Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah it's easy to forget that the smurfs is originally European. Plus doogie howser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Infamous Sphere posted:

People keep going on about how hot Jeremy Renner was in The Avengers and I just think of Jeffrey Dahmer. God, they even have vaguely similar names.
Funny thing is that there was a reality show back in 2003 that had a bunch of aspiring actors that followed Renner when he got his first big break on Dahmer. Wonder if it still exists anywhere?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0348510/

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

computer parts posted:

The one thing I don't like about this movie is that they rereleased the book with this as the cover.

Thankfully I got the version before, which has this cover:

They did just re release it in hard cover with that cover though, which is nice.

What kills me is Kindle books that say "movie tie-in edition" in the title.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Baron Bifford posted:

Why do they do this? Is it too much to get the actors to come in for a few hours and pose for a poster shot?

There is a "real" version of this concept too:

But the photoshopped one is much more versatile. If you search on Google, you can see that they used about a dozen variations for various markets and aspect ratios. Like there's a version with Reese in front, and the guys swapped so the guns are facing away:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Vegetable posted:

That is such a bad poster it hurts my head to see it so many times.

How about this variant:

Wonder if they got a cease and desist for the original "spy vs spy" version:

And might as well throw in the terrible Blu-Ray cover here:

Lens flares! Chris Pines giant hair! Crazy title modification! (why is it a stamp AND an editors insert mark???)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Really, it seems like he was the victim of bad marketing there. Disney family film isn't exactly the lowlight of a career it was made out to be... Lots of good solid actors have been in them. If this was the Remember the Titans of dog racing in the script, maybe it seemed a good diversifying choice?

Now direct to video sequels is another matter.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

His son is the main reason it isn't I Am Legend in a forest.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Hey, look, a movie poster I like:

The half underwater T-Rex in particular is amazing. Instead of just compositing it over the sub scene, it's really half submerged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Prince of Egypt also had this neat DVD extra where they edited together all the various language versions of "When You Believe."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqs73ExrbI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMDqs73ExrbI