted:

I love how this poster totally gives away the entire plot of the movie.

Wendy Peppercorn... :allears:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

He is even exhibiting proper trigger discipline
:goonsay:

Wrong. That trigger is exhibiting proper charlie discipline.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Goatmask posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy somewhere the fake documentary posters that appeared at the start of The Life Aquatic?

In the same vein, I really wish they released the in-movie poster/book cover for In The Mouth of Madness. I have the theatrical poster (on my phone or I'd post a pic), but it's a pretty goddamn boring poster I have to say. If they would've released the in-movie one (along with the other book covers like Hobb's End Horror and the like), that poo poo would've ruled.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Flaskraven posted:

I feel like I've seen that trailer forever. Perhaps because it's so boring. I really hate it, even though Owen Wilson's cool.

Anyway, I went looking in my old photoshop folder and found a poster I made for Taxi Driver. I'm actually pretty pleased with it. There are plenty of things I would change if I still had the .psd, like font and adding actor names. But yeah, have a fan poster of a great movie I guess.

That looks like it should be the design for the pan & scan VHS box cover.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Parachute posted:

I really loved the trailer for this because one of the clips they show is of Adrien Brody standing there and about 4 or 5 of the red dot clusters appear all over his torso simultaneously.

In the trailer it was a poo poo load of red dot clusters, then in the movie it was only... 3? BULLSHIT. Still loved the hell out of that movie for whatever reason. It was good trashy fun (I liked Predator 2 as well, hated both AVP movies though).

Here's that In The Mouth of Madness in-movie poster that was never (to my knowledge) released.

And the theatrical poster. It's okay, if a little boring (I do like the tagline however)

and a few of the other Sutter Cane book covers, just because.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The broken bones posted:

Just because Sutter Cane reminds me so much of Garth Marenghi, the entirety of Dark Place is on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

I don't know what I just watched, but it was incredible.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

let's take it back a bit further.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Some new posters for Troma's upcoming Return to Nuke 'Em High Vol. 1.

Why this is a two "volume" film, I have no idea. Lloyd Kaufman said it was done at the suggestion of Tarantino.

That first poster really sucks but that second one is really incredible, so I guess it evens out?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Phone posting so I'm not sure if the resolution on these got butchered, but I'm loving these American Hustle posters.

Jeremy Renner :allears:

I want Jeremy Renner to play a young David Lynch if they ever do a bipiopic.

Or hell, if they ever bother with that Twin Peaks remake, he can play Agent Cole.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I checked for dumb minimalist posters, but there weren't that many.

This one's not horrendous, but it gives a feeling that's more Burn After Reading than anything more in line with this movie.

My friend actually made that (link!), and while there are waaaay too many Saul Bass imitators out there (most of which are garbage), at least his posters are clearly meant to ape the Bass style, some of which came out pretty good (Rock'n'Roll High School, The Thing, Back to the Future), and some of which didn't (that Zombieland poster is pretty bad, and the Dawn one is pretty uninspired).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Strange Matter posted:

Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.

Some kind goon needs to do a Satan in cinema megapost listing all the notable Satan performances. Stormare's is up there, along with Viggo Mortensen's in Prophecy, DeNiro in Angel Heart, and Gabriel Byrne in End of Days (the only good part of that movie).

and because this is the movie posters thread and not "suggest more threads" thread...

:black101:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

rear end guardian?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cacator posted:

Then we could expect Planet of the Apes: Tokyo Drift, Planet of Apes, Planet 5, Apes 6...

Then poor James Franco gets mauled by a chimp.

More like he let the chimp drive. :rice:

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 12, 2013

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Terry Grunthouse posted:

oh, it's mondo? nevermind...

Haha, I know you're joking but I love the perceived stigma now on mondo. That poster rules and the only way it can rule harder is if they did a acid trip blacklight version of it (that wasn't limited to a run of 25 that only John Mondo and his reseller sons have first dibs to).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, we just went through one derail not one page ago.

Here's hoping that Aaron Paul ends up racing against Predator in that movie which will explain the poster's color scheme.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BonoMan posted:

So this guy puts together a collection of his favorite movie posters (some are fan made I'm guessing) each year. There's some cool stuff in there I haven't seen.
(Bigger versions of all of his selections - plus a LOT more - are on his Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/mrcup/movie-posters/)

Harry Potter

Is the negative space of the ghoul thing supposed to form a letter or a number? It looks like it's supposed to but I can't figure it out.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

This looks like it should be the poster for a Sir Mix-A-Lot biopic.

It reminds me of the Polish Aliens poster.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ShufflerZero posted:

38: At the risk of causing a derail, have some classy train posters

How about one written from ex con Edward Bunker.

and the much better international poster

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lotish posted:

Man I've never even heard of these Romero movies you guys are complaining about.

This thread's starting to give Romero a bad name. Let's show some of his better work, yes?

This poster is currently hanging in my living room. :witch:

Best Romero movie by far.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

M.Ciaster posted:

Couldn't resist.

Hahaha. We've been working post on this for a while and that's how we pronounce it around the office.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

echoplex posted:

Post on the film, not the poster, presumably.

Correct. Post as in post production.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grampa NO!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hbomberguy posted:

Looking at the image without the title (or tagline) made me think of this one. Question: What scene is this new, awfully-hipster poster referencing?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Awesome movie posters guys. Well done. :thumbsup:

So here's a poster done by Tom Hodge.

The movie's probably going to loving blow.

Man. This art style works for some movies, like say this one or Hobo with a Shotgun, but it seems like every other "B" movie is being released with these hideously garish painted posters and I do not like them at all. The new blu ray covers for Night of the Demons and Darkman are downright amateur and ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I disagree with Darkman. It looks like a Comic Book cover, which is appropriate.

The original did too, but pulled it off much better. As it looks now, along with the Night of the Demons poster, it looks like they hired the first guy who looked like he knew how to hold a pen steady to draw it for them. And to top it off, both posters are pretty much the illustrated version of floaty heads/random stills thrown up wherever the illustrator could fit them. Like the more overly-worked Mondo posters, it's just clutter for the sake of clutter with no flow to it.

Man, looking at it again, the original Darkman poster is gorgeous AND tells you everything that needs to be said about the movie.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 24, 2014