Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

HoldYourFire posted:

People didn't like Bunraku? Well poo poo.

Bunraku was very long, I'll give it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What the heck happened to Steven Dorff? He was getting to be a big deal in the late 90's and then, what?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Man, I cannot stop laughing at this image. Two scenarios play out in my head:

1) Dude's foolishly got his head stuck in the door and is crying hysterically for some reason, even though he can just open the door and slip out
2) Dude has just poked his head in on something he thought would be innocent, but turns out to be something hellishly horrific and is all like "HOLY gently caress :gonk:" like the infamous Italian Spider-Man gif

The guy looks like Stephen King, which only makes it better.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kramjacks posted:

Apparently Bella gives birth to a porcelain doll in Breaking Dawn 2.

Children in heavy makeup look really weird to me.

That is fantastically awful on every level. I especially love Stewart's horribly broken neck.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 25, 2012

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DNS posted:

I have to admit I thought these costumes were incredibly badass when I was a kid.

These costumes are pretty badass. . . On anyone but Batman. There was just some weird drive to give Batman's armor as many weird externalized layers as possible.

Also, I like B&R when it is not about Batgirl or Alfred. Arnold is amazing in that movie.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm impressed at how bad this web ad got with so little space to work with:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The broken bones posted:

Whoops! I was looking at Oscars for 1991 by mistake!

Also, take a joke, sheesh!

e: Necessary Roughness is legit a good movie, though

Quick, somebody post about Ben Affleck's great acting in Phantoms, the highlight of 1990 cinema.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't remember him being in Thor or Captain America. I'm not doubting you - I just don't remember it.

He's at the very, very end of Captain America, naturally.

Edit: Oh, and there's that entire subplot where Thor has to get his hammer back and gets into it with Hawkeye and friends.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Oh yeah. I forgot both of those scenes entirely.

It's OK, I have a hard time remembering the entirety of Thor.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

It's kinda frustrating how superhero movies are getting as much up their own asses in continuity and crossovers as the comics they're based on. I mean, that poo poo is why I enjoy the movies in the first place. I can see the cool superheroes without having to take a million notes. Granted, it's not as bad as the comics are, but still.

Until screenwriters start having good and bad "runs" we're very far away from comic book plotting.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

This popped up on Netflix. I love how unashamedly it tries to make people think it's the Amityville Horror, down to mimicking the typeface and making the "my" blend in with the background as much as possible.

Growing up, Amityville Horror stuff was considered dumb enough that it was tantamount to watching wrestling.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

LeJackal posted:

Based on a terrible book by a horrible human being. This is the meaning of the fraction - its trying to divide by sheer badness.

As far as I know Ender's Game is considered the only good Orson Scott Card book?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

God now how will I impress my friends when they see my Police Academy box set?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Grand Theft Auto Loading Screen Characters: The Movie.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I guess I'm finally at the age where certain movies make me feel old--I couldn't believe that Tremors is so old that Kevin Bacon looks young, and now similarly I am amazed at how old City Slickers is.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Alouicious posted:

My god do people still have this weird fixation on the use of the word "joint"?

I can deal with a Spike Lee joint, but I somehow can't deal with a film that's been shot and cut by Robert Rodriguez.

Although, at the same time, I can deal with directors who like to plainly create a personal brand for themselves in a business as lovely as Hollywood.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

If someone else started calling their movies "joints" do you think Spike Lee would try to sue them? Is it more or less likely he'd try to sue them if they were also black?

I am not sure there is a Spike Lee movie in history that has actually turned a profit, but he does have forty acres and a mule.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The young reader's edition of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Darth Freddy posted:

Kevin Sorbo how far you have fallen.

Not that far, considering.